Air 2S Bug??
332 6 2021-11-28
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
DAK13
lvl.2
Flight distance : 65400 ft
United States

New Air 2S owner. Upgraded from the Mini 2. Took my drone for its first flight yesterday. Was flying in my back yard in "Cine" mode getting a feel for the drone. Exhausted one battery. Replaced and took off for my second flight. Pushed up on the stick to raise altitude and the drone shot up like it was in "Sport" mode. Checked my controller and it was still in "Cine" mode as well as it was indicated on screen but the drone was not acting like it. Moved the mode switch back and forth and the drone went back in "Cine" mode. Thought maybe it was me and I did something but the same thing happened with the third battery. This was all with auto takeoff. Anyone?
2021-11-28
Use props
Mobilehomer
First Officer
Flight distance : 18135846 ft
United States

As a safety measure, when either the drone or controller are powered off it will revert to Normal mode. Just switch it back to the Normal position after powering down.
2021-11-28
Use props
Wavicle
lvl.3
United States

It seems strange that when you leave the manual mode switch in the same position but then power cycle the Air 2S (such as with a new battery) that you will have toggle the mode switch to another mode and then back for it to recognize that is the position the switch is at-- but that's how DJI implemented it.
2021-11-28
Use props
DAK13
lvl.2
United States

I appreciate the responses. Thought it was me doing something wrong!
2021-11-28
Use props
Sean-bumble-bee
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 15997 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Wavicle Posted at 11-28 07:35
......... ttery) that you will have toggle the mode switch to another mode and then back for it to recognize that is the position the switch is at-- but that's how DJI implemented it.

Strictly speaking that is incorrect.

If things start with the controller switch not set to the normal /N position you have to move the switch back to Normal and then to your chosen mode but the way things are arranged, with N being the centre switch position,  your description works too.
Is the same with the mavic mini, Mini 2 and, from memory, the Mavic 2 P/Z.

2021-11-28
Use props
DJI Stephen
DJI team

Hello there DAK13. I am sorry for the trouble this has caused and thank you for reaching out. Kindly please refer to the post above for reference. In addition way we please know what is the model of the mobile device that you are using please as well? Thank you.
2021-11-28
Use props
DAK13
lvl.2
United States

DJI Stephen Posted at 11-28 19:27
Hello there DAK13. I am sorry for the trouble this has caused and thank you for reaching out. Kindly please refer to the post above for reference. In addition way we please know what is the model of the mobile device that you are using please as well? Thank you.

iPhone 11 Pro on iOS 15.1
2021-11-28
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules