1066 11 2021-11-27
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
PeterKiss
lvl.4
Flight distance : 262749 ft
Slovakia

Hi,

Unfortunately, on my last few flights I noticed that when I go forward my mini 2 drift slightly left, and when I go backward it drift slightly right. So I replaced all propellers, recalibrated controller, gimbal, imu, compass. The problem is still there.

Here is latest flight log (calibrated on my table, then tried on backyard). I think that it is even worse than before proppeler replacement. Any suggestion?
Flight log

Device: Iphone 6, app 1.5.1
2021-11-27
Use props
JJB*
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 12225059 ft
  • >>>
Netherlands

Hi,

Had a look at your flight, but hard to make a conclusion.
Slow speed flying backward, short distance.

Best to fly out in an open area, full speed forward and backward in N-mode will give a better flight to draw conclusions.

cheers
JJB
analysis1.png
2021-11-27
Use props
PeterKiss
lvl.4
Slovakia

Better log, longer distance, normal mode, full forward:

flightlog

(Currently in lockdown, so can test only around my house...)

I watched it closely now, and it is not an axis rotation, the whole drone flights to the side with camera still facing the same direction.
2021-11-27
Use props
DJI Paladin
Administrator
Flight distance : 318 ft

Hi there. Thank you for reaching out and we're sorry for the trouble that this has caused. Can you please confirm if the unit experience a hard landing before? When you experience the said issue, did you receive an error message on the application? Please keep us posted. Thank you.
2021-11-27
Use props
PeterKiss
lvl.4
Slovakia

DJI Paladin Posted at 11-27 05:46
Hi there. Thank you for reaching out and we're sorry for the trouble that this has caused. Can you please confirm if the unit experience a hard landing before? When you experience the said issue, did you receive an error message on the application? Please keep us posted. Thank you.

No, it did not experienced hard landing or crash. No errors on screen. I did not flight for cca three months, last week I updated to newest app and firmware. when I went flying I noticed that it is going slightly left during forward movement. Changed propellers, calibrated compass, imu, gimbal (auto), rc and it is definetly worse than before, now you can clearly see that it goes little sideways (see last log I posted).
2021-11-27
Use props
DJI Paladin
Administrator
Flight distance : 318 ft

PeterKiss Posted at 11-27 06:11
No, it did not experienced hard landing or crash. No errors on screen. I did not flight for cca three months, last week I updated to newest app and firmware. when I went flying I noticed that it is going slightly left during forward movement. Changed propellers, calibrated compass, imu, gimbal (auto), rc and it is definetly worse than before, now you can clearly see that it goes little sideways (see last log I posted).

Thank you for keeping us posted and we're sorry for the unpleasant experience. In this kind of situation, I'm afraid that you may consider sending the unit in for a proper diagnosis. You can contact our support team to start up a ticket at https://www.dji.com/support. Also, the warranty can be applied depending on the outcome of the damage assessment including the warranty period of your unit. Thank you for your understanding and support.
2021-11-28
Use props
JJB*
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
Netherlands

PeterKiss Posted at 11-27 03:26
Better log, longer distance, normal mode, full forward:

flightlog

Hi,

Had a look at this log.

Data in the log shows that your drone is moving excactly in the drone heading.
See the chart. in the fourth chart (1 = top) see the heading and moving line.
With RC forward input both line are the same.
In the second chart, read the drone heading and move headings.

If you power on your drone; is you camera precisely facing forward ?

So data is not showing what you see....
cheers
JJB
analysis1.png
analysis2.png
2021-11-28
Use props
PeterKiss
lvl.4
Slovakia

Hi,

thank you for looking onto data.

What I see, is this - camera is aligned with tiles, the drone is not, when I move forward, it moves in drone direction. So thats right with the data as you said. But how to correct the gimbal then? I am gonna made a perfectly leveled surface and try to recalibrate everything one more time.

2021-11-28
Use props
JJB*
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
Netherlands

PeterKiss Posted at 11-28 07:33
Hi,

thank you for looking onto data.

Hi,

My pleasure to help.

Just found this about calibration of a gimnal

How To Calibrate Mavic Mini Gimbal
Here are the instructions to calibrate the Mavic Mini gimbal camera;

Place the Mavic Mini on a  flat surface.
Turn on the Mavic Mini and remote controller with your smartphone in it.
Tap on the 3 dots in the top right corner of the DJI Fly App.
Tap on “Control”.
Scroll down and tap on “Gimbal Calibration”.
Tap on “Auto”.
The Mavic Mini calibration to recenter and align the gimbal will proceed.

cheers
JJB
2021-11-28
Use props
PeterKiss
lvl.4
Slovakia

JJB* Posted at 11-28 08:36
Hi,

My pleasure to help.

Hi

Thank you very much, auto gimbal calibration on perfectly leveled surface helped a lot!

Can not tell if its perfetly straight right now, because of wind, but it looks like it is fixed. Will do a longer flights in next days, and reply with results.

Best Regards,
Peter
2021-11-29
Use props
JJB*
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
Netherlands

PeterKiss Posted at 11-29 05:16
Hi

Thank you very much, auto gimbal calibration on perfectly leveled surface helped a lot!

Hi Peter,

Many happy landings!

cheers
JJB
2021-11-29
Use props
Sean-bumble-bee
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 15997 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

in addition to the auto calibration, if you tap "manual " rather than "auto" you can make manual adjustments, certainly to roll ( I found it last night)  an possibly yaw.
2021-11-29
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules