2760 25 2021-11-27
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Gurudutt Dhuri
lvl.1
Flight distance : 62749 ft
India

Hello All,
I updated my Samsung S21Ultra with Android 12 and DJI Fly stopped receiving a live feed

Everything seems to be working fine except live video it's also recording the video but I am not able to see it on screen

I am able to see a live feed on my Apple 11 pro max that means their is no issue with my Mini 2

Is there any way to solve this problem ??

2021-11-27
Use props
Corsairoz
lvl.4
Flight distance : 779049 ft
United Kingdom

It's a well know issue, just search this forum. A fix for Android 12 will appear at sometime...
2021-11-27
Use props
Gurudutt Dhuri
lvl.1
India

Corsairoz Posted at 11-27 07:29
It's a well know issue, just search this forum. A fix for Android 12 will appear at sometime...

When thru many forums but found no solution

Thanks for Reply,

2021-11-27
Use props
JohnDG
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1097270 ft
Malaysia

Gurudutt Dhuri Posted at 11-27 19:35
When thru many forums but found no solution

Thanks for Reply,

what he meant is you will find many threads of people having the same problem, not the solution.

At the moment Fly doesn't support ANDROID 12.

You have to wait and check the dji website from time to time to look for new versions of fly.

My phone is scheduled for android 12 upgrade by january, probably end of january. So 2 months before mine goes down too.
2021-11-27
Use props
djiuser_H8nXWh1oL4LL
New
Flight distance : 8186 ft

Malawi

Same here balck screen
2021-11-28
Use props
djiuser_rUMnVfAX0Z9F
lvl.1
Flight distance : 4019 ft
United States

My Pixel 3XL with Andriod 12 with the latest fly app works the way it should. I think there is more to it than Andriod 12. I think Andriod 12 on the Pixel 6 is the new Tensor chip not playing with the fly app and on the Samsung phones, it is UI 4.0 that is causing the problems.

Just my .02

Again my Pixel 3XL on Andriod 12 is working great
2021-11-28
Use props
lacibaci
Second Officer
Flight distance : 235682 ft
United States

Same here. Pixel 5 and Android 12 working fine.
2021-11-28
Use props
djiuser_LKhQ0KjkUE4g
lvl.1
Flight distance : 5692 ft

Germany

Using Mini 2 and a S21+, since the update to Android 12 it won't even start the app. So frustrating
2021-11-29
Use props
red_canyon16
Second Officer
Flight distance : 23325935 ft
United States

djiuser_LKhQ0KjkUE4g Posted at 11-29 10:52
Using Mini 2 and a S21+, since the update to Android 12 it won't even start the app. So frustrating

Have you tried updating the app to 1.5.1 (2005)?
2021-11-29
Use props
Denndb
lvl.4
Flight distance : 914688 ft
Croatia

Hello,

Same here... S21 updated to android 12 and DJI Fly shows no live feed anymore. Hopefully it will be fixed soon, until then no flying is possible
2021-11-29
Use props
OSMOPETE
lvl.2
Flight distance : 35118 ft
  • >>>
Australia

Seriously when is this all going to be fixed?
I'm on a Pixel 6 Pro and own a bunch of DJI gear from 6 X OSMO cameras and gimbals plus a Mavic Air. How is it that a major manufacturer sells gear and then neglects their user base. How the hell am I supposed to use all this equipment if I can't monitor what they record
2021-11-29
Use props
mrderrick
lvl.2
Flight distance : 124859 ft
Australia

Happy to report that the latest 1.5.1 (2025-official) version is now working with A12 on my S21U exynos. Haven't flown however the live feed is now showing and tried taking video and photo and appears to be working now (auto white balance values still an issue though!).

The DJI Fly app doesn't report a new version, you need to download it from the DJI site.
2021-11-30
Use props
MCenteno
lvl.2
Portugal

I have bought my mini 2 a few days ago. I have a Samsung S21 Ultra 5G.

First try at home worked fine, after update itself i started to get black screeen on live feed (only, because i still could record and take photos without knowing where i was shooting, but it worked fine) and the app after first use, start to crash. To use it i have do delete and install again.
Read along this forum to update the app by downloading the last app available, so i did it.
Live feed come back to work but still have the app crash everytime after first use.

I have contated chat support today and they know about this issue with Samsung S21.
At least, i can see where i'm going right now... Waiting for a full resolution of it!
2021-11-30
Use props
djiuser_LKhQ0KjkUE4g
lvl.1
Flight distance : 5692 ft

Germany

Using the mini2 and a S21+, since the update to Android12 it won't even start the app. So frustrating
2021-12-1
Use props
MCenteno
lvl.2
Portugal

djiuser_LKhQ0KjkUE4g Posted at 12-1 20:51
Using the mini2 and a S21+, since the update to Android12 it won't even start the app. So frustrating

Uninstall the app, download the new one from site and install it.

My work but only 1 time after the first use, when i close it, later when o try to open it just crash.
Have to reinstall again to use one more time...
2021-12-2
Use props
Popeye1
lvl.3
Flight distance : 511722 ft

United Kingdom

MCenteno Posted at 12-2 02:06
Uninstall the app, download the new one from site and install it.

My work but only 1 time after the first use, when i close it, later when o try to open it just crash.

Make sure you remove all traces of the install files folders. Then reinstall the app.
2021-12-2
Use props
djiuser_dHhojjNDnA7k
lvl.1

Portugal

Popeye1 Posted at 12-2 04:33
Make sure you remove all traces of the install files folders. Then reinstall the app.

Ola.
Qual o passo a passo para fazer isso?
Cumprimentos.
2021-12-5
Use props
MCenteno
lvl.2
Portugal

djiuser_dHhojjNDnA7k Posted at 12-5 01:47
Ola.
Qual o passo a passo para fazer isso?
Cumprimentos.

I think he is talking about DJI folder but.... that's how far i can go...

On your device folder, you will find a folder named DJI, if is there more things i can't find it but my crash problem still remains with that steps...
2021-12-5
Use props
djiuser_dHhojjNDnA7k
lvl.1

Portugal

MCenteno Posted at 12-5 05:53
I think he is talking about DJI folder but.... that's how far i can go...

On your device folder, you will find a folder named DJI, if is there more things i can't find it but my crash problem still remains with that steps...

Ok.
Temos que aguardar a atualização da DJI mesmo.
2021-12-5
Use props
djiuser_Q02KkJVnIUZu
New

Kuwait

Same issue here
2021-12-5
Use props
Gurudutt Dhuri
lvl.1
India

Problem solved with New update 1.5.1(2025)

Recommend to first Uninstall the older app than install the new 1.5.1(2025)

Updating the older app may face some problems
2021-12-9
Use props
djiuser_dHhojjNDnA7k
lvl.1

Portugal

Saiu a nova versão 1.5.4
Mas infelizmente o problema continua.  
Só abre o app a primeira vez.
2021-12-12
Use props
MCenteno
lvl.2
Portugal

Hi.
Just to update my response in this thread, chek out mine it may help someone:

https://forum.dji.com/forum.php? ... D556%26typeid%3D556
2021-12-28
Use props
Jason Gurifisu
New

United States

Just updated to Android 12 and now NONE of the DJI apps work!  I haven't had any issues with apps before on my Samsung S20 and now not only does DJI FLY (what I have used just yesterday) but also DJI Pilot, DJI Go 4, and even non-drone related DJI Mimo!  All instantly crash!  and reading the thread above that DJI has a "technical issue" with Google Play and install from their servers is completely unacceptable due to cyber/side loading implications- this is not OK.  

My next drone decision (was thinking to get a Air 2S very soon) is now very much "up in the air".  DJI- Please resolve this! else I can find a better drone OEM that supports their user base.
2022-1-11
Use props
Bashy
Captain
Flight distance : 2354357 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Jason Gurifisu Posted at 1-11 15:15
Just updated to Android 12 and now NONE of the DJI apps work!  I haven't had any issues with apps before on my Samsung S20 and now not only does DJI FLY (what I have used just yesterday) but also DJI Pilot, DJI Go 4, and even non-drone related DJI Mimo!  All instantly crash!  and reading the thread above that DJI has a "technical issue" with Google Play and install from their servers is completely unacceptable due to cyber/side loading implications- this is not OK.  

My next drone decision (was thinking to get a Air 2S very soon) is now very much "up in the air".  DJI- Please resolve this! else I can find a better drone OEM that supports their user base.

There are no issues downloading the app from the DJI website and then you can update in the app, unless you can do the latter already, obviously, DJI and Google have issues with each other, that shouldn't make your choice of buying from an inferior manufacturer for your next drone, that's cutting ya nose off to spite ya face, makes no sense....
2022-1-11
Use props
JohnDG
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1097270 ft
Malaysia

Jason Gurifisu Posted at 1-11 15:15
Just updated to Android 12 and now NONE of the DJI apps work!  I haven't had any issues with apps before on my Samsung S20 and now not only does DJI FLY (what I have used just yesterday) but also DJI Pilot, DJI Go 4, and even non-drone related DJI Mimo!  All instantly crash!  and reading the thread above that DJI has a "technical issue" with Google Play and install from their servers is completely unacceptable due to cyber/side loading implications- this is not OK.  

download and install the latest version from the DJI.COM website
https://www.dji.com/downloads?site=brandsite&from=nav

I am using a S20 fe 5G with Android 12 without problems with latest version Fly or Go4. Don't know about Pilot or Mimo apps.
2022-1-11
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules