642 5 2021-11-30
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
fans1e93bf23
lvl.2
Flight distance : 689337 ft
  • >>>
Ireland

Hi my sons mavic pro 2 was lost in Dublin City Centre.

Utterly stupid of him how and where he was flying. But i was wondering if anybody could help me here? i'm trying to figure out last location. the remote lost connection and it was saying gps signal lost. he was getting shots of park, and wind took it so he went to land in large field, where last location is. he got no rth indication and it was showing as gps lost. remote went to relink drone screen.

heres a link to flight txt
https://www.phantomhelp.com/LogViewer/XA1QT39BSMUFSTT2DIIU/
2021-11-30
Use props
JJB*
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 12225059 ft
  • >>>
Netherlands

Hi,

Flight started with only 6 satellites....
After 40 seconds finally enough sats and good reception to set HomePoint.
See chart for location. [ 53.3388243, -6.26023436 ]
Oops, HP was set above water....

End of  the flight 3 short disconnects, if after the last one (#4) your drone into RTH than with 31% battery level it should have reached HP and landed there.
Guess no obstacles flying at 516 feet....
If ofcourse Mavic2 could fight the wind, at 11m52 in flight drone heading was towards home, with 100% forward stick ; drone drifting backwards.
Last inputs 100% forward stick flying 030....HP was the opposite direction.

My conclusion ; in RTH your Mavic2 drifted further backwards until battery level dictates to land, as landing from 500 feet altitude take some time.
Hard to guess where it has landed.

cheers
JJB

analysis1.png
analysis2.png
2021-11-30
Use props
fans1e93bf23
lvl.2
Flight distance : 689337 ft
  • >>>
Ireland

thanks for that!
2021-11-30
Use props
Labroides
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 9991457 ft
  • >>>
Australia

Your son was never going to have that drone for long.
His flight data shows no understanding of even basic drone flying skills.
He launched without GPS and flew an unknown distance before the drone acquired GPS and recorded a homepoint well away from where he launched.
He flew in a strong gusty wind - at 400 ft the drone had to fight to hold position in the stronger gusts.
He took the drone up to 750 ft where it was unable to hold position because to the wind velocity, and then went even higher to 940 ft.
At that height the wind speed in gusts was more than the Mavic 2's top speed in P-GPS mode and the drone was being blown away at up to 3.5 metres/sec while fighting to hold position.

There were numerous warnings on the screen as well as the increasing distance, but the flyer was oblivious to these and let the drone be blown away.
He made no effort to bring the drone back closer to home and left it up, much too high in the stronger winds at altitude.

At around 12 minutes with the battery at 35% and the drone 460 metres away, he made some effort to fly towards home and found that the drone was still being blown backwards by the wind.

At around 12:20, the drone was still 560 ft up, he became totally disoriented and started flying away from home, taking it further away at speed.

Signal was lost at 12:55 when the drone had been flown to a point 580 metres away.
It was still at 520 feet and being blown backwards.
When signal was lost, it would have initiated RTH, but the drone would not have been able to make headway against the headwind at that height.
There is no indication of GPS being lost.

As the incident happened 4 weeks ago, the chances of finding to drone now are minimal.
2021-11-30
Use props
GaryDoug
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1264639 ft
  • >>>
United States

Labroides Posted at 11-30 14:45
Your son was never going to have that drone for long.
His flight data shows no understanding of even basic drone flying skills.
He launched without GPS and flew an unknown distance before the drone acquired GPS and recorded a homepoint well away from where he launched.

"At around 12:20, the drone was still 560 ft up, he became totally disoriented and started flying away from home, taking it further away at speed."

I think the OP explained that as trying to reach the open field to the north.
",,,wind took it so he went to land in large field, where last location is"

Of course the problem with that is at that distance it would lose communication as it descended and then it would go into RTH mode.

2021-11-30
Use props
DJI Stephen
DJI team

Hello there. I am sorry to read and to know what happened to your DJI Mavic 2 Pro. Since this unfortunate incident happened and you have lost the said drone. I would recommend for you to contact our DJI Support Team at https://www.dji.com/support?site=brandsite&from=nav for further assistance. We have a team that will do there best to help you and give out the best resolution for the said issue. Again, I am sorry for your loss and thank you.
2021-11-30
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules