Mini se Gimbal behavior?
755 10 2021-11-28
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
djiuser_UmUnYoWGvvfb
lvl.2
Flight distance : 3675266 ft
United States

Does anyone have this issue with the gimbal?

When looking straight down airborne of course, say your lining up for landing. Gimbal full tilt down, when you move any direction the gimbal pops up about 12 degrees.  And wont stay looking down.  This is well above 10 meters.  Id assumed that maybe it does this when the landing sensors sense the geound 1 meter, it lifts thw gimbal so it dont hit the ground.  So full tilt looking down while flying 30 meters up to get a river view it pops up about 12 15 degrees.  Any direction will pop up the gimbal.  Is this normal?  Btuly i dont see a SE forum so the next closest is the mini 2.  Almost the same drone.
2021-11-28
Use props
DJI Stephen
DJI team

Hello there. Good day and thank you for reaching out. Due to the compact design of DJI Mini SE, the limit range of the gimbal arm is relatively small. When the gimbal pitch angle is over -70 degrees, if the drone nose is tilted up in a sharp angle, the gimbal will automatically trigger the protection mechanism, and the gimbal will lift up to about 70 degrees to protect the gimbal. You may avoid breaking suddenly when flying forward or accelerating suddenly when flying backward, besides, it is recommended to control the gimbal within -70 degrees. Thanks you.
2021-11-28
Use props
Montfrooij
Captain
Flight distance : 2560453 ft
  • >>>
Netherlands

Yes, we all have this.
2021-11-29
Use props
DAFlys
Captain
Flight distance : 312090263 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Yep,  if you switch to film mode it fixes it.  
2021-11-29
Use props
DAFlys
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

I made a video to demonstrate the issue

2021-11-29
Use props
djiuser_UmUnYoWGvvfb
lvl.2
United States

DAFlys Posted at 11-29 01:15
Yep,  if you switch to film mode it fixes it.

Thank you..  ill try this next time I'm in the air..
2021-11-29
Use props
djiuser_UmUnYoWGvvfb
lvl.2
United States

DAFlys Posted at 11-29 01:15
I made a video to demonstrate the issue

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jp5ikn7UqHA

And thank you too.. Thats exactly what it does.  Jumps up a bit.  If your really slow it will stay facing down but more wind changes everything too.  I was making sure it was a common thing and I'm not crazy.  "I know I had it full lock down?  Lmao"
2021-11-29
Use props
Sean-bumble-bee
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 15997 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Also be aware that the gimbal point down beyond a certain angle can limit the forwards or backwards speed of the drone (I can't remember which) and this has, in the past, caused some people problems, as in temporary blown aways. I don't know if updates fixed the problem concerning blown aways but I have encountered the speed limitations myself.
2021-11-29
Use props
djiuser_UmUnYoWGvvfb
lvl.2
United States

Another easy question..  How do I change my user name in here?  The fly app has it correct but can't find where to change it here.  Do I have to login online in desktop view/standard. Thanks again too all of you guys. Great support.
2021-11-29
Use props
DAFlys
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

djiuser_UmUnYoWGvvfb Posted at 11-29 14:07
And thank you too.. Thats exactly what it does.  Jumps up a bit.  If your really slow it will stay facing down but more wind changes everything too.  I was making sure it was a common thing and I'm not crazy.  "I know I had it full lock down?  Lmao"

It drives me potty,  my other drone the Mavic 2 Pro which in the spec has the same gimbal range doesn't do it at all.
2021-11-30
Use props
DAFlys
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

djiuser_UmUnYoWGvvfb Posted at 11-29 15:31
Another easy question..  How do I change my user name in here?  The fly app has it correct but can't find where to change it here.  Do I have to login online in desktop view/standard. Thanks again too all of you guys. Great support.

On the forum,  at the top right of the page is a little picture of a drone,  click that,  Personal Home Page -> Settings.  On there you can change your name and set your own picture.
2021-11-30
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules