External stereo mics and the Action 2
2271 9 2021-11-29
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
fansfe82067d
First Officer
  • >>>
Australia

Why connect a stereo mic to the Action 2 when its audio is so good already?  Wind...

2021-11-29
Use props
DAFlys
Captain
Flight distance : 312090263 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

The new DJI wireless mic seem a good addon for the action 2
2021-11-29
Use props
IftiBashir
Second Officer
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Appreciate the tests - thank you - although I'm not sure why one would want a small action camera and then built a huge rig around it! I tend to use mine 'run and gun' style, so I like to reply on the naked camera itself.
Saying that, I'm waiting for the release of the DJI Mics as it seems like it would maintain an overall small and tidy package.....
2021-11-29
Use props
DJI Stephen
DJI team

Hello there. Good day and thank you for posting this interesting video you have filmed and created for the DJI Action 2. Great work and keep filming. .
2021-11-29
Use props
Montfrooij
Captain
Flight distance : 2560453 ft
  • >>>
Netherlands

Good video!
2021-11-30
Use props
fansfe82067d
First Officer
  • >>>
Australia

Thanks for comments.  The rig is unavoidable when using a stereo mic with the Action 2 - the mics are much bigger than the camera, and it is necessary to mount them in such a way as the mic does not appear in front of the wide angle lens.   But the in-ear mics are much more low profile.  The wire from the mics can go down inside my shirt and the audio adapter can be in my pocket.  Then the camera can be held in the usual way, and the connection from the audio adapter to the camera can run up my shirt and through my sleeve, appearing at my wrist.
2021-11-30
Use props
JodyB
First Officer
Flight distance : 302536 ft
  • >>>
United States

DAFlys Posted at 11-29 06:20
The new DJI wireless mic seem a good addon for the action 2

If I could find a place that would sell me one right now, I would by the DJI mic system right this second. And that’s with me already owning the Rhode wireless go 2 system.
2021-11-30
Use props
DAFlys
Captain
Flight distance : 312090263 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

JodyB Posted at 11-30 20:24
If I could find a place that would sell me one right now, I would by the DJI mic system right this second. And that’s with me already owning the Rhode wireless go 2 system.

I dont think its on sale until January.
2021-12-1
Use props
JodyB
First Officer
Flight distance : 302536 ft
  • >>>
United States

DAFlys Posted at 12-1 00:47
I dont think its on sale until January.

Yup, that’s sadly what I’m finding too
2021-12-1
Use props
fansfe82067d
First Officer
  • >>>
Australia

This device would probably allow XLR mics to be connected to the Action 2 - if you really wanted to...

https://www.ikmultimedia.com/pro ... key=irig-pro-duo-io
2021-12-26
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules