Controller Static Noise
903 6 2021-11-30
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
brian-bard
lvl.1

United States

My PH4 RTK controller has always had a fairly loud static noise coming from the speakers. It's not really an issue in the field, but when I'm in the office it getts pretty annoying.

I have gone through the settings and turned down every volume option I could find, but none of them make a difference. Anyone have this issue? Know how to fix it?

I also would like to be able to turn off low battery warnings so I don't have to listen to it beep for three minutes while it is returning to home. Also not a huge issue, but it would be noce to have an option to silence any alarms.

2021-11-30
Use props
JetSam
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 3462946 ft
  • >>>
Spain

Welcome Brian- bard ! try to lengthen the distance between the remote and the device, maybe that's the reason
2021-11-30
Use props
brian-bard
lvl.1

United States

JetSam Posted at 11-30 08:58
Welcome Brian- bard ! try to lengthen the distance between the remote and the device, maybe that's the reason

The noise is there no matter what, even with the aircraft off.

To clarify, it's not like a crackle static noise, it's more like a constant hiss/white noise. Similar to an old tv that wasn't tuned to a station (pretty old reference, but that's the closest thing I can think of).
2021-11-30
Use props
JetSam
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
Spain

brian-bard Posted at 11-30 09:10
The noise is there no matter what, even with the aircraft off.

To clarify, it's not like a crackle static noise, it's more like a constant hiss/white noise. Similar to an old tv that wasn't tuned to a station (pretty old reference, but that's the closest thing I can think of).

I have that noise when I bring the remote too close to the device
2021-11-30
Use props
brian-bard
lvl.1

United States

JetSam Posted at 11-30 09:20
I have that noise when I bring the remote too close to the device

By "device" you mean the drone right? But yeah the noise doesn't seem related to the drone at all. I was in my office loading a flight earlier and the drone was in the basement, in the case, off, and the noise was on.
2021-11-30
Use props
JetSam
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
Spain

brian-bard Posted at 11-30 10:21
By "device" you mean the drone right? But yeah the noise doesn't seem related to the drone at all. I was in my office loading a flight earlier and the drone was in the basement, in the case, off, and the noise was on.

yes i mean device : drone
2021-11-30
Use props
patiam
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 1118740 ft
  • >>>
United States

are you certain the noise is coming from the speaker?
2021-12-1
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules