Videos blink when watching-shot outside
536 13 2021-11-28
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Mojitomeg
lvl.1
United States

I have recently noticed flashing or blinking in videos when fliming outside in sunlight.  This happens whether or not I have selected auto or daylight white balance.

Does anyone have any suggestions of how to fix this?

You can see it a bit at the beginning.  I have several videos like this.  It's otherwise unedited.

Thanks for any advice.

2021-11-28
Use props
DJI Stephen
DJI team

Hello there Mojitomeg. I am sorry for the trouble this has caused and thank you for reaching out. May we know what is the model of the mobile device you are using please on your DJI Osmo Mobile 3 and can you please try to uninstall and reinstall the DJI Mimo application for us to be able to isolate the said issue?  In addition, kindly please save all of photos and videos that you have captured and filmed before uninstalling the DJI Mimo application for you not to loose any of your files. Thank you.
2021-11-28
Use props
Mojitomeg
lvl.1
United States

DJI Stephen Posted at 11-28 20:38
Hello there Mojitomeg. I am sorry for the trouble this has caused and thank you for reaching out. May we know what is the model of the mobile device you are using please on your DJI Osmo Mobile 3 and can you please try to uninstall and reinstall the DJI Mimo application for us to be able to isolate the said issue?  In addition, kindly please save all of photos and videos that you have captured and filmed before uninstalling the DJI Mimo application for you not to loose any of your files. Thank you.
Samsung Galazy S20+.  It just happens on vids.  I will reinstall app as you suggested.  Thanks!
2021-11-28
Use props
Montfrooij
Captain
Flight distance : 2560453 ft
  • >>>
Netherlands

Are you using the DJI app for filming?
2021-11-29
Use props
Mojitomeg
lvl.1
United States

Montfrooij Posted at 11-29 00:07
Are you using the DJI app for filming?

Yes. The example above was done with their app. I have done some thru Facebook and/or the phone's app when using an external mic.  I will see if I can locate some.

I had to google the app since it is not in the Google play store.
2021-11-29
Use props
Montfrooij
Captain
  • >>>
Netherlands

Mojitomeg Posted at 11-29 02:31
Yes. The example above was done with their aoo. I have done some thru Facebook and/or the phone's app when using an external mic.  I will see if I can locate some.

I had to google the app since it is not in the Google play store.

This looks very strange indeed.
2021-11-29
Use props
Mojitomeg
lvl.1
United States

Montfrooij Posted at 11-29 02:33
This looks very strange indeed.

I agree! I have had the OM3 for maybe 18 months maybe. I got it just before the OM4.

I do not recall it happening at first but the last couple trips, I noticed the same. I will have to look at some more vids.  I have not gotten a new phone either. Puzzling
2021-11-29
Use props
Montfrooij
Captain
  • >>>
Netherlands

Mojitomeg Posted at 11-29 03:18
I agree! I have had the OM3 for maybe 18 months maybe. I got it just before the OM4.

I do not recall it happening at first but the last couple trips, I noticed the same. I will have to look at some more vids.  I have not gotten a new phone either. Puzzling

That makes it even more weird.
2021-11-29
Use props
Mojitomeg
lvl.1
United States

Here is another one

2021-11-29
Use props
Mojitomeg
lvl.1
United States

And another

2021-11-29
Use props
Mojitomeg
lvl.1
United States

One more

Happens in portrait and landscape
2021-11-29
Use props
Mojitomeg
lvl.1
United States

I have more but tracking them down is time consuming as they're on a few external drives.  Plus I don't want to bombard you with them!  Thanks!!
2021-11-29
Use props
KlooGee
Second Officer
Flight distance : 16783757 ft
  • >>>
United States

Are you using auto exposure mode or pro?
2021-11-29
Use props
Mojitomeg
lvl.1
United States

KlooGee Posted at 11-29 08:37
Are you using auto exposure mode or pro?

Probably auto, though I have changed white balance as needed.

I do not think it happened at the very beginning. I think it's maybe due to updates perhaps
2021-11-29
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules