DJI Assistant Files
732 4 2021-11-27
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Wgander
lvl.2
Flight distance : 1195853 ft
United States

I connected to DJI Assistant 2 for Mavic and downloaded the Files from my Mavic Air 2 but can't read them. It's a DAT File. How can I view them? (Using Win11)
2021-11-27
Use props
DowntownRDB
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 1722 ft
  • >>>
United States

The DAT files are encrypted.  Unless you have the decryption key you will not be able to view those files.
2021-11-28
Use props
Wgander
lvl.2
Flight distance : 1195853 ft
United States

DowntownRDB Posted at 11-28 07:17
The DAT files are encrypted.  Unless you have the decryption key you will not be able to view those files.

So what's the purpose of those files?
2021-11-28
Use props
DowntownRDB
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 1722 ft
  • >>>
United States

Wgander Posted at 11-28 18:13

Supposedly DJI uses the data in them for accident assessment and other internal corporate uses.   
2021-11-29
Use props
Fly_Hazr_Air
lvl.4
Flight distance : 56588 ft
United States

Wgander Posted at 11-28 18:13

Hi Wgander,

If you are a conspiracy kind of person the United States Department of Justice believes those files are covert collection of data for cyber attacks!  See the article DOJ bans DJI, or just do a search on the subject.  US Govt is playing it pretty tight with DJI and even added them to the entity list which bans them from importing certian technology items from the US.  That might be why it takes a month to get a DJI product once you order it in the US.  
There have been 2 DJI drone products cleared by the US for Govt operations, Pentagon Clears DJI Drones.  Maybe once they keep testing they will clear more DJI drones as well.  At least the US is not threatened enough to block the sale of DJI in the USA just yet.

Cheers,
Hazr  
2021-11-29
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules