Can't install DJI Fly on Google Pixel 4
5031 23 2021-11-28
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
R Bishop
New

United Kingdom

Hi,

I am using a Google Pixel 4 phone with Android 12. I have a DJI Mini drone.

I have downloaded the DJI Fly APK file. When I find the file in my downloads and click it, it says 'Can't open file'.

Can you please advise how I can install the DJI Fly app?

Thanks,

Rob.

2021-11-28
Use props
DJI Wanda
Administrator

Hello, there. Sorry for your inconvenience. Would you please download the file from our website and try again? Here is the link: https://www.dji.com/downloads/products/mavic-mini
If the issue persists, would you please screenshot it for us? Thanks in advance.
2021-11-28
Use props
R Bishop
New

United Kingdom

Thanks for your response. Yes, the problem does persist when trying to install from the downloads folder (I have attached a screenshot).

However, I have got around the problem by accessing the APK from 'Files'. This allowed me to install the app and seems okay now.

Thanks.
Screenshot_20211129-085553.png
2021-11-29
Use props
DJI Wanda
Administrator

R Bishop Posted at 11-29 00:59
Thanks for your response. Yes, the problem does persist when trying to install from the downloads folder (I have attached a screenshot).

However, I have got around the problem by accessing the APK from 'Files'. This allowed me to install the app and seems okay now.

Thanks for your feedback. Your shared experience will be instrumental to other users. Appreciate your support and help.
2021-11-29
Use props
Steve Florida
New

United States

Thanks! That solved it for me as well.
2021-12-2
Use props
DJI Gamora
Administrator

Steve Florida Posted at 12-2 15:41
Thanks! That solved it for me as well.

We are pleased to hear everything has been resolved, wish you have a nice time on flying the drone.
2021-12-3
Use props
djiuser_PWxgOXwBlcnG
New

United States

[Image]

Went through the download via files but after signing on, a box pops up with several suggestions if I choose. But then freezes and can't get into the flying portion.
2021-12-7
Use props
DJI Susan
Administrator

djiuser_PWxgOXwBlcnG Posted at 12-7 16:59
Went through the download via files but after signing on, a box pops up with several suggestions if I choose. But then freezes and can't get into the flying portion.

Sorry for this, please try to completely delete the DJI Fly app and download it again from the official website.  https://www.dji.com/downloads/djiapp/dji-fly
Please keep us updated if the issue persists.
2021-12-9
Use props
djiuser_2WsOL8iWZkkQ
New
United States

R Bishop Posted at 2021-11-29 00:59

[Image]

Could you be more specific on your install? I found file under downloads, but I can't figure out to install.
Thanks
2022-1-8
Use props
DJI Gamora
Administrator

djiuser_2WsOL8iWZkkQ Posted at 1-8 16:33
Could you be more specific on your install? I found file under downloads, but I can't figure out to install.
Thanks

Hi, there. Sorry to hear about the trouble you've encountered. Please enable the permission of "Install unknown apps"-"Allow from this source" in the setting of the phone. Hope this helps.
2022-1-8
Use props
djiuser_2WsOL8iWZkkQ
New
United States

DJI Gamora Posted at 1-8 20:29
Hi, there. Sorry to hear about the trouble you've encountered. Please enable the permission of "Install unknown apps"-"Allow from this source" in the setting of the phone. Hope this helps.

Yes I have enabled from this source, but how do I install?
2022-1-10
Use props
DJI Wanda
Administrator

djiuser_2WsOL8iWZkkQ Posted at 1-10 16:05
Yes I have enabled from this source, but how do I install?

Hello, there. Sorry for your inconvenience. May we know what will it happen when you tab the apk file? Could you please screenshot the picture for us after your tab the file?
2022-1-10
Use props
djiuser_ByJUbablOnqf
New

Chile

Hello, I have the same issue. I tried all the things above but it still doesn't work. I have a Google pixel 4.
2022-3-11
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
Flight distance : 7 ft
  • >>>

djiuser_ByJUbablOnqf Posted at 3-11 11:02
Hello, I have the same issue. I tried all the things above but it still doesn't work. I have a Google pixel 4.

Hi there, could you please download and install the latest app through the link below to see if it works? If not, please tell us more detail about the issue you encountered. A screenshot/video showing the issue will be appreciated. We will do our best to help. https://www.dji.com/downloads/djiapp/dji-fly
2022-3-11
Use props
REY-BIG
lvl.1
Canada

I received the drone today. After three hours trying to make this work I search for help. Found thuis and I followed Screenshot 2022-07-12 195901.png all steps inclluding downloadong the same file 1657082707253-DJI-v1... with the same result: after login shows a menu ""Interesting in flying DJI aircraft? Here is some helpful  to know before flying "" and three items to choose. The menu is freeze and it not can be move, delete or end the app. The controler keeps all  lights blinking.
2022-7-12
Use props
Catwalsh55
lvl.2
Flight distance : 8540 ft
Ireland

Hi I have a pixel 4 a and i can't use my drone because the go fly4 app has stopped working I tried reinstalling but still won't work. Cany get any of your apps to work on my phone. Work perfect untill a few months ago ☹️
2022-8-4
Use props
DJI Wanda
Administrator

Catwalsh55 Posted at 8-4 10:38
Hi I have a pixel 4 a and i can't use my drone because the go fly4 app has stopped working I tried reinstalling but still won't work. Cany get any of your apps to work on my phone. Work perfect untill a few months ago ☹️

Hello, there. Sorry for your inconvenience. May we double confirm that you are using DJI FLY APP? Also, please tell us your current OS version.
2022-8-5
Use props
DJI Wanda
Administrator

REY-BIG Posted at 7-12 18:02
I received the drone today. After three hours trying to make this work I search for help. Found thuis and I followed  all steps inclluding downloadong the same file 1657082707253-DJI-v1... with the same result: after login shows a menu ""Interesting in flying DJI aircraft? Here is some helpful  to know before flying "" and three items to choose. The menu is freeze and it not can be move, delete or end the app. The controler keeps all  lights blinking.

Hello, there. Would you please try the troubleshooting steps below?                       
1. Please exit the DJI Fly app. Set “Font Size” and “Screen Zoom” to default settings in the mobile device’s System Settings. Or, change the font to its minimum. (Using Samsung mobile phones as an example: Settings - Display - Font and Screen Zoom).
2. Then return to the app for operation. There should be a "Next" option in the blank.
3. If there is no “Next” option after zooming out the interface, please click the blank area repeatedly (Under"How do I fly safely").
2022-8-5
Use props
Catwalsh55
lvl.2
Flight distance : 8540 ft
Ireland

DJI Wanda Posted at 8-5 00:58
Hello, there. Sorry for your inconvenience. May we double confirm that you are using DJI FLY APP? Also, please tell us your current OS version.

Yeah tried the dji fly app won't work was using the dji go fly 4 app up untill the other day and this used to work but no dji apps are now working. I have android 12 and pixel 4a phone
2022-8-5
Use props
DJI Natalia
Administrator

Hi there. May I know the model of your drone? And we are sorry for the inconvenience caused. The following details may help you more, please check:
1. Please delete the original app from your mobile device again and install the latest version from our official website https://dji.com/downloads/djiapp/dji-fly It is recommended to install it from the file manager. And please update your firmware to the latest version as well.
2. If the above step fails, please tell us, and we will send you a test file, you can try to use this file and keep us updated. You can also change to another phone to solve this problem.
3. Besides, please don’t worry, our engineers are checking this problem as well. For the updates, you can stay turn to our official website."
2022-8-6
Use props
djiuser_z60BQyODlJrM
New

United States

I have a pixel 4a (regular not 5g version) and cannot open the DJI fly app. I have downloaded the app from the DJI website. I have given the app every permission that is possible for my phone. The DJI fly app is version 1.6.9.  when I start the app I get a white screen that has the DJI logo then it dumps me back to my home screen. When I open my currently open apps I can see that same screen letting me know the app is still running. When I click on it it tries to open but dumps me right back to my home screen. I have a mavic mini.
2022-8-7
Use props
DJI Natalia
Administrator

djiuser_z60BQyODlJrM Posted at 8-7 10:10
I have a pixel 4a (regular not 5g version) and cannot open the DJI fly app. I have downloaded the app from the DJI website. I have given the app every permission that is possible for my phone. The DJI fly app is version 1.6.9.  when I start the app I get a white screen that has the DJI logo then it dumps me back to my home screen. When I open my currently open apps I can see that same screen letting me know the app is still running. When I click on it it tries to open but dumps me right back to my home screen. I have a mavic mini.

Hi, there. We are sorry for the inconvenience caused.
And we have sent you a test file via PM, could you please check?
And please don't worry, our engineers are working on this problem as well.
2022-8-7
Use props
djiuser_pqEOmTSr4Ssy
New

Canada

DJI Natalia Posted at 8-7 18:14
And we have sent you a test file via PM, could you please check?
And please don't worry, our engineers are working on this problem as well.

Hello I have a Pixel 4a and am running Android 12, I've been using DJI Fly successfully as recently as 2 days ago and after the latest DJI update I am having the exact same issue as posted above... I have uninstalled and re-downloaded 1.5.1 2025 with no success despite having all my permissions turned on. Everytime I open the app I get the logo then the app crashes and I am back on the homepage. Please help I use my Mini2 for work purposes.
2022-8-10
Use props
DJI Natalia
Administrator

djiuser_pqEOmTSr4Ssy Posted at 8-10 09:12
Hello I have a Pixel 4a and am running Android 12, I've been using DJI Fly successfully as recently as 2 days ago and after the latest DJI update I am having the exact same issue as posted above... I have uninstalled and re-downloaded 1.5.1 2025 with no success despite having all my permissions turned on. Everytime I open the app I get the logo then the app crashes and I am back on the homepage. Please help I use my Mini2 for work purposes.

And we have sent you a PM, could you please check?
2022-8-10
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules