Lens Barrel Distortion on My Mavic 3 Pro or Rolling Shutter Effect?
1432 4 2021-11-30
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Maxi3D
Second Officer
Flight distance : 307621 ft
  • >>>
United States

I have a stardard M3P and I have noticed on my video that there is a noticible lens barrel distortions in the upper right and left corners of the images. The skyscrapers in the distant are leaning either right or left. I first thought it was caused by the rolling shutter effects when I panned left or right, but when I stop panning the buildings are still leaning. Is that normal?
My video setting are 4K 30 fps in the main camera. Color is normal mode, f stop is 4, ISO 100.

Upper left corner

Upper left corner

Is this normal

Is this normal
Lens barrel distortion Upper right corner.png
2021-11-30
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
Flight distance : 9827923 ft
  • >>>
Ireland

That’s not lens barrel distortion, its more like rolling shutter which is common in electronic shutter.
2021-11-30
Use props
Maxi3D
Second Officer
  • >>>
United States

hallmark007 Posted at 11-30 11:28
That’s not lens barrel distortion, its more like rolling shutter which is common in electronic shutter.

I thought it was rolling shutter too, but the image is stationary with no movement with the drone. My photo has the same distortion.  Maybe my yaw setting is tuned too soft of a stop. Could be the drone was still turning while the image was taken. More testing is needed.

2021-11-30
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
Flight distance : 9827923 ft
  • >>>
Ireland

Maxi3D Posted at 11-30 12:06
I thought it was rolling shutter too, but the image is stationary with no movement with the drone. My photo has the same distortion.  Maybe my yaw setting is tuned too soft of a stop. Could be the drone was still turning while the image was taken. More testing is needed.

I’m not sure why it happened movement wind etc, it looks wrong. But distortion or barrel distortion would be seen on the horizon. Maybe go test when you get a chance .
2021-11-30
Use props
Maxi3D
Second Officer
  • >>>
United States

hallmark007 Posted at 11-30 12:57
I’m not sure why it happened movement wind etc, it looks wrong. But distortion or barrel distortion would be seen on the horizon. Maybe go test when you get a chance .

Thanks, Hallmark007!
2021-11-30
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules