Mavic 3 slow to connect with RC remote
1063 10 2021-11-28
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
fans76b622a7
lvl.3
Flight distance : 121112 ft
United States

After booting the RC remote and then the Mavic 3 the drone is slow to connect.  Typically will not connect on the first try and I must restart the connection process and the drone eventually connects.  Is this a firmware issue?
2021-11-28
Use props
DarthSLR
First Officer
Flight distance : 1846716 ft
  • >>>
United States

Mine was having this issue so frequently that I had to send my M3C for replacement. Still didn't get the replacement unit back, so can't report anything new for now.
2021-11-28
Use props
fans76b622a7
lvl.3
United States

Thank for the reply, I believe it is the RC Pro Controller as it does not happen on the RC-N1 controller
2021-11-28
Use props
DJI Stephen
DJI team

Hello there. I ma sorry for the trouble this has caused and thank you for reaching out. Kindly please check if both the said DJI drone and DJI remote controllers firmware are both up to date? Thank you.
2021-11-28
Use props
fans76b622a7
lvl.3
United States

DJI Stephen Posted at 11-28 20:49
Hello there. I ma sorry for the trouble this has caused and thank you for reaching out. Kindly please check if both the said DJI drone and DJI remote controllers firmware are both up to date? Thank you.

Yes, both the M3 and the RC pro have the latest software.  I have not experienced any disconnects but the M3 and RC take an extremely long time to connect.  However, after they do connect I have shut both off and the M3 and RC controller will connect as soon as both boot up again. I only experience the slow connection on the first boot.
2021-12-1
Use props
TeddyBozeman
lvl.4
Flight distance : 152044 ft
  • >>>
United States

fans76b622a7 Posted at 12-1 15:43
Yes, both the M3 and the RC pro have the latest software.  I have not experienced any disconnects but the M3 and RC take an extremely long time to connect.  However, after they do connect I have shut both off and the M3 and RC controller will connect as soon as both boot up again. I only experience the slow connection on the first boot.

I also started having this issue tonight; went for a flight, connected fine, came back inside and later tried to connect to wipe the SSD and the RC Pro and drone are no longer connecting. Tried a dozen times and got them to connect once, it then told me there was a drone firmware update (?!) and went ahead and did it, but after restarting, they still won't connect to one another. Was debating trying the controller for my Mini 2 to see if it would connect at this point.
2021-12-1
Use props
fans76b622a7
lvl.3
United States

TeddyBozeman Posted at 12-1 17:50
I also started having this issue tonight; went for a flight, connected fine, came back inside and later tried to connect to wipe the SSD and the RC Pro and drone are no longer connecting. Tried a dozen times and got them to connect once, it then told me there was a drone firmware update (?!) and went ahead and did it, but after restarting, they still won't connect to one another. Was debating trying the controller for my Mini 2 to see if it would connect at this point.

DJI’s reputation is sinking fast.  Must be a firmware issue with the RCPro as my M3 works perfect with the  original controller and my iPhone.  However, I loved the original smart controller with the M2pro and cannot stand to control the M3 with the crap controller DJI supplied.
2021-12-1
Use props
TeddyBozeman
lvl.4
  • >>>
United States

fans76b622a7 Posted at 11-28 14:44
Thank for the reply, I believe it is the RC Pro Controller as it does not happen on the RC-N1 controller

You're definitely onto something here; I connected my Mini 2's controller, and it worked immediately, like it normally does when you connect a controller. The RC Pro simply refuses to connect any longer, and when I try to pair it, it acts like it can't see the drone at all, whereas the RC-N1 instantly connects.
2021-12-1
Use props
TeddyBozeman
lvl.4
  • >>>
United States

TeddyBozeman Posted at 12-1 19:57
You're definitely onto something here; I connected my Mini 2's controller, and it worked immediately, like it normally does when you connect a controller. The RC Pro simply refuses to connect any longer, and when I try to pair it, it acts like it can't see the drone at all, whereas the RC-N1 instantly connects.

Also, weirdly, I noticed a pattern on how the RC Pro connects, then disconnects; almost exactly 20 seconds of green light (connection), then almost exactly 10 seconds of red light (disconnected), and it just repeats this over and over. (It never actually fully connects or shows the drone as being connected on the RC Pro.)
2021-12-1
Use props
fans76b622a7
lvl.3
United States

TeddyBozeman Posted at 12-1 20:03
Also, weirdly, I noticed a pattern on how the RC Pro connects, then disconnects; almost exactly 20 seconds of green light (connection), then almost exactly 10 seconds of red light (disconnected), and it just repeats this over and over. (It never actually fully connects or shows the drone as being connected on the RC Pro.)

Same thing here, DJI must know of this issue, hopefully it can be fixed in firmware or a total recall of the,RC Pro.
2021-12-1
Use props
Nicodema
lvl.4
Flight distance : 90259 ft
United Kingdom

TeddyBozeman Posted at 12-1 20:03
Also, weirdly, I noticed a pattern on how the RC Pro connects, then disconnects; almost exactly 20 seconds of green light (connection), then almost exactly 10 seconds of red light (disconnected), and it just repeats this over and over. (It never actually fully connects or shows the drone as being connected on the RC Pro.)

Interesting. I hope DJI tech support have been given this information and appropriate log files. It sounds like it should help them debug it.

What a bizarre fault.
2021-12-2
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules