Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
Autel EVO II is bad.
4219 20 2021-11-27
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
AntDX316
Second Officer
Flight distance : 3394731 ft
  • >>>
United States

Autel EVO II is bad.  Was flying it today w/ all the updates, after going to the 2nd battery, the only control I had was up and down.  Right stick on Mode 2 was unreponsive.  Luckily, RTH worked then right stick regained control.  We weren't far away and it was drifting.  This is unacceptable.  I told the one who owned the drone I trust DJI but I also would trust other manufacturers, now I trust DJI even more.  We used the Mavic Air 2 to do a facade in tight spots and it worked fine.  Autel did too but there seemed to be some lag.
2021-11-27
Use props
The Saint
Second Officer
Flight distance : 5902228 ft
  • >>>
United States

seriously?
2021-11-27
Use props
AntDX316
Second Officer
  • >>>
United States

I've been flying DJI for years and never had this problem.  If there is a no control problem it doesn't move.  This brand new Autel Evo II kept flying away from us no matter what I was doing, even turned OA off.  It was controllable over nearly 2 batteries.  He had flown it once prior as it's his.

I was "supposed" to be a visual observer only but then took over for 80%+ of the time with his drones.  Situations like that were mainly why I wanted to get out of the drone flying business especially in NYC.  DJI has never ever given me a scary issue like this.  Having that happenn dropped my confidence down again even though it wasn't DJI.
2021-11-27
Use props
DAFlys
Captain
Flight distance : 312090263 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Its a terrible colour too.
2021-11-28
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
Flight distance : 9827923 ft
  • >>>
Ireland

There has always been problems with Autel drones, but the real problem is they promise to fix them but never do.
2021-11-28
Use props
Montfrooij
Captain
Flight distance : 2560453 ft
  • >>>
Netherlands

There are quite some bad stories about it.
2021-11-28
Use props
AntDX316
Second Officer
  • >>>
United States

yeah, only use DJI for the sake of no issues
2021-11-28
Use props
Geo_Drone
lvl.4
Flight distance : 2676129 ft
  • >>>
Romania

Did you made a controller calibration?
What FW and AE do you use?
2021-11-29
Use props
AntDX316
Second Officer
  • >>>
United States

Geo_Drone Posted at 11-29 13:17
Did you made a controller calibration?
What FW and AE do you use?

I don't have the drone, it was his.  Latest FW. how does auto exposure matter?  I got 1 good battery out of it then we switched.  Before I used it it said 1 batt cycle.  It was drifting backwards because of the wind.  There was absolutely nothing I could do.  RTH was the last hope and it worked.
2021-11-29
Use props
TP-FPV
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1146821 ft
United States

You probably should be posting on an Autel Forum. Why would dji owners here give a???
2021-11-29
Use props
Geo_Drone
lvl.4
  • >>>
Romania

AntDX316 Posted at 11-29 13:23
I don't have the drone, it was his.  Latest FW. how does auto exposure matter?  I got 1 good battery out of it then we switched.  Before I used it it said 1 batt cycle.  It was drifting backwards because of the wind.  There was absolutely nothing I could do.  RTH was the last hope and it worked.

AE is Autel Explorer.
First learn the drone and capabilities, then fly.
Is valid for any drone... But a lot just take it and fly, ignoring to read at least the basics.
So... User error.
2021-12-1
Use props
AntDX316
Second Officer
  • >>>
United States

Geo_Drone Posted at 12-1 03:53
AE is Autel Explorer.
First learn the drone and capabilities, then fly.
Is valid for any drone... But a lot just take it and fly, ignoring to read at least the basics.

It was not user error at all.  He thought it was user error too so he tried flying it himself Days later and saw it drifting.  People have to see the hard way first before believing the right people.  It just has to always be that way.  It doesn't have to be that way when I'm in command over the controls.  People may not fully Always believe me but I'm usually always the one walking away as if I didn't even fly (ride, drive, operate, etc.) while the rest are picking up the pieces and trying to solve their lawsuits If they didn't die and/or wipe others out in the process, but if a better afterlife was made for all who have died then it was definitely good they had no idea as knowing and doing the best things can lead people down the wrong paths at an instant or have people lose their minds far into the future who are stable today as shown on the news many times.
2021-12-1
Use props
CGPhoto
lvl.4
Flight distance : 13046529 ft
  • >>>
United States

I keep an EVO 2 Pro with me at all times as a backup. It have at least 30 hours of flight time on it and it has always flown well without problems. I just keep the two batteries at 60% so I can always fly it in a pinch if my DJI equipment refuses to fly. I have run into situations where my DJI aircraft refuse to takeoff due to unlabeled hidden no fly zones. These have been in the middle of nowhere in class G airspace. When I go home and look on the DJI map, no restriction is show at that location.  Last time it happened, DJI created a custom unlock for that area but it will only be good for the one aircraft and only for a year. I used to carry a second DJI aircraft and a spare, now I only trust a non GEO fenced aircraft as my second.
2021-12-1
Use props
The Saint
Second Officer
Flight distance : 5902228 ft
  • >>>
United States

CGPhoto Posted at 12-1 10:39
I keep an EVO 2 Pro with me at all times as a backup. It have at least 30 hours of flight time on it and it has always flown well without problems. I just keep the two batteries at 60% so I can always fly it in a pinch if my DJI equipment refuses to fly. I have run into situations where my DJI aircraft refuse to takeoff due to unlabeled hidden no fly zones. These have been in the middle of nowhere in class G airspace. When I go home and look on the DJI map, no restriction is show at that location.  Last time it happened, DJI created a custom unlock for that area but it will only be good for the one aircraft and only for a year. I used to carry a second DJI aircraft and a spare, now I only trust a non GEO fenced aircraft as my second.

it's my primary and i guess i got a good one because it flies perfectly; nothing like the broken one that is being described here.  it's 10 times better than the mavic 2 and i love the way the m3 flyers are making m3 videos starting in november 2021 that look exactly like evo 2 pro have looked like for the past 2 years.  the bragging about low light and zoom and 5k is unbelievable.  you now see videos that say "shot by autel evo 3 pro"....i mean "shot on dji mavic 3."  look, we are flattered.  one thing for sure, you definitely got us beat on the price so no more bragging about how expensive your drone can be.  too bad all the m3 bugs.  there is no autel drone on the planet today with as many issues at the m3; flying sideways is the least of the problems.  lol, even my evo 2 pro doesn't have the dreaded tilted horizon.
2021-12-1
Use props
Geo_Drone
lvl.4
  • >>>
Romania

AntDX316 Posted at 12-1 09:58
It was not user error at all.  He thought it was user error too so he tried flying it himself Days later and saw it drifting.  People have to see the hard way first before believing the right people.  It just has to always be that way.  It doesn't have to be that way when I'm in command over the controls.  People may not fully Always believe me but I'm usually always the one walking away as if I didn't even fly (ride, drive, operate, etc.) while the rest are picking up the pieces and trying to solve their lawsuits If they didn't die and/or wipe others out in the process, but if a better afterlife was made for all who have died then it was definitely good they had no idea as knowing and doing the best things can lead people down the wrong paths at an instant or have people lose their minds far into the future who are stable today as shown on the news many times.

Compass calibration... And you have no drift.
Until 06.2021 was many issues with Explorer app... I run in last Beta and still have some, but not related to my work flow.
So... Your friend should check the manual and the proper order to make the calibrations...
With Precision flight you have better control than any low speed version of Fly, no matter that is called Tripod, Cine... Is giving you control to set max speed up to 11km/h...i use 3 km/h sometimes...
Autel is the base for comparing the freedom of choices....from how to fly and ending with what profiles and settings in video you want... Combining profiles and settings...
But also is like driving a plane... A lot of settings and details to be known...ome mistake and that's it...
I have always preferred DJI for easy projects because I am lazy sometimes... But complex projects cannot be made with DJI consumer drones, only by Inspire and P4Pro2... And this is the category targeted by Evo2 Pro as is small but very versatile.
2021-12-2
Use props
mastix
lvl.3
Flight distance : 6659610 ft
  • >>>
Spain

Autel drones are terrible. Do not walk, run away from them. This company has no support. After piloting DJI drones for years my Nano Evo plus fell from the sky with no warning on a full battery the second week of flying. Support does not warrant the problem. Since three months the drone is in a german repair facility. I tell you if you don't want to have headaches stay far far away from Autel. This might be the worst company I have dealt with in the last years. Terrible choice I made. Lesson learned I stay with DJI
2022-10-24
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
Flight distance : 9827923 ft
  • >>>
Ireland

mastix Posted at 10-24 22:23
Autel drones are terrible. Do not walk, run away from them. This company has no support. After piloting DJI drones for years my Nano Evo plus fell from the sky with no warning on a full battery the second week of flying. Support does not warrant the problem. Since three months the drone is in a german repair facility. I tell you if you don't want to have headaches stay far far away from Autel. This might be the worst company I have dealt with in the last years. Terrible choice I made. Lesson learned I stay with DJI

Absolutely agree with you there and the plastic look from the footage particularly in their new drones is shocking.
2022-10-25
Use props
TonyPHX
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 11229610 ft
  • >>>
United States

DJI owns the marketplace for so many good reasons.  
2022-10-25
Use props
Lucas626
Second Officer
Flight distance : 50642090 ft
  • >>>
United States

Thanks for the heads up, I was considering giving Autel a chance.
2022-10-26
Use props
AntDX316
Second Officer
  • >>>
United States

Lucas626 Posted at 10-26 17:49
Thanks for the heads up, I was considering giving Autel a chance.

The one I was with still thinks deep down that it was operator error. I know for 100% sure it was not. There is nothing you can do if you cannot prove with video, your claim to be true. The worst is when people think you don't know what you are doing. One video all the time ready to go just incase can be a life saver. Who knows how many people got blamed for something that went wrong that wasn't their fault and still being screwed because of it.

It's interesting how newer tech that most likely were workarounds to sanctions made their stuff perform worse. This is dangerous for society when things don't work such as drones. The Mavic 2 and Phantom 4 Pro V2 never really gave me Any issues because they were made during the years of no work-around sanctions most like. Seeing Huawei new of it dropping 81.6% on YoY Smartphone Shipments in 2021 was interesting. China being locked to 14nm chips and other Taiwanese products not being able to be shipped to China at all is kind of crazy. NVIDIA too cannot ship to China. I mean, they can definitely try to do work arounds but with the news of 60% Chinese chip failure rate and their entire economy being built off tech.. they might as well practice to be like Mexico but if they are angry and want to take the chance, feeling wronged they've helped develop the world and got kicked off too like Russia once self-sustaining happened with infinite money pumping, solar, and Supercompute AI, no doubt they are going to move on Taiwan soon. They can't wait forever nor can Russia from at least a strategic economic point of view.

2022-10-27
Use props
Drey. I
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1757375 ft
  • >>>
United States

AntDX316 Posted at 2021-11-27 16:44
I've been flying DJI for years and never had this problem.  If there is a no control problem it doesn't move.  This brand new Autel Evo II kept flying away from us no matter what I was doing, even turned OA off.  It was controllable over nearly 2 batteries.  He had flown it once prior as it's his.

I was "supposed" to be a visual observer only but then took over for 80%+ of the time with his drones.  Situations like that were mainly why I wanted to get out of the drone flying business especially in NYC.  DJI has never ever given me a scary issue like this.  Having that happenn dropped my confidence down again even though it wasn't DJI.

I had one problem. It happened with the spark...
2022-11-2
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules