3D Area Map (Terrain + Vertical Structure)
1274 2 2021-11-30
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
blunt___
lvl.1
United States

Hi all,

I'm trying to 3D area map a construction site and in it there is one story vertical structure using the Mavic PRO Platinum and the GS PRO. I used software called 3DF Zephyr to reconstruct the 3D model of the area but unfortunately the building structure, other structures and trees did not look good. Below are the settings I used in GS PRO. I also attached is the photo of the 3D model.

The software has an Image Quality Index utility and scored the images at 12.00 MP.

What is the issue here? Is it the Mavic PRO low Res. Camera, the Camera settings or the GS PRO Settings?

Any help or pointers is greatly appreciated.

Thank you....

https://imgur.com/a/Jy0qS3E

Camera Model: Mavic PRO Camera
Shooting Angle: Course Aligned
Capture Mode: Capture at Equal Time Interval
Flight Course Mode: Inside Mode
Speed 3.1 MPH
Shutter Intv. 2.0 SEC
Height: 100 FT
Resolution 0.9 CM/PX
Front Overlap Ratio 90%
Side Overlap Ratio 80%
Course Angle 0
Margin 0.0 FT
Gimbal Pitch Angle -90.0
2021-11-30
Use props
PreChass
lvl.1
Flight distance : 1316 ft

Austria

Hey blunt,

maby it has somthing to do with the snow. I do alot of UAV mapping of mining areas and I always try to avoid new fallen snow.
Snow and water areas are very hard to compute for these softwares. I am using PIX4d mapper and ran into the same problems as you.
Have you tried mapping with it in good waether conditions. If it works there then the snow is the problem.
Otherwise I can only think of incorrect parameters in the software. But I am not familiar with Zephyr.
Your mapping seetings look good. It should work for small areas.
I usually choose FRONT: 75% and  Side 75% in 120 meters height. but these setting are for large scale mapping.

Best regards and sorry for ...ty english! ;D
2021-12-7
Use props
teemutityz
lvl.1

United States

Aimir CG is an architectural visualization company based in China, delivering consistent art quality 3D rendering services and animations worldwide. We are fast, efficient and always deliver on time. Our professionalism and communication skills make us easy to work with and the end product was nothing short of impressive!
2023-7-6
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules