459 18 2021-11-27
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
GeorgeFoxCinematography
lvl.4
Flight distance : 17232310 ft
  • >>>
Cyprus

Because fly app is not compatible with Android 12. Are you serious? I payed so much money to have a paper weight. And i imagine that all other Android 12 have issues! Fix it asap!!!

2021-11-27
Use props
Nicodema
lvl.4
Flight distance : 90259 ft
United Kingdom

That is crazy! Make sure you open a support ticket as well. Sometimes things get picked up here, but it's very hit and miss. Best of luck George.
2021-11-27
Use props
DarthSLR
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1846716 ft
  • >>>
United States

Ouch, that hurts! Truly sorry. You would expect they cater for the most recent OS, but considering the entire production was super rushed, I guess they have decided to cut that corent, too. Just return it, and wait for the post-January version.
2021-11-27
Use props
Sean-bumble-bee
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 15997 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Why do you buy a VERY expensive drone and not check out the FREE (no cost) app before hand?
If you have been around drones for a while you surely have seen that the Fly app is 'fussy 'over what phones it will run on etc. etc.

If you are new to drones then what the heck are you doing buying an M3 as your leaner.

It seems like a basic precursor to me to check out the app before you buy the drone.
I knew I needed a newer phone before I bought my Mavic Mini and the MM's a fifth or less of the price of the M3. In fact from memory I had the 'new' phone before the drone arrived.

2021-11-27
Use props
GeorgeFoxCinematography
lvl.4
  • >>>
Cyprus

Sean-bumble-bee Posted at 11-27 07:43
Why do you buy a VERY expensive drone and not check out the FREE (no cost) app before hand?
If you have been around drones for a while you surely have seen that the Fly app has is 'fussy 'over what phones it will run on etc. etc.

I am not even going to bother answer to your question. If you think that this is an excuse for dji then it s fine by me.
2021-11-27
Use props
GeorgeFoxCinematography
lvl.4
  • >>>
Cyprus

Nicodema Posted at 11-27 07:40
That is crazy! Make sure you open a support ticket as well. Sometimes things get picked up here, but it's very hit and miss. Best of luck George.

Will do ,thanks!
2021-11-27
Use props
GeorgeFoxCinematography
lvl.4
  • >>>
Cyprus

DarthSLR Posted at 11-27 07:41
Ouch, that hurts! Truly sorry. You would expect they cater for the most recent OS, but considering the entire production was super rushed, I guess they have decided to cut that corent, too. Just return it, and wait for the post-January version.

This is propably what i am going to do.
2021-11-27
Use props
Nicodema
lvl.4
United Kingdom

If you pop over the the /App/DJI Fly forum, there was a recent thread about Android 12 issues. It might be worth sifting through that too. Not sure if it'll help, but the lady who started it did seem to get somewhere. I'm on iOS and don't have a Mavic 3 yet, so I'm just a spectator I'm afraid.
2021-11-27
Use props
Mobilehomer
Second Officer
Flight distance : 18135846 ft
United States

George, have you updated Fly to the 2005 version? It just came out and seemed to clean up a lot of issues. Just a thought.
2021-11-27
Use props
Kyniek
lvl.1
Flight distance : 849403 ft
Poland

Well, bit different issue but also connected to topic - If I enter to google play store, type dji fly and it cannot find - does it mean that DJI Fly App is not compatible also with my version (11)?

Screenshot_20211127-194754_small.png

Screenshot_20211127-194822_small.png
2021-11-27
Use props
Mobilehomer
Second Officer
Flight distance : 18135846 ft
United States

Kyniek Posted at 11-27 11:00
Well, bit different issue but also connected to topic - If I enter to google play store, type dji fly and it cannot find - does it mean that DJI Fly App is not compatible also with my version (11)?

[view_image]

It is not available from Google Play. Download directly from DJI and allow it to install.

https://www.dji.com/downloads/djiapp/dji-fly
2021-11-27
Use props
Kyniek
lvl.1
Flight distance : 849403 ft
Poland

Mobilehomer Posted at 11-27 11:09
It is not available from Google Play. Download directly from DJI and allow it to install.

https://www.dji.com/downloads/djiapp/dji-fly

Thanks! I was checking if I can install , and very surprised when I couldn't find it in the store ;p Something changed. But.... on iphone I'm able to find it in app store ;p I've checked it!

That's why on tutorials they are talking about QR code not about play store/app store...
2021-11-27
Use props
wittmann
lvl.4
Flight distance : 667408 ft
Australia

fly app installed fine and works with my m3 - Pixel 3XL, Android 12.  Go figure.
2021-11-27
Use props
Bigplumbs
Second Officer
Flight distance : 620164 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

DJI products are always best flown on IOS one day people will wake up to this fact. Get and old IPhone from eBay and keep it in the bag as a bespoke screen for your drone
2021-11-27
Use props
christangey
lvl.4
  • >>>
Australia

GeorgeFoxCinematography Posted at 11-27 07:49
I am not even going to bother answer to your question. If you think that this is an excuse for dji then it s fine by me.

Yes I wouldn't answer either, as if most of us even wanted to use the amateur fly app anyway on an M3!
2021-11-27
Use props
GeorgeFoxCinematography
lvl.4
  • >>>
Cyprus

Hi all and thanks for your input and advice. M3 will go back to the store(i already arranged it), and i will re-buy it after the firmware update. I cannot accept the slightest issue on a 3 grand drone.

Thanks again
2021-11-28
Use props
Nicodema
lvl.4
United Kingdom

Fair enough. I think no support for your phone even qualifies as more than "the slightest issue"
Hopefully they'll sort their shiz out soon and you can get back on it.
2021-11-28
Use props
DowntownRDB
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 1722 ft
  • >>>
United States

GeorgeFoxCinematography Posted at 11-28 05:16
Hi all and thanks for your input and advice. M3 will go back to the store(i already arranged it), and i will re-buy it after the firmware update. I cannot accept the slightest issue on a 3 grand drone.

Thanks again

Best option at this time.    I have a compatible mobile device but I'm still waiting to buy M3 until I see how firmware updates in January 2022 work out.  
2021-11-28
Use props
erikjsschneider
lvl.3
Flight distance : 22513 ft
  • >>>
United States

One of the many reasons I kept my Pixel 4 XL. Just in case there are issues with my iPhone 13 Pro Max, I have an alternate backup phone/OS.
2021-11-28
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules