634 10 2021-11-30
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
dmtn
lvl.2
Flight distance : 48957 ft
  • >>>
United States

This is the last drone that I have still using old Go4 app on an Iphone 13. My Mavig Air2s and mini and new Mavic 3 all work flawlessly and I have over 10 years experience flying drones. With that being said, I can't figure this one out. I fly my old Mavic 2 Pro almost every night. Sometimes it fly's without a hitch. Sometimes it will lose connection and them 3-5 seconds later get it back again. It will do that constantly until it triggers the RTH or I land it. I have not tried the cable to the phone because the controller itself will say "connecting" on it. That leads me to believe the actual controller is losing signal, But I have 5 bars right before it does it. All hardware and software is up to date with latest firmware.

Any Ideas??

2021-11-30
Use props
JJB*
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 12225059 ft
  • >>>
Netherlands

true connection fail or only video loss?

ulpoad your log, log will tell more than guessing....

cheers
JJB
2021-11-30
Use props
dmtn
lvl.2
  • >>>
United States

2021-11-30
Use props
dmtn
lvl.2
  • >>>
United States

JJB* Posted at 11-30 11:45
true connection fail or only video loss?

ulpoad your log, log will tell more than guessing....

i'll take a screenshot, but trust me it is not a weak signal according to my controller.Seems like a software issue over a mechanical to me, but have not had time to troubleshoot. I will try different cable next time.Probably use the usb to iPhone connection that is at the bottom.
2021-11-30
Use props
DJI Stephen
DJI team

Hello there dmtn. I am sorry for the trouble this has caused and thank you for reaching out. Kindly please try using a different recommended mobile device for the DJI Go 4 application ( https://www.dji.com/downloads/products/mavic-2 ) to see if the issue will still persist? Can you please fly your DJI Mavic 2 Pro to a different location with less interference to see if the issue will still persist? The said DJI drone might have picked up magnetic interference on the ground, and you took off from close to a buildings with rebar concrete metal objects on it. In addition please make sure that the antennas are pointed toward the aircraft for optimal transmission. Thank you.

2021-11-30
Use props
DAFlys
Captain
Flight distance : 312090263 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Is this always in the same spot,  you might have some interference?
2021-12-1
Use props
dmtn
lvl.2
  • >>>
United States

DAFlys Posted at 12-1 01:06
Is this always in the same spot,  you might have some interference?

No it’s happened in multiple places I took it back there again last night it flew perfectly fine. I even unplugged the USB cord that I use and plugged it back in midflight just to get a disconnection but it kept the connection from the controller to the aircraft. When this happened to me in the above post the aircraft was disconnected from the controller.
2021-12-1
Use props
FloridaNext
Second Officer
Flight distance : 62320 ft
Germany

dmtn Posted at 12-1 07:39
No it’s happened in multiple places I took it back there again last night it flew perfectly fine. I even unplugged the USB cord that I use and plugged it back in midflight just to get a disconnection but it kept the connection from the controller to the aircraft. When this happened to me in the above post the aircraft was disconnected from the controller.

Once after updating to a new firmware exactly the same happened to me too. No offense but have you re-linked the AC with the RC yet? This permanently fixed it for me.
2021-12-1
Use props
dmtn
lvl.2
  • >>>
United States

FloridaNext Posted at 12-1 09:13
Once after updating to a new firmware exactly the same happened to me too. No offense but have you re-linked the AC with the RC yet? This permanently fixed it for me.

I’m not offended at all. I will try that sounds interesting.
Thanks
2021-12-1
Use props
dmtn
lvl.2
  • >>>
United States

Looks like relinking the drone to the controller was the answer. Thank you
2021-12-2
Use props
dmtn