What does the MC horz rotation control mean. Motion controller
2902 8 2021-11-28
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Bucka
lvl.1
Netherlands

Hi all,

I saw the dji motion controller has a third option in the menu, MC horz rotational control or something like that. Does anybody know what this means? I can't find any video or update about this.

2021-11-28
Use props
DJI Wanda
Administrator

Hello, there. Sorry for your inconvenience. Do you mean the Turtle Mode?
2021-11-29
Use props
Bucka
lvl.1
Netherlands

If you connect the FPV drone, motion controller and goggles V2. Update to latest firmware. In the settings of the goggles -> motion controller -> controls you will see 3 options. MC movement something, option 2, MC horz rotation something. What is this last thing.
2021-11-29
Use props
BudWalker
Second Officer
Flight distance : 5966247 ft
  • >>>
United States

Bucka Posted at 11-29 00:36
If you connect the FPV drone, motion controller and goggles V2. Update to latest firmware. In the settings of the goggles -> motion controller -> controls you will see 3 options. MC movement something, option 2, MC horz rotation something. What is this last thing.

MC horiz rotational control means that the MC can be used to yaw the FPV. However, it is not necessarily the case that the FPV points the same direction as the MC. E.g. pointing the MC east doesn't mean the FPV is pointing east. But, if the MC is pointing east then rotated to point south the FPV will rotate 90 degrees CW.
2021-11-29
Use props
Bucka
lvl.1
Netherlands

But even with the option off, the yaw is still enabled for the MC. if you rotate your wrist it will yaw left or right, so what's the difference in movement with the MC and the movement of the FPV drone if it's on?
2021-11-29
Use props
SgtRay
lvl.4
Flight distance : 14860804 ft
United States

Bucka Posted at 11-29 12:02
But even with the option off, the yaw is still enabled for the MC. if you rotate your wrist it will yaw left or right, so what's the difference in movement with the MC and the movement of the FPV drone if it's on?

If you spin your body in place the drone will spin too.
The other way it wont.

When I show people how to fly it I always have to tell them bend your wrist to turn not your body (ie same as turning you wrist) I didn't know there was an update to turn it off. I can see how it's good to turn it off. But for me it was never a big problem.
2021-11-29
Use props
Bucka
lvl.1
Netherlands

Ahhh it's for that, thank you!
2021-11-29
Use props
dojieldienvehotmail.com
lvl.1

United States

Can you fly sideways using MC?
2022-5-22
Use props
SgtRay
lvl.4
Flight distance : 14860804 ft
United States

dojieldienvehotmail.com Posted at 5-22 04:25
Can you fly sideways using MC?

No you can't fly sideways nor can you fly backwards.
2022-5-22
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules