2466 8 2021-11-29
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
DJI Support
Administrator
Flight distance : 2408 ft
Hong Kong

Dear Valued DJI Customer:

In order to support the unlock service better, the DJI Fly Safe website and unlocking system are expected to be upgraded between 12:00 and 21:00 (UTC+8) on November 30, 2021. During this period, it is unable to submit an application for unlocking a zone. Please try to submit the application again after system upgrade. Thank you for your understanding and support.

*You can contact flysafe@dji.com if you require an urgent unlock.

DJI Support
11/29/2021
2021-11-29
Use props
KlooGee
Second Officer
Flight distance : 16783757 ft
  • >>>
United States

Does this only affect the website?  Can one still do the self-unlocks normally on their drone in DJI Fly or Go 4?
Also, unless this is an emergency maintenance, this notification should have been published far sooner than a day ahead.
2021-11-29
Use props
fansfdce2166
lvl.2
Flight distance : 78396 ft
China

KlooGee Posted at 11-29 03:41
Does this only affect the website?  Can one still do the self-unlocks normally on their drone in DJI Fly or Go 4?
Also, unless this is an emergency maintenance, this notification should have been published far sooner than a day ahead.

You could still do the self-unlocks normally on their drone in DJI Fly or Go 4.
2021-11-29
Use props
fansfdce2166
lvl.2
Flight distance : 78396 ft
China

Does this only affect the website?  Can one still do the self-unlocks normally on their drone in DJI Fly or Go 4?

Totally agree with your 2nd point!
2021-11-29
Use props
txDroneCo
lvl.2
Flight distance : 2228077 ft
  • >>>
United States

Folks,
You just can’t shut down a service like this on the last day of the month. Your drones are used to fly monthly inventories that need to be flown on the last day of the month. Hundreds of them. You’re killing us here.
2021-11-29
Use props
KlooGee
Second Officer
Flight distance : 16783757 ft
  • >>>
United States

txDroneCo Posted at 11-29 04:45
Folks,
You just can’t shut down a service like this on the last day of the month. Your drones are used to fly monthly inventories that need to be flown on the last day of the month. Hundreds of them. You’re killing us here.

They really should have posted this notice much earlier and via multiple different medium (FB, Twitter, etc, etc) so that people could plan ahead better.  Having said that, for any jobs you know about for tomorrow, get your request submitted today!  
2021-11-29
Use props
djiuser_JXLUPVAJ8h5F
lvl.1
Flight distance : 15418993 ft
United States

Am I dense or have they changed the self unlock feature?

Now its asking me to submit proof of authorization to fly? Since when did this become a thing?

I fly a mavic mini for real estate work and i often have to fly in authorization zones no higher than 40m.  The unlock feature never worked for me in the past on site so i was always pre-unlocking beforehand. I lost out on a job today because I was unable to unlock knowing I had to fly in a authorization zone. Frustrated I drove near the airport to test if the app unlock feature would work because i had no work around at the moment if more work came up . And sure enough find out that the unlock feature on the app decided to start working for me. I We'd really appreciate some sort of troubleshooting or workaround when one thing isnt working. You're interfering with my business.

2021-11-29
Use props
DJI Wanda
Administrator

We are sorry for the inconvenience. In order to support the unlock service better, the DJI Fly Safe website and unlocking system are upgraded between 12:00 and 21:00 (UTC+8) on November 30, 2021. During this period, it is unable to submit an application for unlocking a zone. We recommend you try applying for unlocking after the system upgrade is completed, or you can contact flysafe@dji.com if you require an urgent unlock. Thank you for your understanding and support.
2021-11-30
Use props
DJI Wanda
Administrator

txDroneCo Posted at 11-29 04:45
Folks,
You just can’t shut down a service like this on the last day of the month. Your drones are used to fly monthly inventories that need to be flown on the last day of the month. Hundreds of them. You’re killing us here.

Hello, we are sorry to inform you that the system is being upgraded in order to support the unlock service better. We will adjust the end time depending on the upgrade process. If the upgrade goes well, the system will be opened to all users for unlocking in advance. Please try unlocking later under Unlock Request at https://fly-safe.dji.com/unlock/unlock-request/list.
2021-11-30
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules