Faulty air 2s replacements, 7 and counting!!!!
421 6 2021-11-27
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Islandvisions
lvl.1
Flight distance : 19213 ft
  • >>>
United States

So, I will get straight to the point!

I have had a nightmare with my air 2s purchases, with problem after problem.

I purchased my first one from the online Currys store in the UK back in September. It arrived damaged with the two clips that hold the battery in place completely cracked, so I sent it back for a replacement.

The second one arrived about 12 days later, all looked good, so I took it out for a few flights, but my third flight in it kept losing contact with the controller, over and over again and the return home would keep kicking in because of this, even when it was just a few steps in front of me! So I sent it back for a replacement.

The third one arrived after a week or two and I took it out for a test flight. It flew well, no signal issues, but after checking out the photos and video I took with it on my computer, I saw that the entire right third of the image/video was completely out of focus with severe chromatic aberration, and the images were completely unusable, so I sent it back for a replacement.

The fourth one arrived after the usual time frame and I tested it out. Everything seemed good and the image edges looked pretty good, apart from a patch near the top right centre where approximately 25% of the image on each photo was horribly out of focus, almost like there was a water drop on the lens. I made sure the les was clean and did some more tests, but there it was again, and of course this made the images unusable, so I sent it back for a replacement.

The fifth arrived after the usual wait and I went through the usual setup, but I noticed that as soon as I turned it on there was a horrible noise coming from the internal fan motor, line a loud grinding buzzing whirring sound and it sounded absolutely terrible!!! So I sent it back and asked for a replacement.

The sixth one arrived and by this point I was almost done with this model. I tested it out, motor was fine, images looked fine on my phone until I got them back on my PC and once again there was a blurred patch! A few images I could get away with or if I viewed them small, but as soon as I zoomed in or tried to print one, you could see it very clearly indeed, so I returned it and got a full refund.

I then went to the main store and decided to try and purchase one there, in the hope that maybe it would come from a different warehouse.

My seventh one arrived at the store today, I just got it set up, started the props and it sounds like one of them has something stuck inside the bearing case. Its making a horrible grinding noise, so tomorrow I will be returning it!

What am I supposed to do here? Do I keep returning them in the hope I finally get one that works? Or should I just give up?

I'm so frustrated!!!!

Cropped

Cropped

Replacement number 5

Replacement number 5
2021-11-27
Use props
DJI Natalia
Administrator

Hi Islandvisions, I'm deeply sorry to hear about your frustration. I fully understand how you are feeling, for the drone you currently have, you mentioned that "started the props and it sounds like one of them has something stuck inside the bearing case. Its making a horrible grinding noise", could you record a video to show us the details of the problem? I'd like to help you check it. Thanks.
2021-11-27
Use props
DowntownRDB
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 1722 ft
  • >>>
United States

What a string of bad luck.  I bought a used Air 2S and it works just fine.  I hope you are able to get a working Air 2S soon as it is a beast of a drone.  
2021-11-28
Use props
sduck
lvl.4
Flight distance : 4315098 ft
United States

What was that definition of insanity again?
2021-11-28
Use props
Islandvisions
lvl.1
  • >>>
United States

sduck Posted at 11-28 20:14
What was that definition of insanity again?

Its like one of those fever dreams where you are stuck in some kind of loop and cant break out of it!
2021-11-29
Use props
Islandvisions
lvl.1
  • >>>
United States

DJI Natalia Posted at 11-27 19:33
Hi Islandvisions, I'm deeply sorry to hear about your frustration. I fully understand how you are feeling, for the drone you currently have, you mentioned that "started the props and it sounds like one of them has something stuck inside the bearing case. Its making a horrible grinding noise", could you record a video to show us the details of the problem? I'd like to help you check it. Thanks.

Already returned to the store, even the guy in the store thought one of the motors sounded like when a kid wedges a bit of card against the wheel of their bike to make it "whiiiir".
So there was nothing you could have done to help from your end im afraid, but thanks anyway.
2021-11-29
Use props
DJI Natalia
Administrator

Islandvisions Posted at 11-29 02:21
Already returned to the store, even the guy in the store thought one of the motors sounded like when a kid wedges a bit of card against the wheel of their bike to make it "whiiiir".
So there was nothing you could have done to help from your end im afraid, but thanks anyway.

Got it. Thank you for your update and sorry again for all the inconvenience caused. If there is anything else I can assist you with, please feel free to let me know.
2021-11-29
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules