Mavic 3 and S21 ultra
1516 8 2021-11-29
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
HeKToN
lvl.1
United Kingdom

Hi all,
Apparently im naive enough to still buy mavic products as I bought mavic 3 10 days ago and its still fully sealed. Now ... As my 1st issue was never fixed with isavic 2 pro and s21 ultra not going together , I am now curious if that's the same case with mavic 3 .
Apparently there is not a single youtube video about that topic as no one you send free drones would say the truth. So i am asking you here.... Will Mavic 3 work fine with s21 ultra ???? Or shall I return it and never deal with DJI again?

And please dont send me "recomended devices"as weve seen all these replies  hundreds of times here ...
2021-11-29
Use props
fans9c92099a
lvl.2
Flight distance : 246165 ft
  • >>>
United States

The Mavic 3 sort of works with my Galaxy S21+ but on every flight my RC looses connection with the camera in full line of sight less than 1/2 mile away. So I have to bring the drone home blind. Also my memory cards have plenty of room. That was the message I got on the RC was that the memory card was getting too full. So all the cache was deleted and the onboard 8G and 256G micro SD card were empty. The DJI GO 4 App does not work any which way on my Galaxy S21+ phone to fly my Mavic 2 Pro which really sucks. So I have to use my old Galaxy S8 to fly my Mavic 2 Pro. I am returning my Mavic 3 until they get the bugs out of the Go Fly App and to see what the firmware in January has included and what bugs it fixes. Also BTW, the other problem I had with the RC was I would tap the record button to stop recording video in order to set the zoom to 7X and then tap the record button which seemed to work OK. Then when I tapped the record button to stop recording so I could get out of the zoom mode the record button and the zoom lens would completely lock up and just showed a red circle spinning until I landed it. Really not acceptable for a new $2,200 drone.
2021-11-29
Use props
HeKToN
lvl.1
United Kingdom

Thanks a lot. Returning this ASAP. Apparently all from DJI stay quiet. Absolute ridiculous. Amazing Hardware and lack of software development...

2021-11-29
Use props
DJI Stephen
DJI team

Hello there HeKToN. I am sorry for the trouble this has caused and thank you for reaching out. The Android 12 beta version is being continuously updated. DJI is working on the compatibility with Android 12 and will continue to optimize in subsequent releases. As of the moment it is recommended that please use the said DJI drone with an Android 11. Thank you.
2021-11-29
Use props
DAFlys
Captain
Flight distance : 312090263 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

HeKToN Posted at 11-29 18:29
Thanks a lot. Returning this ASAP. Apparently all from DJI stay quiet. Absolute ridiculous. Amazing Hardware and lack of software development...

Sounds like the latest build for Android is working with the S21.
2021-12-1
Use props
HeKToN
lvl.1
United Kingdom

This conversation got a bit mixed up. No it doesn't as per fans9c. I can also confirm mavic 2 pro doesn't work with s21 ultra either. In fact now it doesnt even start the app. I literally upgraded yesterday to android 12.... and they released an update for android 11 ....
2021-12-1
Use props
DAFlys
Captain
Flight distance : 312090263 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

HeKToN Posted at 12-1 03:02
This conversation got a bit mixed up. No it doesn't as per fans9c. I can also confirm mavic 2 pro doesn't work with s21 ultra either. In fact now it doesnt even start the app. I literally upgraded yesterday to android 12.... and they released an update for android 11 ....

The latest fly app build 2025 is reported to work on S21 - https://forum.dji.com/forum.php? ... 6orderby%3Ddateline
2021-12-2
Use props
HeKToN
lvl.1
United Kingdom

Just to let you know I tried that and it doesn't support it. Also DJI go 4 crashes. So only option is to use an older phone but thats not worth the money.Checked YT and Google play. Simply I am arranging a return. Hopefully with the update of the drone in January and price drop I'll buy it again. But for now it's a no.
Screenshot_20211201-185141.jpg
2021-12-2
Use props
DowntownRDB
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 1722 ft
  • >>>
United States

I have a Samsung S21 Ultra (with snapdragon processor) and on Android 12 OS.  I currently have no problems with the DJI Fly App.  Have had 6 flights without any issue whatsoever on latest version.

However, I did a clean install of V1.5.1 2025 and not an update.  

My S21 also works with the DJI Mimo App but I do have to go into the mobile device settings and turn off Pro Mode in the camera settings.  

Maybe the issue is with S21s that have Exynos processors???
2021-12-4
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules