352 8 2021-11-28
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
AvroTrain
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1375318 ft
United States

Hello,
Was flying my Mp2 all day Nov 27th and then my last flight of the day / Evening I sent it up and it started to fly off eartically and then crashed. Luckily only damage to the props and some scrapes. I had a  Pro 1 do this to me couple years ago but didnt pursue it. DJI telling me out of warranty and data analysis $65. I've heard of a way to pull the flight data off of it. Only question is will this process shed light on what exactly happened. I cannot detemine if the crash caused one prop to go missing or if the prop fell off and caused the crash.  Thoughts?

Thanks in Advance

2021-11-28
Use props
JJB*
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 12225059 ft
  • >>>
Netherlands

Hi,

Without a flightlog difficult to help....

Upload your flightlog using > https://www.phantomhelp.com/LogViewer/Upload/
Post the upload link on here.

cheers
JJB
2021-11-28
Use props
AvroTrain
lvl.4
United States

JJB* Posted at 11-28 11:03
Hi,

Without a flightlog difficult to help....

Thank you for quick reply!!

https://www.phantomhelp.com/LogViewer/QK7AMDFVLV0ZL3ZM6SOE/#
2021-11-28
Use props
JJB*
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
Netherlands

Hi,

Do you remember wich heading your Mavic2 was facing while on the ground ? approx heading 090 or 270 or ??
it looks like a compass /yaw fly away.

See the column HDG, see the heading rapidly changes from 023 to ~100 degrees, before that fly away already 'busy'....Corrections to the motors to the wrong motors, compass error of ~80 degrees.

cheers
JJB

analysis2.png
analysis3.png
2021-11-28
Use props
AvroTrain
lvl.4
United States

JJB* Posted at 11-28 12:36
Hi,

Do you remember wich heading your Mavic2 was facing while on the ground ? approx heading 090 or 270 or ??

was facing south east best I can remember. More than 090 like 160. I was on a lot of cement with Metal and in Proximity of a large lift bridge and got several compass errors. Those flights were in a different area. This crash happened near a metal fence and railroad tracks but no compass error that I can remember. Which then I do the compass calibration, wait for GPS mode before takeoff. This gave me no warning of any compass issue this time. I really don't trust this Pro 2. Is there something possibly more defective?
2021-11-28
Use props
DJI Stephen
DJI team

Hello there AvroTrain. I am sorry to read and to know what happened to your DJI Drtone and thank you for reaching out. Since there was a crash that happened. It would be best to contact our DJI support team at https://www.dji.com/support for assistance. We will do there best to help and give out the best resolution for this issue. Again I am sorry for this trouble and thank you.
2021-11-28
Use props
JJB*
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
Netherlands

AvroTrain Posted at 11-28 13:06
was facing south east best I can remember. More than 090 like 160. I was on a lot of cement with Metal and in Proximity of a large lift bridge and got several compass errors. Those flights were in a different area. This crash happened near a metal fence and railroad tracks but no compass error that I can remember. Which then I do the compass calibration, wait for GPS mode before takeoff. This gave me no warning of any compass issue this time. I really don't trust this Pro 2. Is there something possibly more defective?

oke, heading in the app at start is 024. This is the reason why it flew away like it did!

Always bad idea to perform compass calibration near metal, rebar etc.

If you had check the compass heading in the app and compare this to the actual heading than you would have seen this mismatch in heading. If not the same = do not fly.

cheers
JJB
2021-11-29
Use props
AvroTrain
lvl.4
United States

JJB* Posted at 11-29 00:42
oke, heading in the app at start is 024. This is the reason why it flew away like it did!

Always bad idea to perform compass calibration near metal, rebar etc.

Thats all good info Noted. There was my SUV and a metal fence next to RR tracks. I should have known better. Thanks for your time! I did further reading on same advice on you tube also confirms. How did you pull up this directional map wih the stats?

Cheers
2021-11-29
Use props
Labroides
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 9991457 ft
  • >>>
Australia

AvroTrain Posted at 11-29 04:09
Thats all good info Noted. There was my SUV and a metal fence next to RR tracks. I should have known better. Thanks for your time! I did further reading on same advice on you tube also confirms. How did you pull up this directional map wih the stats?

Cheers

There was my SUV and a metal fence next to RR tracks. I should have known better.
This incident had nothing to do with your car or the fence, or the unnecessary compass calibration.
None of tjhose made any difference to the incident..
It was all about where you chose to power up the drone ... on cement that was full of reinforcing steel.

Your compass tried to warn you, but instead of powering off and moving away from the problem it warned of, you recalibrated the compass (which had nothing wrong with it).

2021-11-29
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules