Image Quality Horizon Leveling On vs. Off
660 4 2021-11-29
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
thortschman
lvl.2
Germany

Considering I have seen many reviews of Action 2 vs. GP10 I found one strange thing. Sometimes it seams that Action 2 is much sharper and sometimes Action 2 is softer than GP10. I was wondering why. Can somebody who has the cam make a comparison between 2,7k with Horizon Leveling and 2,7k without? I wonder if this is the reason for diffrent image quality.
2021-11-29
Use props
IftiBashir
Second Officer
  • >>>
United Kingdom

I found that with HorizonSteady enabled, the image quality takes a hit. I need to do some further testing, but from an initial look thats the this impression I had......
2021-11-29
Use props
DJI Stephen
DJI team

Hello there thortschman. Good day and thank you for reaching out. The HorizonSteady feature of the DJI Action 2 is only available when the video resolution is 1080p ( 16:9 ) or 2.7K ( 16:9 ) with a frame rate of 60 fps or below. In addition the HorizonSteady keeps footages level no matter the situation while RockSteady 2.0 ensures stabler footage than ever before. Thank you.
2021-11-29
Use props
fansfe82067d
First Officer
  • >>>
Australia

Given the amount of processing that's required for horizonsteady, it wouldn't be a surprise if there was a quality hit - but personally I wouldn't use 2.7K unless I had horizonsteady on - I'd use 4K for better quality and a wobbly horizon!
2021-12-1
Use props
IftiBashir
Second Officer
  • >>>
United Kingdom

fansfe82067d Posted at 12-1 00:30
Given the amount of processing that's required for horizonsteady, it wouldn't be a surprise if there was a quality hit - but personally I wouldn't use 2.7K unless I had horizonsteady on - I'd use 4K for better quality and a wobbly horizon!

I find very little noticeable difference between 2.7k and 4k.
Yes you get some extra pixels, but I find even if I upscale 2.7k onto a 4K timeline/output, I can hardly tell any quality difference at all. Hence I generally stick to 2.7k regardless (slightly smaller file sizes to deal with too!)
2021-12-4
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules