How quickly should Intelligent Flight Batteries discharge?
7102 44 2021-11-30
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
No Original Thought
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1364209 ft
United Kingdom

Labroides Posted at 2-26 17:05
And as I already told you, you are wrong.
yeah ... you said that but you have no idea.

And yet you have stated elsewhere that that the Mini 2 batteries are no different to the Mavic Mini batteries*... But you expect us to believe that you know what you are talking about?

I do not believe that you have any inside information to know how DJI has designed it's batteries. You may have assumed that you know this based on what you have been told or have observed. I have observed that my batteries did not perform as described either by you or in the manual - the manual does not mention that testing checking the batteries will reset the discharge timing.

As the batteries begin discharging on day 1 (After 1 day the batteries are supposed to have discharged to 96%) I do not believe there even is a timer involved. When the batteries dondischarge they discharge continuously, though nonlinearly, which would imply there is no reset.

*(In another thread where I stared that the Mini 2 uses different batteries to the Mavic Mini, your response was "You are joking?")
2022-2-27
Use props
Labroides
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 9991457 ft
  • >>>
Australia

No Original Thought Posted at 2-27 04:03
And yet you have stated elsewhere that that the Mini 2 batteries are no different to the Mavic Mini batteries*... But you expect us to believe that you know what you are talking about?

I do not believe that you have any inside information to know how DJI has designed it's batteries. You may have assumed that you know this based on what you have been told or have observed. I have observed that my batteries did not perform as described either by you or in the manual - the manual does not mention that testing checking the batteries will reset the discharge timing.

I do not believe that you have any inside information to know how DJI has dsigned it's batteries.
I've never claimed any inside information.
But I tried to point out to you the information that previous batteries auto-discharging is interrupted by checking the battery status.
I don't know and haven't claimed to know what or if DJI might have changed for the Mini 2 batteries

the manual does not mention that testing checking the batteries will reset the discharge timing.
Manuals for previous models didn't mention it either, but it was a fact of battery life that was easily confirmed and well known to DJI flyers.
DJI's documentation is far from complete and correct.

2022-2-27
Use props
fans5fad8194
lvl.4
Flight distance : 8320997 ft
United States

Does inserting the battery into the charging hub without pressing the test button interrupt the discharge cycle?
2022-5-19
Use props
djiuser_huuL9Tb4kJNI
lvl.1

United Kingdom

DJI Stephen Posted at 2021-11-30 19:13
Hello there. Good day and thank you for reaching out. The DJI Mini 2 has an Auto-Discharging Function to prevent swelling. The battery automatically discharges to approximately 96% of the battery level when it is idle for one day, and automatically discharges to approximately 72% of the battery level when it is idle for five days. It is normal to feel moderate heat being emitted from the battery during the discharging process. In addition, I will post a link where in you can find the DJI Mini 2 Disclaimer and Safety Guidelines user manual ( https://dl.djicdn.com/downloads/DJI_Mini_2/DJI_Mini_2_Disclaimer_and_Safety_Guidelines_12.pdf ). Thank you.

[view_image]

We should be able to adjust discharge time manually and not to leave for twelve days to discharge to 60%
2022-12-25
Use props
Johnny_J
Second Officer

Sweden

diesel97 Posted at 2021-12-1 14:21
How do you update the battery firmware? I have read you have to do each battery one at a time but is that in the drone when charging?

One at a time? How else?
One in your closet, one in your drone and one you cannot find. All uppdated now!
2022-12-26
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules