Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
Samsung Galaxy S21 - black screen
657 8 2021-11-28
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Flire8
lvl.2
Flight distance : 2546572 ft
  • >>>
Czechia

I bought a new Mavic 3 and the recommended Samsung Galaxy S21 5G phone in the belief that it will work. Now I have the plane activated, but I'm just looking at the black screen. It is possible to take photos, I see telemetry, but i see no live image transmission. I tried the old Ipad Air (1st generation) and the live broadcast worked well. And now the main thing: when I disconnected the Ipad Air from the RC-1 driver and replaced it with my Samsung Galaxy S21 5G, live video transmission also worked !!! Unfortunately, only until I turn off the Mavic 3. When I replace the battery and turn on the Mavic 3, I have a black screen again and I have to reconnect the Ipad Air. My question is: do I have to carry an extra Ipad Air to fly? Or should I open a service ticket?
Phone Info - Samsung Galaxy S21 5G (not + or ultra), CPU Exynos 2100, Android 12

2021-11-28
Use props
DAFlys
Captain
Flight distance : 95125112 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

There have been a lot of problems with the S21 and Android 12,   at the moment the only option is wait for DJI to release an update or use another device.
2021-11-28
Use props
Flire8
lvl.2
  • >>>
Czechia

DAFlys Posted at 11-28 03:09
There have been a lot of problems with the S21 and Android 12,   at the moment the only option is wait for DJI to release an update or use another device.

Thank you for reply. Interestingly, when I connect another tablet and then S21 with Android 12, it works. Could someone please try it?
2021-11-28
Use props
DAFlys
Captain
Flight distance : 95125112 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Android 12 is not being recommened at this time by DJI,  there are hundreds of posts about it here.    Its not worth the risk of a disconnect during flight and then something bad happening.
2021-11-28
Use props
DowntownRDB
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 1722 ft
  • >>>
United States

Flire8 Posted at 11-28 03:12
Thank you for reply. Interestingly, when I connect another tablet and then S21 with Android 12, it works. Could someone please try it?

Tried it for you.  Used grandson's compatible iPhone and then connected my S21 (on Android 12).  I could not duplicate what you were able to do.  My S21 has a snapdragon processor.  If yours has a Exynos processor that could be a reason why it worked for you.

Anyway, DJI has stated they are working on optimizing the DJI Fly App for Android 12.   
2021-11-28
Use props
Flire8
lvl.2
  • >>>
Czechia

DowntownRDB Posted at 11-28 06:40
Tried it for you.  Used grandson's compatible iPhone and then connected my S21 (on Android 12).  I could not duplicate what you were able to do.  My S21 has a snapdragon processor.  If yours has a Exynos processor that could be a reason why it worked for you.

Anyway, DJI has stated they are working on optimizing the DJI Fly App for Android 12.

Thank you for trying it out. Hopefully DJI will release an update soon.
2021-11-28
Use props
DJI Stephen
DJI team

Hello there Flire8. I am sorry for the trouble this has caused and thank you for reaching out. The Android 12 beta version is being continuously updated. DJI is working on the compatibility with Android 12 and will continue to optimize in subsequent releases. As of the moment it is recommended that please use the said DJI drone with an Android 11. Thank you.
2021-11-28
Use props
DowntownRDB
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 1722 ft
  • >>>
United States

Flire8 Posted at 11-28 08:46
Thank you for trying it out. Hopefully DJI will release an update soon.

You're welcome.  

Really hope they get the update out soon.
2021-11-29
Use props
jerryway
lvl.4
Flight distance : 4031483 ft
United States

My phone is Samsung S21 Ultra, with Snapdragon CPU, and Android 12. I just tested a flight with Mavic 3, has zero problems in DJI Fly app. I can see the live video stream, can record video and take photos.

For those who experienced the live video streaming problem, I think it is related to Samsung's Exynos CPU, not Android 12.

2021-11-29
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules