Horizon Tilt- Where do I go from here DJI?
831 14 2021-11-27
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Cloudwalker
lvl.4
  • >>>
United States

Still having some videos showing horizon tilt. Not all but some. No wind, slow flying. Did IMU and compass calibration as well as firmware refresh on both the Mavic 3 and RC. Also gimbal calibration several times. Issue still there. Where do I go from here DJI? I need this addressed through firmware or fixed one way or the other.

2021-11-27
Use props
Mobilehomer
First Officer
Flight distance : 18135846 ft
United States

That appears to be wind. It happened when you turned right. You might not have any at ground level, but in the air it can quickly get to 30 mph and above. Next time, watch your attitude indicator. This will tell you for sure.
2021-11-27
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
Flight distance : 9827923 ft
  • >>>
Ireland

its very slight, with that FW or calibration should fix.
2021-11-27
Use props
Cloudwalker
lvl.4
  • >>>
United States

Mobilehomer Posted at 11-27 13:52
That appears to be wind. It happened when you turned right. You might not have any at ground level, but in the air it can quickly get to 30 mph and above. Next time, watch your attitude indicator. This will tell you for sure.

Very light winds if any. I checked wind level all the way to 500 feet. At 200 feet it was 10mph. Oh and attitude indicator was steady with no movement unless I moved the stick up or down of course. Hovering no movement at all. Very steady.
2021-11-27
Use props
Cloudwalker
lvl.4
  • >>>
United States

I appreciate all opinions and thoughts. Am I being too critical about the tilt in this footage? Most my flights do not show any tilt. A few do. But if this is something I should address through DJI I want to get started on the process.
2021-11-27
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
Flight distance : 9827923 ft
  • >>>
Ireland

Cloudwalker Posted at 11-27 14:32
I appreciate all opinions and thoughts. Am I being too critical about the tilt in this footage? Most my flights do not show any tilt. A few do. But if this is something I should address through DJI I want to get started on the process.

Tilted horizon is extremely important and you’re quit just in taking this matter up. You should get the opinion of dji support , but it’s definitely not something you should have to put up with.
2021-11-27
Use props
The Saint
First Officer
Flight distance : 5902228 ft
  • >>>
United States

Cloudwalker Posted at 11-27 14:32
I appreciate all opinions and thoughts. Am I being too critical about the tilt in this footage? Most my flights do not show any tilt. A few do. But if this is something I should address through DJI I want to get started on the process.

most people will tell you no big deal or fix it in post.  to me, that looks horrible and it is is so apparent and noticeable and if i could do something about it (repair, refund, exchange, sw update, etc) then i would try to get ahead of it in case it gets worse.  if this were a mm than perhaps but the m3 shouldn't be doing this, no?  have others complained?
2021-11-27
Use props
Satori
lvl.2
Flight distance : 354882 ft
  • >>>
Australia

I had similar issues, Mavic 3 was drifting left / right when pushing forward on the stick, the horizon was randomly off, and in one situation lost control and the drone was not following stick input. you can see my thread HERE Solution was a replacement
2021-11-27
Use props
Cloudwalker
lvl.4
  • >>>
United States

The Saint Posted at 11-27 16:04
most people will tell you no big deal or fix it in post.  to me, that looks horrible and it is is so apparent and noticeable and if i could do something about it (repair, refund, exchange, sw update, etc) then i would try to get ahead of it in case it gets worse.  if this were a mm than perhaps but the m3 shouldn't be doing this, no?  have others complained?

I have heard of a few having the issue. Many not.
2021-11-27
Use props
Cloudwalker
lvl.4
  • >>>
United States

Satori Posted at 11-27 16:10
I had similar issues, Mavic 3 was drifting left / right when pushing forward on the stick, the horizon was randomly off, and in one situation lost control and the drone was not following stick input. you can see my thread HERE Solution was a replacement

I have already written DJI Support. Waiting to hear what they say. I also had one case, but only one, of the down stick not responding. I waited 20 seconds and tried again and it worked fine. I know many others are not having the horizon level problem but I seem to be. Not on every flight but enough to warrant a repair or replacement. I should not have any issues like that. I fly safe, do not fly in high winds and obey all the rules. I mean I have 2200 bucks up there in the air so I am careful. I just want a 100 percent working Mavic 3. Not a slanted horizon. Hopefully they will get back to me soon and make this DJI customer happy.
2021-11-27
Use props
GaryDoug
First Officer
Flight distance : 1264639 ft
  • >>>
United States

Bad and embarrassing for DJI. Come on guys. This is not ISO 9000 quality work.
2021-11-27
Use props
DJI Natalia
Administrator

Cloudwalker Posted at 11-27 17:14
I have already written DJI Support. Waiting to hear what they say. I also had one case, but only one, of the down stick not responding. I waited 20 seconds and tried again and it worked fine. I know many others are not having the horizon level problem but I seem to be. Not on every flight but enough to warrant a repair or replacement. I should not have any issues like that. I fly safe, do not fly in high winds and obey all the rules. I mean I have 2200 bucks up there in the air so I am careful. I just want a 100 percent working Mavic 3. Not a slanted horizon. Hopefully they will get back to me soon and make this DJI customer happy.

Hi Cloudwalker, I'm deeply sorry to hear about the issue that you encountered. I've noticed that our support team has replied to your email and will keep following up on it. Please check it.
I'll also note down the situation to our corresponding team. If there is anything else I can assist you with, please feel free to let me know. Thanks.
2021-11-28
Use props
Cloudwalker
lvl.4
  • >>>
United States

DJI Natalia Posted at 11-28 01:13
Hi Cloudwalker, I'm deeply sorry to hear about the issue that you encountered. I've noticed that our support team has replied to your email and will keep following up on it. Please check it.
I'll also note down the situation to our corresponding team. If there is anything else I can assist you with, please feel free to let me know. Thanks.

Thanks. We’ll support had try some steps even though I tried them several times before. Still showing tilt and now has a new bug of drifting right to left with no input on the control sticks. So I have replied to support and now will see what they want to do next. Until then I’m grounding it. Hope it doesn’t take too long.
2021-11-29
Use props
DJI Natalia
Administrator

Cloudwalker Posted at 11-29 12:00
Thanks. We’ll support had try some steps even though I tried them several times before. Still showing tilt and now has a new bug of drifting right to left with no input on the control sticks. So I have replied to support and now will see what they want to do next. Until then I’m grounding it. Hope it doesn’t take too long.

You're welcome. Hope the issue will be sorted out soon.
2021-11-29
Use props
yogi053
Second Officer
Flight distance : 26104915 ft
United Kingdom

For 2200 bucks spent. You are not happy! Get it replaced!
2021-11-30
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules