Jello wobble video
1124 3 2021-11-30
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
UAmetry
lvl.2

United States

I'm experiencing a jello wobble on the video I shoot with my Phantom 4 RTK. See what I'm talking about by watching the video here: https://drive.google.com/file/d/1CoOr7HzsMittdHdY9PB4hDGzqp5tUqIL/view?usp=sharing

I put a straight line on the video so it is very obvious.

I had this problem before and returned the drone to DJI to get it fixed and received a different drone back from them. I didn't notice the jello shake with what I got back. But as you'll see in the video it is quite noticeable and prevents me from producing professional-quality video.

Does anyone have any insight into a fix for this problem?

Thank you,
CJ
2021-11-30
Use props
Geebax
Captain
Australia

Yes, that is jello alright, it is caused by the camera vibrating. The trick is to set up with the camera pointing to a surface, but without the motors running. If you get jello when the motors are off, then it is the gimbal vibrating. If you get jello when flying, then most likely you have an out-of-balance propellor. Try changing yours props.
2021-12-1
Use props
UAmetry
lvl.2

United States

Geebax Posted at 12-1 12:53
Yes, that is jello alright, it is caused by the camera vibrating. The trick is to set up with the camera pointing to a surface, but without the motors running. If you get jello when the motors are off, then it is the gimbal vibrating. If you get jello when flying, then most likely you have an out-of-balance propellor. Try changing yours props.

Thanks for the info Geebax. What does "set up" mean? Is it just turning on the controller and then the copter?
I will definitely try changing the props and see if that makes a difference.
Thanks again,
CJ
2021-12-2
Use props
Geebax
Captain
Australia

UAmetry Posted at 12-2 04:40
Thanks for the info Geebax. What does "set up" mean? Is it just turning on the controller and then the copter?
I will definitely try changing the props and see if that makes a difference.
Thanks again,

What I mean is to power up the drone while sitting on a table inside, then perform a recording and see if it is still causing jello. The idea is to remove the props as a source of vibration.
2021-12-2
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules