DJI FPV Won't Activate or Recognize iPhone/iPad
3368 8 2021-11-29
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
T34Bravo
lvl.1
United States

So I've had the DJI FPV for about a week and I've spent several hours trying to get it to activate via one of our iPhones (12, 12 Max, 11) or iPads (Mini, Air4) and nothing works.  I've downloaded the DJI Assistant 2 for FPV on my Mac and was able to update all of the firmware, but I can't activate it.  When all three components are powered on, they link fine and I can see video through the goggles, but in the lower right hand side of the screen it says 'Not Activated' and 'Air Database Error'.  I've tried about 10 different Apple cables and I've tried it with/without the OTG dongle provided with the drone.  This is beyond frustrating.  I've been trying to work with DJI product support but I get the impression they're googling the exact same things I am.  I've scoured these forums and YouTube and have tried everything I can find.  I've installed, de-installed, and re-installed the DJI Fly app from the Apple App store several times.  I've relinked all the components several times.  I've tried downgrading the firmware and selecting the 'DJI Digital FPV mode' trick.  We had a Phantom 4 Pro a fw years ago and it was a beautiful piece of engineering and technology.  Meanwhile, this DJI FPV is just about the worst product experience I've ever had.  Does anyone have any ideas?  I'd really appreciate it.  
2021-11-29
Use props
DJI Wanda
Administrator

Hello, there. Sorry for your inconvenience. Would you please send us a picture of the error message?
2021-11-29
Use props
T34Bravo
lvl.1
United States

Pictures of the error messages and setup below.  I've tried several different cables and mobile devices.  The USB port on the goggles works because it works with the DJI Assistant software.

2021-11-29
Use props
T34Bravo
lvl.1
United States

Still not working.  Any advice?
2021-12-2
Use props
fansfbd61f35
New

United States

T34Bravo Posted at 2021-12-2 17:29
Still not working.  Any advice?

I have the exact same issue.  Did you ever get a response? It is amazing that this is even an issue.  Called support and the person didn't have a clue.  Their recommendation is to return the unit.
2022-1-14
Use props
djiuser_O9iiiVxqBtvK
lvl.1

United States

Did you get this to work?
2022-2-2
Use props
T34Bravo
lvl.1
United States

fansfbd61f35 Posted at 1-14 18:25
I have the exact same issue.  Did you ever get a response? It is amazing that this is even an issue.  Called support and the person didn't have a clue.  Their recommendation is to return the unit.

After going back and forth w/ support, I sent it back to them (DJI provided a label) and they fixed it and sent it back w/i a couple weeks.  Turns out it was a bad circuit board or something.
2022-2-2
Use props
T34Bravo
lvl.1
United States

I went back and forth with DJI support via email.  Finally they sent me a mailing label to return it to them.  It looks like it was a bad circuit board or something.  They sent it back a couple weeks later and it works great now.  Definitely a pain in the rear but their support was pretty solid.  I ended up purchasing the extended warranty in case we have further issues.  Once it's working, is a very cool drone.
2022-2-2
Use props
kegsbdry
lvl.1
United States

You are having the exact same issue as me.  But mine app worked right out of the box but NOT after the update got installed.

I never got this drone off the ground & I have to send it back? Shame.
UPDATE: Chatted with their Customer Support.  We traced it to the USB-C needed to be flipped around (even though USB-C is universal and should work one way or the other) but that got my phone to connect through the goggles to the drone.  

Such a terrible answer, i know, but it's working now!  FLIP THE USB-C ADAPTER (which is the physical connection to your goggles) AROUND.  You'd think there shouldn't be any change, but you'll be surprised.  

2022-2-4
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules