Mini 2 stops responding to right stick in RC
3148 13 2021-11-30
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
nirk
lvl.1
Flight distance : 175404 ft
Israel

It happened to me today twice. The first part of the flight was great. But suddenly, the drone won't stop flying forward even when I don't touch the sticks. I had to fly in circles in order to avoid hitting the hill side around me (I flew it in a valley). The only way stop it was click on RTH but than again the right stick didn't work. I wanted to bring it forward to a safer landing area and I couldn't move it. I could take it up and down and change the yaw angle with the right stick, but I could move it anywhere. Almost lost the drone because of this. Please help ASAP. Thx!
2021-11-30
Use props
DJI Stephen
DJI team

Hello there nirk. I am sorry for the trouble this has caused and thank you for reaching out. Did you receive any error message on the DJI Fly application and may we know if the firmware of your DJI Mini 2 and remote controller is up to date? In addition kindly please try to calibrate both the DJI Mini 2 and it's remote controller for us to be able to isolate the said issue? Thank you.
2021-11-30
Use props
GaryDoug
First Officer
Flight distance : 1264639 ft
  • >>>
United States

Sounds like a faulty controller. Attempt the calibration first and note any intermittent operation.

The joystick cables and connectors are very small and weak. You may be able to reseat the one on the right and get it fixed.

See this video at about 3:30 :

2021-11-30
Use props
nirk
lvl.1
Israel

Could it be this probken if the stick works at the start of the flight but stops working during the flight?
2021-11-30
Use props
DAFlys
Captain
Flight distance : 312090263 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Have you checked the logs (http://phantomhelp.com/logviewer/ ) and re calibrated the controller?
2021-12-1
Use props
nirk
lvl.1
United Kingdom

It happened today again. I calibrated the controller and saw that both sticks work well. The only update that was requested was battery update and I did it. Here is a link to the log files. https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/17tvt5VsxpcQ17Ys8qawWJnoVEwHdvmc0?usp=sharing
Can you see the problem there?
2021-12-1
Use props
nirk
lvl.1
United Kingdom

Here is one of the logs: https://www.phantomhelp.com/logviewer/MIG5ICOQHU9UH18H2RX9
2021-12-1
Use props
JJB*
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 12225059 ft
  • >>>
Netherlands

Hi,

Had a look at your log.

At the end the Stick Forward and Roll Left at 100%, but speed to zero.
So that is the the other way around what you described.

See my chart with your data.

Have no idea, why the log shows full input while pitch and roll for sure not at 100%!
Mayby change mode 2 to other mode for trouble shooting, see if error stays at the right stick ir goes to the left stick.

cheers
JJB
analysis2.png
2021-12-1
Use props
GaryDoug
First Officer
Flight distance : 1264639 ft
  • >>>
United States

JJB* Posted at 12-1 09:21
Hi,

Had a look at your log.

"Mayby change mode 2 to other mode for trouble shooting, see if error stays at the right stick ir goes to the left stick."

Perfect troubleshooting method. Good suggestion!

The pitch at 100% and the speed varying all over looks like some kind of intermittent fault, probably not the controller though.

There was very rugged terrain below, maybe some strong winds from varing directions? Was the second flight in the same area?

2021-12-1
Use props
nirk
lvl.1
Israel

there was wind in all 3 flight. Can I reset the firmware on the drone? force firmware update. What will happen if I lose my drone because of this problem?
2021-12-1
Use props
Sean-bumble-bee
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 15997 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Ordinarily if you lost the drone because of this AND if it was the first time this had occurred, it might be worth contacting DJI with the log etc. to see if they consider it an equipment failure.
BUT, as you have posted that this is happening and  that it has occurred several times now, and thus is known to you and DJI know you are aware of it and DJI most likely know your drone, DJI might argue that the loss was pilot error because you flew the drone knowing that there is a problem with the equipment.
In low, slow and close testing It might be an idea to try JJB's stick mode swap and or see if someone will let you try their controller with your drone and their drone with your controller.
I think ultimately something needs repair or re-seating and if warranty is a concern then that likely needs to be done by a DJI recognised repairer.
2021-12-2
Use props
Guorium
Second Officer
Flight distance : 513061 ft
Australia

Can you fly around indoor or low on a windless field close by so see if you can isolate wind. Just do what JJB said and if RC is at fault get DJI to replace it under warranty.
2021-12-5
Use props
Snakecharmer
lvl.1
Flight distance : 391047 ft
United Kingdom

Same problem has happened to me on two ocassions.  I also get a lurching forward sometimes when videoing
2022-12-4
Use props
Sean-bumble-bee
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 15997 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Snakecharmer Posted at 12-4 03:02
Same problem has happened to me on two ocassions.  I also get a lurching forward sometimes when videoing

And having read the thread you should be aware that logs are generally asked for, are you inclined to provide them?
2022-12-4
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules