Remote ID not working
2915 11 2021-11-29
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
ope
New

Japan

I have been working on verifying the implementation of Remote ID for compliance with the latest draft of the standard.

On DJI Mavic 3 Firmware Update v01.00.0300 with Remode ID enabled, nothing on either WiFi nor bluetooth seem to be broadcasted.
Where can I find information about how DJI implemented Remote ID? Could it be that the feature isnt currently working even if the option appears on the DJI fly app?

2021-11-29
Use props
Nicodema
lvl.4
Flight distance : 90259 ft
United Kingdom

Have you tried Open Drone ID?
Here's an interesting video from Italy...
https://forum.dji.com/forum.php? ... &extra=page%3D1

They seem to be seeing it work there. Also shows the Fly App config pages involved.
2021-11-29
Use props
DAFlys
Captain
Flight distance : 312090263 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

I think you need DJI Aeroscope to see that.  https://www.dji.com/aeroscope/info
2021-11-29
Use props
0pe
New

Japan

Nicodema Posted at 11-29 02:40
Have you tried Open Drone ID?
Here's an interesting video from Italy...
https://forum.dji.com/forum.php?mod=viewthread&tid=254110&extra=page%3D1

Thanks for the info, seems to be a nice lead.Yes I have compiled the Open Drone ID app and verified the Remote ID implementation of the Parrot ANAFI, works without an issue.

Furthermore, I do not think it is an issue with the app as I have done Bluetooth and WiFi captures and found nothing. From the specification, either or both interface should broadcast information.

I do not have this menu:

Here is what I have:

Perhaps it is location based, I live in Japan where we are not yet required to broadcast RID but the requirment is coming next year ie why I need to verify if it is working almost a literal translation of the american standard.

I even tried to spoof the location of my phone using the developer settings to teleport to Italy but no bueno.

Could it be dependant on the aircraft's GPS location? How can I test the remote ID feature?
2021-11-29
Use props
Danveal
lvl.4
  • >>>
Italy

0pe Posted at 11-29 19:05
Thanks for the info, seems to be a nice lead.Yes I have compiled the Open Drone ID app and verified the Remote ID implementation of the Parrot ANAFI, works without an issue.

Furthermore, I do not think it is an issue with the app as I have done Bluetooth and WiFi captures and found nothing. From the specification, either or both interface should broadcast information.

really interesting that you don't have the voice in the configuration. It is probably because the system detects that you are not in Europe. The DJI Fly with the active voice requests the registration code in the EASA format, if it is not correct it does not proceed. Furthermore, the drone only transmits the ID after it has taken off
2021-11-30
Use props
KlooGee
Second Officer
Flight distance : 16783757 ft
  • >>>
United States

They haven't implemented Remote ID yet.  They still have their own custom version that their Aeroscope product picks up on just like it has been for all DJI drones for lots of years.  The US's Remote ID technical specifications haven't been finalized yet, so no drone manufacturer can comply with them.  According to your forum location, you look like you are in Japan.  I've got no idea about Remote ID implementations outside of the US.
2021-11-30
Use props
ope
lvl.1
Flight distance : 135 ft

Japan

KlooGee Posted at 11-30 14:27
They haven't implemented Remote ID yet.  They still have their own custom version that their Aeroscope product picks up on just like it has been for all DJI drones for lots of years.  The US's Remote ID technical specifications haven't been finalized yet, so no drone manufacturer can comply with them.  According to your forum location, you look like you are in Japan.  I've got no idea about Remote ID implementations outside of the US.

You might have missed the previous replies talking about RID implementation already working for people in Italy. @Danveal seem to confirm that as well.
https://forum.dji.com/forum.php? ... &extra=page%3D1

I need a way to test that implementation even if not in europe.

Is there a way to do so with developer settings or change region settings somewhere in the app?
I tried to change my account's country in the app as well as spoof my GPS location on the phone but it didnt work.
2021-11-30
Use props
DJI Stephen
DJI team

Hello there. Thank you for reaching out thank you for sharing these information with us. For additional reference, the DJI AirSense is an alert system that uses ADS-B technology to give drone pilots enhanced situational awareness and help them make responsible decisions while flying. This feature gathers flight data sent automatically from nearby aircraft with ADS-B transmitters, analyzing it to detect potential collision risks and alert users well in advance through the DJI mobile application. In addition, I will post a DJI link where in you can read more about the DJI AirSense ( https://www.dji.com/flysafe/airsense ).  Thank you.
2021-11-30
Use props
Danveal
lvl.4
  • >>>
Italy

ope Posted at 11-30 20:33
You might have missed the previous replies talking about RID implementation already working for people in Italy. @Danveal seem to confirm that as well.
https://forum.dji.com/forum.php?mod=viewthread&tid=254110&extra=page%3D1

From what i could find the latest dji fly versions are harder to fool with fake gps. To prevent FCC mode from being activated where it could not, DJI FLY now accepts the new country code only if it detects from other clues that we are in a new location than the last. He wants confirmation from the phone sim and other elements before accepting the country code change even if the remote control appears on the map in the new location
2021-12-1
Use props
ope
lvl.1

Japan

DJI Stephen Posted at 11-30 21:38
Hello there. Thank you for reaching out thank you for sharing these information with us. For additional reference, the DJI AirSense is an alert system that uses ADS-B technology to give drone pilots enhanced situational awareness and help them make responsible decisions while flying. This feature gathers flight data sent automatically from nearby aircraft with ADS-B transmitters, analyzing it to detect potential collision risks and alert users well in advance through the DJI mobile application. In addition, I will post a DJI link where in you can read more about the DJI AirSense ( https://www.dji.com/flysafe/airsense ).  Thank you.

I am interested in testing the remote ID implementation of DJI before it becomes regulation here in Japan.

Places in europe like Italy for instance (as discussed above) already have this feature.

Whilst the app does show an option named "remote ID" nothing seem to be broadcasted on WiFi/BT.

Could you please explain how to test this feature?
2021-12-6
Use props
ope
lvl.1

Japan

Anyone has any pointers on how to test DJI's Remote ID feature outside to Europe?
2021-12-9
Use props
ope
lvl.1

Japan

I wish someone had suggestions on how to test Remote ID that isnt AeroScope/AirSense.
2021-12-15
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules