Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
8th replacement air 2s and this one has a strange fan sound!
2042 34 2021-11-30
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Islandvisions
lvl.1
Flight distance : 19213 ft
  • >>>
United States

Pretty much what the title says! I have had issue after issue, and I picked up a new air 2s today and yet again I am having issues! This one has a strange sound from the internal fan motor! https://www.iwmetservice.co.uk/wp-content/uploads/pollen/video-1638300481.mp4?_t=1638300734
Is this something I can just put up with, I mean will it eventually cause an issue or is it OK?
2021-11-30
Use props
Visual Air
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 2710115 ft
  • >>>
Canada

Completely Normal sound to me. The fan is running that's a pretty simple observation.
2021-11-30
Use props
Islandvisions
lvl.1
  • >>>
United States

Visual Air Posted at 11-30 11:55
Completely Normal sound to me. The fan is running that's a pretty simple observation.

To be honest it sounds very different to all the other ones (bar one). The others just hissed whereas this buzzes. Maybe the others just had superior fans? I mean as in quality or something? Maybe im just getting OTT now after so much bad luck!

Thanks for the reply
2021-11-30
Use props
DJI Natalia
Administrator

Hi Islandvisions, I'm sorry to hear about your confusion. Could you please check if there is an error message prompt in your app? Normally, if there is an issue with the drone, there will be an error message prompt to let you know. Thanks.
2021-11-30
Use props
Fat_Panda
lvl.1

Hong Kong

Normal Sound
2021-11-30
Use props
DowntownRDB
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 1722 ft
  • >>>
United States

I think your luck has finally changed as that sounds normal.  Happy flying.
2021-12-1
Use props
Labroides
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 9991457 ft
  • >>>
Australia

Is this something I can just put up with?
If you've had 8 replacements, there's probably nothing that you could put up with.

Having a genuine problem that needs replacing is uncommon, but it happens.
Having it happen twice would be bad luck and very rare.
Having it happen 8 times is unbelievable and indicates that there's a problem with the person involved, not the drones.
2021-12-1
Use props
Islandvisions
lvl.1
  • >>>
United States

Labroides Posted at 12-1 13:36
Is this something I can just put up with?
If you've had 8 replacements, there's probably nothing that you could put up with.

What an arrogant comment!!!!!
The drones that were faulty were inspected and tested and found to be faulty!!!! How dare you accuse me of being the problem!!!! You absolute a-hole!!!!
Oh and for your information I have been professionally flying drones and aircraft for over 10 years! Also I currently own a DJI mini 2, a Mavic Pro and a Mavic pro 2 and none of these have any faults like I have reported, also each one of my air 2s's had their own unique fault!

1st arrived damaged, 2nd kept losing signal mid flight, 3rd was completely blurred on rght of lens, 4th had a larged blurred patch mid upper image/video, 5th had a noise from the internal fan motor that sounded like a dying cat and was so extremely loud, also emitted a strange smell that resembled a burnt out clutch in a car, 6th had a big blurred patch centre/lower right (i uploaded pics of this before), 7th had 2 prop motors sounding absolutely awful and got extremely hot even after just 5 minutes flying time, and this one 8 which I have discovered has a slightly blurred patch on screen near center right but I can cope with it and a sight buzzing with the internal fan motor, but as it was only ever so slight I thought I would come here to ask people opinions, not be judged!!!!!

Oh and I thought I should also add that I took images with the blurred lens ones along with recording the sounds of the bad motors, all of which I will be happy to upload, just to prove my point that you shouldn't judge someone without knowing the facts first abd also to prove you completely and absolutely wrong!!!
2021-12-1
Use props
Islandvisions
lvl.1
  • >>>
United States

DowntownRDB Posted at 12-1 04:40
I think your luck has finally changed as that sounds normal.  Happy flying.

Thank you
2021-12-1
Use props
Labroides
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
Australia

Islandvisions Posted at 12-1 13:41
The drones that were faulty were inspected and tested and found to be faulty!!!! How dare you accuse me of being the problem!!!! You absolute a-hole!!!!
Oh and for your information I have been professionally flying drones and aircraft for over 10 years! Also I currently own a DJI mini 2, a Mavic Pro and a Mavic pro 2 and none of these have any faults like I have reported, also each one of my air 2s's had their own unique fault!

Don't bother uploading anything.
I flat out don't believe that 7 drones in a row were faulty.
If the company had that many problems with quality control, they would have never got to the place they have in the market.

I, 2 3 .... perhaps, but past that it's pointing to you.
Do you have similar problems with other items you buy?
2021-12-1
Use props
Islandvisions
lvl.1
  • >>>
United States

Labroides Posted at 12-1 14:31
Don't bother uploading anything.
I flat out don't believe that 7 drones in a row were faulty.
If the company had that many problems with quality control, they would have never got to the place they have in the market.

Of course you wont believe it, so I will upload the clips and photos to prove you wrong. This may take a while to get them all in one place.
I will start with the pics as I know where I saved them.
2021-12-1
Use props
Labroides
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
Australia

Islandvisions Posted at 12-1 14:33
Of course you wont believe it, so I will upload the clips and photos to prove you wrong. This may take a while to get them all in one place.
I will start with the pics as I know where I saved them.

Don't waste your time and effort.
Go out and enjoy flying your drone instead.
2021-12-1
Use props
Islandvisions
lvl.1
  • >>>
United States

Labroides Posted at 12-1 14:36
Don't waste your time and effort.
Go out and enjoy flying your drone instead.

Whilst I totally agree with you there, I feel I need to prove my point as I have been accused of being the problem, not the drones
2021-12-1
Use props
Labroides
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
Australia

Islandvisions Posted at 12-1 14:37
Whilst I totally agree with you there, I feel I need to prove my point as I have been accused of being the problem, not the drones

Take it from me ... you don't need to.
Really ...stop overthinking things and  just go and enjoy flying the drone.
2021-12-1
Use props
Islandvisions
lvl.1
  • >>>
United States

No way that is normal! Another with a completely out of focus patch! Problem is that I need this drone for high photo quality as they will be printed and having something like that is no use to me at all.
I am now beginning to realise there is a theme here and I think no matter what I do there is always going to be something like this. Even my DJI mini 2 is way sharper with no bad spots. Just a shame the res isn't so high on it.
2021-12-2
Use props
DowntownRDB
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 1722 ft
  • >>>
United States

You're very welcome.  
2021-12-2
Use props
Labroides
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
Australia

Islandvisions Posted at 12-2 04:19
[view_image] [view_image]

No way that is normal! Another with a completely out of focus patch! Problem is that I need this drone for high photo quality as they will be printed and having something like that is no use to me at all.

No way that is normal! Another with a completely out of focus patch!
If you want to check image quality, do it with a subject that has hard detail rather than the soft detail of a million distant thin twigs.
It's hard to know if that's actually a lens or focus issue or simply compression artifacts.
Shoot a well lit house wall from 20 ft or something like that and then check for sharp detail.

Was that the full image you posted, or just a zoomed in section?
It only measures 1500 x 1000 pixels so it's not a full-size image.
Are you looking at the actual full-size image from the SD card or a cached thumbnail?

I am now beginning to realise there is a theme here and I think no matter what I do there is always going to be something like this.
Hmm ... didn't someone suggest something like that already?

2021-12-2
Use props
Islandvisions
lvl.1
  • >>>
United States

Re-uploading, this reply wont let me upload for some reason!

2021-12-3
Use props
Islandvisions
lvl.1
  • >>>
United States

There wouldn't be compression artefacts as I used a DNG file and even though I converted to jpeg to upload, it wouldn't compress enough to cause any issues first time round.
The images are reduced in size to upload, but the cropped one is a 100% crop on the previous image and on this one.  

There is absolutely no way this is normal.

I have added a third image so you can see the normal, high quality sharpness vs the blurred strangeness on the right.

I have uploaded a third image so you can compare the amazing quality to the left and the horrible, fuzzy blurred area to the right.
2021-12-3
Use props
Hrodnand
lvl.4
Flight distance : 2972293 ft
Romania

Islandvisions Posted at 12-3 02:05
There wouldn't be compression artefacts as I used a NEF file and even though I converted to jpeg to upload, it wouldn't compress enough to cause any issues first time round.
The images are reduced in size to upload, but the cropped one is a 100% crop on the previous image and on this one.  

I've noticed these blurred patches on my photos as well. Haven't been able to come up with a better solution than to apply sharpness/clarity locally, using radial filter in Lightroom.
2021-12-3
Use props
Islandvisions
lvl.1
  • >>>
United States

Hrodnand Posted at 12-3 03:27
I've noticed these blurred patches on my photos as well. Haven't been able to come up with a better solution than to apply sharpness/clarity locally, using radial filter in Lightroom.

Ahh
You would have thought that they would have picked up on this as it is clearly a quality control issue.
I have had multiple ones that have had a patch like this and not always in the same place either, and I have found that if you managed to focus on the exact spot when taking a photo, the rest of the image ends up being out of focus!
2021-12-3
Use props
Hrodnand
lvl.4
Romania

Islandvisions Posted at 12-3 03:39
Ahh  
You would have thought that they would have picked up on this as it is clearly a quality control issue.
I have had multiple ones that have had a patch like this and not always in the same place either, and I have found that if you managed to focus on the exact spot when taking a photo, the rest of the image ends up being out of focus!

I think I saw this issue being mentioned here at least 10 times already, with multiple photos being posted from various users to provide proof. No official statement came from DJI though.
What saddens me is that these patches appear even on top-down shots, where depth of field isn't that relevant, yet the blurry parts still remain quite visible.
2021-12-3
Use props
Islandvisions
lvl.1
  • >>>
United States

Hrodnand Posted at 12-3 03:58
I think I saw this issue being mentioned here at least 10 times already, with multiple photos being posted from various users to provide proof. No official statement came from DJI though.
What saddens me is that these patches appear even on top-down shots, where depth of field isn't that relevant, yet the blurry parts still remain quite visible.

Ahh I wasn't even aware! I will check those posts out shortly....if I can find them
2021-12-3
Use props
Labroides
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
Australia

Islandvisions Posted at 12-3 06:02
Ahh I wasn't even aware! I will check those posts out shortly....if I can find them

Meanwhile, if you are so convinced that the camera has problems producing a properly focused image, you could confirm that by test shooting a well lit house wall at close range.
But only if you really want to see what the problem is.
2021-12-3
Use props
Islandvisions
lvl.1
  • >>>
United States

Labroides Posted at 12-3 13:27
Meanwhile, if you are so convinced that the camera has problems producing a properly focused image, you could confirm that by test shooting a well lit house wall at close range.
But only if you really want to see what the problem is.

To be honest it shows very very clearly on just normal shots, and I have sent the images to a "drone doctor" who confirms that he has had multiple people report the same issue and also confirms that my images are very much in line with those too and that the issue isn't sensor related but poorly manufactured lens elements. He suggests I send it back and try and order one from the newer stock, although he doesn't say how I can do that last part!
2021-12-3
Use props
Labroides
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
Australia

Islandvisions Posted at 12-3 14:12
To be honest it shows very very clearly on just normal shots, and I have sent the images to a "drone doctor" who confirms that he has had multiple people report the same issue and also confirms that my images are very much in line with those too and that the issue isn't sensor related but poorly manufactured lens elements. He suggests I send it back and try and order one from the newer stock, although he doesn't say how I can do that last part!

To be honest it shows very very clearly on just normal shots.
Then why show the shots you did as your example?
Wouldn't it make more sense to clearly see the extent of the weird softness without all the distraction of all that distant soft detail?
But if a "drone doctor" (whatever that is) has commented ......

2021-12-3
Use props
GaryDoug
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1264639 ft
  • >>>
United States

I don't see issues with the posted images. But then they may not be looking the same on my pc. Or my old eyes cannot tell the difference.

On the third image I do see blurs on the left as well, but mostly on houses of the same tan/beige color. The high contrast white and black houses look good all over the image. Again ... just my eyes.

2021-12-3
Use props
Islandvisions
lvl.1
  • >>>
United States

To be totally honest I am surprised this isn't extremely obvious to some people, whereas others can see it clearly.
I am a professional photographer of over 20 years and I know when there is an image problem, im not just being difficult or trying to make a problem when there isn't one.
Also this (as I have now found out) is a common fault and many, many people are reporting the same issue, including on this thread too! So why I am not being believed by some, despite the clear issue with the image is beyond me.

blurred

blurred
2021-12-4
Use props
dr6583
lvl.4
Flight distance : 490627 ft
United States

Islandvisions Posted at 12-1 13:41
Oh and for your information I have been professionally flying drones and aircraft for over 10 years! Also I currently own a DJI mini 2, a Mavic Pro and a Mavic pro 2 and none of these have any faults like I have reported, also each one of my air 2s's had their own unique fault!

I do Apple tech support and I can personally attest to the fact that sometimes, albeit rare, the consumer will get faulty hardware after faulty hardware after even more faulty hardware.  If I didn't see the diagnostics with my own two eyes I would not have believed the same consumer can have so many problems.  Apple, like DJI, has pretty darn good hardware that most consumers will never have an issue with.  But there is always an outlier and your case sounds like one.

Best not to get into spats over it here though.

All that said, there are cases where user error (or unfeasible expectations) cause multiple call ins.  So, in the end, only you know which category you are in.  An outlier in the statistics, or the latter.  As deep as you're into these problems, consider keeping close contact with DJI Support and follow their lead.  Yes, you can get good advice and opinions here but as you have discovered there is also the troll factor.
2021-12-4
Use props
Islandvisions
lvl.1
  • >>>
United States

dr6583 Posted at 12-4 03:40
I do Apple tech support and I can personally attest to the fact that sometimes, albeit rare, the consumer will get faulty hardware after faulty hardware after even more faulty hardware.  If I didn't see the diagnostics with my own two eyes I would not have believed the same consumer can have so many problems.  Apple, like DJI, has pretty darn good hardware that most consumers will never have an issue with.  But there is always an outlier and your case sounds like one.

That is actually good advice. Thank you. I will follow it
2021-12-4
Use props
dr6583
lvl.4
Flight distance : 490627 ft
United States

Islandvisions Posted at 12-4 03:44
That is actually good advice. Thank you. I will follow it

Your'e welcome.
2021-12-4
Use props
Labroides
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
Australia

dr6583 Posted at 12-4 03:40
I do Apple tech support and I can personally attest to the fact that sometimes, albeit rare, the consumer will get faulty hardware after faulty hardware after even more faulty hardware.  If I didn't see the diagnostics with my own two eyes I would not have believed the same consumer can have so many problems.  Apple, like DJI, has pretty darn good hardware that most consumers will never have an issue with.  But there is always an outlier and your case sounds like one.

Yes, you can get good advice and opinions here but as you have discovered there is also the troll factor.
That sounds like you are the one trolling here.
I can't see any posts here from anyone who wasn't honestly trying to help.

2021-12-4
Use props
Islandvisions
lvl.1
  • >>>
United States

Labroides Posted at 12-4 04:49
Yes, you can get good advice and opinions here but as you have discovered there is also the troll factor.
That sounds like you are the one trolling here.
I can't see any posts here from anyone who wasn't honestly trying to help.

Number 9 has arrived today, the fan motor sounds perfect without the buzzing noise and best of all the image quality is sharp edge to edge with no blurred patches!!!!!
2021-12-11
Use props
yogi053
lvl.4
Flight distance : 7956778 ft
United Kingdom

Well done for sticking at it! Hope you have many flights with no problems in the future.
2021-12-11
Use props
Hrodnand
lvl.4
Romania

Islandvisions Posted at 12-11 07:40
Number 9 has arrived today, the fan motor sounds perfect without the buzzing noise and best of all the image quality is sharp edge to edge with no blurred patches!!!!!

That's great! Can you please test the lack of blurred patches a bit more extensively, maybe do a couple of shots and post them here? Sounds like too good to be true, but still hoping.  
2021-12-12
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules