Who All Has Returned Their M3 Due to Issues?
2374 49 2021-11-30
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Charles Adams
Second Officer
Flight distance : 3821312 ft
  • >>>
United States

I exchanged my first one with a replacement yesterday (I'm lucky enough to have a DJI store local to me).  The first one was operating just fine until yesterday, then it went bad fast.  I'm hopeful for this replacement unit, as the battery life already seems marginally improved compared to the first unit.
2021-12-7
Use props
MANTRAIN
lvl.1

United States

I just picked up my Mavic 3 today to augment my Air2S.

I am not going to say the M3 is superior to the A2S but oooh the camera on the M3 is really breathtaking I think.  It is surprising how nice the image quality is, kind a reminds me of how when you first see an OLED screen you are amazed at how nice the displayed image is.

Sad thing is I cannot fly my M3 anywhere in the town where I live because 5 miles away there is a small municipl airport and even though I live in a blue zone,  (red zone is a few blocks away or less even) I still cannot fly my new drone I even drive 2 miles away from where the blue zone begins and still cannot fly it!

Sorry that is just wrong.

I paid $3k for this setup and I cannot even fly it due to overly restrictive software!

Now that is disappointing. My  A2S is much less restrictive -- but is not as nice of a camera and not as smooth overall.
also it is not recognizing my SD card.

Right now the Air2S beats the pants off the M3 because the former can fly in blue zones and recognize micro sd cards.
2021-12-8
Use props
akozc
Second Officer
Flight distance : 2019951 ft
Hong Kong

MeAtHome Posted at 12-1 09:47
Commodore even had a larger market share. But within a few years they disappeared from the market; like many other brands since.The higher the flight, the deeper the fall...

hahaha i know now how old are u ....
2021-12-10
Use props
akozc
Second Officer
Flight distance : 2019951 ft
Hong Kong

i was at the edge nearly to buy M3Cine
after reading all these comments I feel myself kind of lucky  didn't bund hard earned money for this prematurely born creature
2021-12-10
Use props
AntDX316
First Officer
Flight distance : 3394731 ft
  • >>>
United States

GoPro 9 had big issues with the memory card failing and losing All data.  Lots of users reported this and even across many GoPro 9 copies.  Using a cheaper and slower memory card seemed to fix all those problems.  The issues people are having seem to be hardware related.  A problem with QA and probably suppliers not putting the parts that were designed as intended.  It's like when American suppliers for the government said they are putting a certain type of metal but cheated the government and used something cheaper.  I haven't used the M3 first-hand but certainly if I did I would say everything that is wrong with it.
2021-12-10
Use props
mischakeijser
lvl.1
Netherlands

Tested 4, and returned 2 examples. All suffered from the magenta color cast problem. Using the phantom 4 and M2pro instead again. Completely unusable for landscape work in winter.
2022-1-21
Use props
mischakeijser
lvl.1
Netherlands

Travelwild Posted at 2021-12-3 05:43
i sent the M3 for a repair cause an issue with the camera board purple tint on the side of pictures and videos

En they will probably sent it back with 'within specs', without repair.
2022-1-21
Use props
NGC
Second Officer
Flight distance : 50003 ft
  • >>>
United States

Tip: the author has been banned or deleted automatically shield
2022-1-21
Use props
Charles Adams
Second Officer
Flight distance : 3821312 ft
  • >>>
United States

NGC Posted at 1-21 13:34
I suspect there’s going to be another big bolus of people returning their Mavic 3s if the next fw update doesn’t fix the satellite issue.

I'll be disappointed, but I won't return it.  I suspect you are right that there will be lots of unhappy M3 owners.
2022-1-21
Use props
NGC
Second Officer
Flight distance : 50003 ft
  • >>>
United States

Tip: the author has been banned or deleted automatically shield
2022-1-21
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now