Aerial Still Pictures
1191 8 2021-11-30
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
CoachTooz
lvl.1
Flight distance : 224813 ft
United States

Hi guys, I'm looking to invest in a new drone. The only thing I use my drone for is for pictures of landscape projects and want the highest quality camera I can get. I don't care as much about the video.  I was looking at one online review that showed the Mavic Air 2 as having a 48mp camera, but don't know much about cameras. Do you guys have any recommendations?
2021-11-30
Use props
DAFlys
Captain
Flight distance : 312090263 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

The best quality camera is on the Mavic 3.   Thats the only one with variable aperture and 4/3rds sensor.   The 48mp on the Air2s is done through a 12mp sensor and a bayer filter.
2021-12-1
Use props
CoachTooz
lvl.1
United States

Thank you. Eek, $2200? I was hoping to find something cheaper. I might have to save up. Maybe I can find a used one.
2021-12-1
Use props
DowntownRDB
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 1722 ft
  • >>>
United States

I have the Air 2 and fly it regularly.  I was contemplating on getting the Mavic 3 that was just released but based on the price and the missing functions that aren't due to release until early 2022 I decided to hold off as the Air 2 does great for photos.  Was thinking of upgrading to the Air 2S as it has a bigger sensor and does a bit better in low light conditions but holding off for now.  For landscape projects you can't go wrong with the Air 2.  
2021-12-1
Use props
CoachTooz
lvl.1
United States

Thanks. I am definitely leaning more towards the Air2 as $2200 for just taking pictures doesn't seem like the best financial decision.
2021-12-1
Use props
digibud
Second Officer
Flight distance : 7820246 ft
  • >>>
United States

CoachTooz Posted at 12-1 14:23
Thanks. I am definitely leaning more towards the Air2 as $2200 for just taking pictures doesn't seem like the best financial decision.

I am guessing that dozens of us on this forum have made many bad decisions.:0)
2021-12-16
Use props
CoachTooz
lvl.1
United States

I'm still back and forth as I've been watching a lot of YouTube videos. I do like the fact that the Mavic 3 is better in low light sky pictures, which is something that definitely interests me. I just had spending (over) double the price for just a little bit difference in quality.
2021-12-17
Use props
Dong ZeYuan
lvl.4
Flight distance : 57060 ft
United States

The best quality has the Mavic 3.
2021-12-21
Use props
AlansDronePics
First Officer
Flight distance : 814751 ft
Guernsey

Perhaps you should show us the quality you would accept. People's interpretation of quality varies greatly. I have a friend who only uses a smart phone to produce stunning landscape photos on island that sell well. My point being, camera quality does not translate to a picture worth seeing, no matter how fantastic or expensive the camera might be.
2021-12-22
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules