Dashware, need testers please
2055 11 2021-11-28
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
MiniManiac
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1047503 ft
United Kingdom

Since DJI changed the encryption on the app the old method of creating a CSV file using the TXTlogToCSVtoolMM.exe no longer works, I've been working with a chap from the MP forum to create a working set of files.

If you are familiar with Dashware and its use then you can use Airdata website to upload your flight log and then download a CSV file, please then use the tools in the link below and let me know if it works ok, a screen shot is good.

If you have issues using Dashware then feel free to post a link (google drive etc) with your flight video and CSV file and type of quad

V5 files

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1MgyuXUTVa8VizOwvh5ztX2u113_l0bml/view?usp=sharing

Im looking for users with the following quads

Mavic mini
Mini 2
MA

MA2
Mavic 3

If you arent familair but want to help out then use this guide but use the files linked, the Dashware program itself is linked in the description box

2021-11-28
Use props
CallMeAlan
Second Officer
Flight distance : 27434 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

There are three files there: two XMLs and a .dashware.  The XMLs are just that. There is no application, and the .dashware is ?? what??  Nothing opens it.
2021-11-28
Use props
Montfrooij
Captain
Flight distance : 2560453 ft
  • >>>
Netherlands

I can try, but what do I have to do?
2021-11-29
Use props
DAFlys
Captain
Flight distance : 312090263 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

the .dashware file is actually a zip file?   And contains some gauges.
2021-11-29
Use props
MiniManiac
Second Officer
United Kingdom

Thanks for the replies, I was mainly looking for people who know how to use Dashware, however ive now added a tutorial video and some more text in the original post for those that want to try it
2021-11-29
Use props
Peter51
lvl.2
Flight distance : 1162969 ft
Germany

Hey, I'm Peter a German ...

I am happy to find someone who is currently working on the same problem as me!
Trying to understand Dashware, I've learned a lot in the past few days.
Use an AIR 2S.
Today I was looking for a profile for airdata csv. I think it is different from the file created with TXTlogToCSVtoolMM.exe from the DJIFlightRecord.txt (which is now encrypted)

Tried your data on my project. I used the DJI Mini 2 profile.

Thank you for your great work !!

My first impression: everything works great !!!

Except for the battery charge, it shows 15% at the beginning and 100% at the end.
Your input data for  'Vertical Speed' is mph.. Is it right?
2021-12-19
Use props
No Original Thought
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1364209 ft
United Kingdom

Dashware is great!

I've used it a lot with telemetry data from a Sony actioncam and a TomTom sports tracker.

The results can be totally customised and can look really impressive (here's an example of some of my none DJI work)

The only downside Dashware has is that process of creating data import templates is a PITA. (Though actually being able to do that is it's great strength!).

I was planning to create an import template myself at some point when I have enough flights with my Mini 2 to make it worthwhile, so it's great to see that it is already being worked on.

I'll chip in with any help I can give

-N.O.T.
2021-12-20
Use props
MiniManiac
Second Officer
United Kingdom

Peter51 Posted at 12-19 14:27
Hey, I'm Peter a German ...

I am happy to find someone who is currently working on the same problem as me!

Hi

Thanks for the feedback

Yes vertical speed is (on my imperial app) set at mph, the gauges are wrong I know I have updated the link in the first post with the newer files
2021-12-20
Use props
MiniManiac
Second Officer
United Kingdom

No Original Thought Posted at 12-20 03:04
Dashware is great!

I've used it a lot with telemetry data from a Sony actioncam and a TomTom sports tracker.

That is a really cool way to use Dashware, I didnt know it could do that
2021-12-20
Use props
Peter51
lvl.2
Flight distance : 1162969 ft
Germany

@ MiniManiac:
One more thing: Distance (FT). You use "Distance". I use "Distance from home" so that "0" appears again when the drone is back home.

@ No Original Thought : Great work and a wonderful Video!!
2021-12-20
Use props
MiniManiac
Second Officer
United Kingdom

Peter51 Posted at 12-20 09:36
@ MiniManiac:
One more thing: Distance (FT). You use "Distance". I use "Distance from home" so that "0" appears again when the drone is back home.

There are 3 distances, from take off point, max distance and acumulative distance

The  reading on mine starts at 0 as that is where the quad is first powered  on and sets it home point, I dont see a column in the CSV file for any  other distance reading.

Edit sorry I just got what you meant, you mean the gauge shows distance from home, I left it at distance only as that is what the original app shows

distance.jpg
2021-12-20
Use props
No Original Thought
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1364209 ft
United Kingdom

MiniManiac Posted at 12-20 07:45
That is a really cool way to use Dashware, I didnt know it could do that

It takes a bit of extra work. I render out as a PNG sequence from Dashware, then use FFMPEG to render those into a .mov with alpha channel.

The resulting clip can then be laid over the original video and cut like a multicamera edit using transitions in and out etc.

Was worth the extra work to get those effects, though, and I spent a long time building custom guages and tweaking stock guages

-N.O.T.
2021-12-20
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules