2892 12 2021-11-30
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
COffe DE
lvl.2
Flight distance : 4352438 ft
  • >>>
Germany

Dear DJI: WHY?! Why do you switch for your Prosumer Drone DJI Mavic 3 from the stable DJI GO4 App to the DJI Fly App?! I can imagine why, but guys, this thing is so buggy - and from user side I can only say, that it was a huuuge mistake! I can't use the Fly App with my SAMSUNG S21+ - ok, it's not supported. But I can't use it with my iPad Mini (4) either. And that one is on the supported list.

So let's talk about the supported iPad Mini 4: I've stripped off everything I can, I'm not recording with it, I'm putting it into Flight Mode so nothing can slow it down. Most of the time it is ok, with a minor lag (more then I had with my Samsung on the Go4 and Mavic Pro 2).

But once I start flying, the video downlink from the Mavic 3 can be up to a second late! It's like the CPU wouldn't be able to handle the flight data + the video decoding.

Since DJI says, the Apple iPad Mini is compatible: What is the solution to this issue, dear DJI guys? And to take the shortcut: yes, I've already did a clean install and reinstalled the DJI Fly App twice. Not helping.

Looking forward to answers. And it can't be the answer, that I have to buy your overly overpriced new smart remote.

Chris

2021-11-30
Use props
DJI Wanda
Administrator

Hello, there. Sorry for your inconvenience. Would you please reinstall DJI FLY App from our website?
Here is the link: https://www.dji.com/downloads/djiapp/dji-fly
Please tell us your feedback after trying!
2021-11-30
Use props
COffe DE
lvl.2
  • >>>
Germany

DJI Wanda Posted at 11-30 03:57
Hello, there. Sorry for your inconvenience. Would you please reinstall DJI FLY App from our website?
Here is the link: https://www.dji.com/downloads/djiapp/dji-fly
Please tell us your feedback after trying!

Actually, that's what I did with my Samsung S21+ and that helped. Now I have an image transmission again. And it feels instantanious.

As for the iPad Mini - didn't help at all. Still haveing the same issues. And comparing it to the transmission of the Samsung - oh boy.

Chris
2021-11-30
Use props
DJI Wanda
Administrator

COffe DE Posted at 11-30 04:01
Actually, that's what I did with my Samsung S21+ and that helped. Now I have an image transmission again. And it feels instantanious.

As for the iPad Mini - didn't help at all. Still haveing the same issues. And comparing it to the transmission of the Samsung - oh boy.

Thanks for your reply. Would you please tell us the system version of your iPad Mini4?
2021-11-30
Use props
COffe DE
lvl.2
  • >>>
Germany

DJI Wanda Posted at 11-30 04:07
Thanks for your reply. Would you please tell us the system version of your iPad Mini4?

DJI Fly App 1.5.1

iPad mini 4 Softwareversion 15.1
it is the 128GB unit with LTE
110,37GB free
2021-11-30
Use props
Global34385
lvl.2
Flight distance : 30912 ft
Germany

COffe DE Posted at 11-30 04:12
DJI Fly App 1.5.1

iPad mini 4 Softwareversion 15.1

Same iPad mini 4 issue over here and similar system version like COffe DE. Mini 4 still works perfect with DJI GO 4 / M2P but noth with my DJI FLY / M3.

2021-11-30
Use props
COffe DE
lvl.2
  • >>>
Germany

Global34385 Posted at 11-30 06:21
Same iPad mini 4 issue over here and similar system version like COffe DE. Mini 4 still works perfect with DJI GO 4 / M2P but noth with my DJI FLY / M3.
[view_image]

Yes, it is kind of weird. I have no idea how the app works - but as a speculative guess, receiving the in flight data from the M3 plus the video stream seems to be to much for the iPad 4.  But again, just a wild guess.
2021-11-30
Use props
DowntownRDB
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 1722 ft
  • >>>
United States

COffe DE Posted at 11-30 09:12
Yes, it is kind of weird. I have no idea how the app works - but as a speculative guess, receiving the in flight data from the M3 plus the video stream seems to be to much for the iPad 4.  But again, just a wild guess.

Quite well could be that the amount of data being sent by the Mavic 3 is more than the iPad 4 processor can handle expeditiously.  
2021-11-30
Use props
djiuser_dHhojjNDnA7k
lvl.1

Portugal

Boas.
Acabei de adquirir um DJI mini 2 e tenho um Samsung S21 ultra.
Baixei o aplicativo direto do site da DJI, instalei, e na primeira utilização funcionou perfeitamente. Depois que fechei o app e mais tarde fui abrir outra vez, abriu e fechou rapidamente, e apareceu um mensagem de erro.
Pensei ser algum erro esporádico mas após reinstalar o app o resultado foi o mesmo.
Alguém poderia me ajudar a resolver isso?
Desde já agradeço a atenção.
2021-12-1
Use props
COffe DE
lvl.2
  • >>>
Germany

Any news on that specific issue with the iPad Mini?
2021-12-10
Use props
COffe DE
lvl.2
  • >>>
Germany

Any news here on the topic Ipad Mini + Flymore???
2021-12-15
Use props
DJI Wanda
Administrator

COffe DE Posted at 12-15 06:18
Any news here on the topic Ipad Mini + Flymore???

Hello, there. Sorry for the late response. Because the latest iOS 15 system has changed the power-supply demand for the mobile device, parts of the iPad series can not connect to remote controllers due to the gap in power supply. Our engineers are working against this issue to further confirm the reason and improve it. Apologize for any inconvenience brought. If you need to use an iPad to connect to the remote controller, you can bring a power bank by hand and charge the remote controller with it while connecting to your iPad. After App shows it is connected, remove the charging cable. We recommend you use a spare mobile device with an iOS or Android system.
2021-12-26
Use props
JoshatFTGDrones
lvl.2
Flight distance : 82 ft
  • >>>
United States

Hi Wanda, is this problem exclusive to the iPad Mini 4? Are other iPad Mini models affected by this bug?
2022-7-19
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules