North Bay California Flight Areas
378 2 2021-11-27
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
TLOverland
lvl.1
Flight distance : 1355 ft
United States

Brand new to the drone scene. I just got a Mavic Mini for Christmas from my wife and I was doing a bunch of research to where I can fly my drone without having to zip around the neighborhood streets. I live in the Santa Rosa area and so far every search, webpage, and call has led me to the conclusion that the entire bloody county is against flying drones anywhere else. All state parks, regional parks, and city parks seem to have the anti-drone mentality. Is there anyone that lives in the area and knows of a good place to fly and just cruise around? I feel like it would be such a waste if I have to travel some great distance just to use it. Thanks for the assistance!

2021-11-27
Use props
DJI Stephen
DJI team

Hello there TLOverland. Thank you for reaching out and for these information you have shared with us. I will post a link where in you can check some places and locations to see if it is free to fly your DJI Mavic Mini or if the said location is a no fly zone. Thank you.

https://www.dji.com/flysafe/geo-map
2021-11-28
Use props
TLOverland
lvl.1
Flight distance : 1355 ft
United States

DJI Stephen Posted at 11-28 20:59
Hello there TLOverland. Thank you for reaching out and for these information you have shared with us. I will post a link where in you can check some places and locations to see if it is free to fly your DJI Mavic Mini or if the said location is a no fly zone. Thank you.

https://www.dji.com/flysafe/geo-map

Thank you for the reply DJI Stephen. I will use that map to make sure the airspace is good to go before flying. The issue I am having though is the airspace around my town isn't restricted but I have no way to legally take off from any of the parks or open spaces I have looked into due to local and county laws. So flying isn't really the issue, but rather taking off and landing. I am trying to see if there is a place nearby where I can do that without breaking local policies. I appreciate the comment!
2021-11-28
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules