New Mavic Air 2 Firmware Released (12/01/2021)
12Next >
8840 41 2021-12-1
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
DJI Support
Administrator
Flight distance : 2408 ft
Hong Kong

Overview:
  • Date: 2021.12.01
  • Aircraft Firmware: v01.01.07.00
  • Remote Controller: v04.11.00.32
  • DJI Fly App iOS: v1.5.1
  • DJI Fly App Android: v1.5.1

What’s New?
  • Fixed some bugs.

Notes:
  • If the update fails, restart aircraft, remote controller, and DJI Fly or DJI Assistant 2 (Consumer Drones Series), and retry.

2021-12-1
Use props
Montfrooij
Captain
Flight distance : 2560453 ft
  • >>>
Netherlands

Thanks for the info!
2021-12-1
Use props
engelo2
lvl.4
Flight distance : 3715837 ft
Israel

what now ? what is new ?  
2021-12-1
Use props
Yaros1
Second Officer
Flight distance : 19981112 ft
Spain

Please tell us what is new!
"Fixed some bugs" isn't really a great release note
2021-12-1
Use props
DowntownRDB
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 1722 ft
  • >>>
United States

Thanks for sharing.  

2021-12-1
Use props
beermat
lvl.3
Flight distance : 615958 ft
United States

I have had previous updates of DJI Fly and aircraft firmware "brick" my drone; it took some effort to roll back to a working version of that firmware, as the DJI Assistant 2 app didn't support rollback from the new version, meaning my Mavic Air 2 was dead in the water, unflyable. It took some hacking to be able to install the previous, working, firmware. I am therefore very cautious about installing updates, now.

"Fixed some bugs" does NOT cut it as an update description, at ALL. It sounds like a childs description of an update, or a total amateur/hobbyist developer, not a major engineering company. If *we* have an issue, you require us to report it precisely, otherwise you will ignore it. Your engineers work from specific reports of specific issues, and fix them. You know what the fixes included in each release are; you HAVE to tell users so they can make informed choices, given that each and every update puts the ability to fly at risk - it has happened to me before, and will happen again.

For instance, in the previous release (1.5.1 1980-official), the DJI Fly app on startup on my Samsung S21/Android 12 would, every time, "blink", then show "Initializing resources..." and require me to log in every single time before I could fly, when previous versions remembered the login. In this release, that is now fixed. Your engineers specifically worked on that issue, and 100% guaranteed they work from some defect management software. How hard would it be to extract the list the defects actually fixed in the release notes? Not that hard at all.

Please INFORM your users; you have got a lot of bad press for the botched launch of the Mavic 3 - take some lessons, please. An informed user is a less-unhappy user. "Fixed some bugs" and expecting us to blindly update on that information is insulting.
2021-12-1
Use props
cleamon
lvl.4
Flight distance : 135564 ft
United States

beermat Posted at 12-1 04:49
I have had previous updates of DJI Fly and aircraft firmware "brick" my drone; it took some effort to roll back to a working version of firmware, as the DJI Assistant didn't support it, meaning my Mavic Air 2 was dead in the water, unflyable. I am therefore cautious about installing updates, now.

"Fixed some bugs" does NOT cut it as an update description, at ALL. It sounds like a childs description of an update, or a total amateur/hobbyist developer, not a major engineering company. If *we* have an issue, you require us to report it precisely, otherwise you will ignore it. Your engineers work from specific reports of specific issues, and fix them. You know what the fixes included in each release are; you HAVE to tell users so they can make informed choices, given that each and every update puts the ability to fly at risk - it has happened to me before, and will happen again.

++++++++ I agree 100%
2021-12-1
Use props
kiminx
Second Officer
Flight distance : 149032 ft
Indonesia

I have had previous updates of DJI Fly and aircraft firmware "brick" my drone; it took some effort to roll back to a working version of firmware, as the DJI Assistant 2 app didn't support it, meaning my Mavic Air 2 was dead in the water, unflyable. It took some hacking to be able to install the previous, working, firmware. I am therefore very cautious about installing updates, now.

agree 100% (2)
2021-12-1
Use props
virtual
Second Officer
Flight distance : 4897142 ft
Czechia

Fixed some bugs - not very informative but I had shutter lag and app restart mid-air issue with 1.4.12 and 1.5.1 (1980) app, would it be the one of those bugs...?
2021-12-1
Use props
Muchmore
lvl.4
Flight distance : 568714 ft
  • >>>
United States

Well "fixes bugs" does offer support for Pixel 6 phones now.
2021-12-1
Use props
Fly_Hazr_Air
lvl.4
Flight distance : 56588 ft
United States

Getting hard to keep up with these monthly Firmware updates.  Glad "fixed some bugs" is such a very informative description of what the update includes!  I haven't flown since the November update, should I just hold off till the January update comes out with "Fixed all the bugs" as the description?
2021-12-1
Use props
djiuser_tgaRKImfaGgd
lvl.1
Flight distance : 252320 ft
Australia

It seems that DJI assistant 2 for Mavic cannot see the firmware when connected to the Mavic Air 2 remote controller.  I get the Cannot Load Firmware List. Please Retry. message.
It does work for the Mavic Air 2 aircraft however.
I had to change to the DJI Assistant (Consumer Drone Series) as hinted in the video notes above.
It is a pity that the supported products list in the download centre sugests that the Assistant 2 for Mavic is the correct version for the Air 2. Under the Assistant for consumer drone series the supported products does not include the Air 2.

How about fixing at least the Supported products lists please DJI!
Or better still make the Assistant 2 Mavic version work with the Mavic controller.

2021-12-1
Use props
djiuser_YmSWRHeXTqn6
lvl.2
Flight distance : 258432 ft
Netherlands

Update only stops drone hack
2021-12-2
Use props
KryosChaos
lvl.3
Flight distance : 1572595 ft
United States

Well, the reply of fixed some bugs is the lazy way of saying we aren't going to tell you? or is it that you guys are not aware of what you actually fixed/broke new from release to release?

You guys are not a small company that is putting out updates for a couple of hundred users.  Start doing this right or stop doing it at all!!!!  Currently, this is a damn joke!!!!
2021-12-2
Use props
AE1M
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1862884 ft
United States

I downloaded it no problem.  Didnt check settings carefully enough and had some surprises.  Defaulted to FPV view and a few others.  Worked fine, just check all your settings b4 flight.
2021-12-2
Use props
kiminx
Second Officer
Indonesia

djiuser_tgaRKImfaGgd Posted at 12-1 20:55
It seems that DJI assistant 2 for Mavic cannot see the firmware when connected to the Mavic Air 2 remote controller.  I get the Cannot Load Firmware List. Please Retry. message.
It does work for the Mavic Air 2 aircraft however.
I had to change to the DJI Assistant (Consumer Drone Series) as hinted in the video notes above.

same problem. then upgrade rc by dji fly.
2021-12-3
Use props
djiuser_S9X2rMrQkNL3
New
Flight distance : 87103 ft
Canada

Before switching to Air2s.. I had the Mavic mini.  Right before I sold it.. There was an update. Fixed some bugs.. After I did the update.. The drone flew like crap. Twitchy, wasn’t a stable .. I think they did that to the original mini.. Just so people would upgrade.
2021-12-3
Use props
AE1M
lvl.4
United States

I am not here to blow smoke up anyones dupa, but owned an original Mini and now this Air 2 for 9 months and I have never had an upgrade brick  the drone and have always updated using the drone connected to the controller with iPhone on Wi-Fi.  From all I’ve seen on these forums for the last 1.5 years or so, it seems most posts with problems are not iPhone users.  I purchase a dedicated iPhone 11 max (no SIM) to use with my drones. When flying I tether to my Verizon iPhone via the hotspot for the maps.  All works great.
2021-12-4
Use props
MeAtHome
lvl.4
Flight distance : 84104 ft
Switzerland

I have had previous updates of DJI Fly and aircraft firmware "brick" my drone; it took some effort to roll back to a working version of that firmware, as the DJI Assistant 2 app didn't support rollback from the new version, meaning my Mavic Air 2 was dead in the water, unflyable. It took some hacking to be able to install the previous, working, firmware. I am therefore very cautious about installing updates, now.

Spot on! Why is it, that when someone posts a «smooching», DJI comes back within no time to “thank for the valuable support” but will not reply on inconvenient questions?
Sorry to say this, but DJI’s update policy for app’s and firmware’s is “the bottom of the barrel”.
2021-12-4
Use props
Oldmaninwva
lvl.4
Flight distance : 9750253 ft
United States

Thanks…. Updated just fine….  Although it would be nice to know what bugs were fixed
2021-12-4
Use props
fans0c9c9137
lvl.1

Australia

Hi all,

How to downgrade firmware please?

I saw a note that explained DJI Assistant 2 can show you a list of firmware versions, but when I fired my Air 2 up today I noticed there aren't any older firmware versions listed, just this version to upgrade to.

Thanks in advance for any suggestions..
2021-12-5
Use props
MeAtHome
lvl.4
Flight distance : 84104 ft
Switzerland

I guess you’re out of luck. As of 01.01.0690 a downgrade is not possible.
2021-12-6
Use props
fans043186b7
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1640367 ft
Poland

If DJI informs exactly what has been repaired, it runs the risk of lawsuits from all those who lost their drones.
2021-12-6
Use props
djiuser_AnT6iwprOCL3
New

United States

Thanks, but my Mavic Air 2 is showing solid red light (Critical Error) after update to this new firmware v01.01.07.00, why?
2021-12-7
Use props
Mission XR
lvl.3
United States

I would agree that defining "fixed bugs" is lackluster for a tech company. I worked with many industrial PLC companies over my time and when upgrades came out they listed "Release Notes" Fixed issues with a full description of the issue and open issues. You could then decide if any fixes are beneficial to your application or just pass on the upgrade and stay with what works. At times when upgrading I found that the upgrade caused irreversible damage to the code rendering a looooong night of keyboard pounding.

DJI needs to send out detailed release notes so the consumer can decide, do I or do I not upgrade. Not wait to see IF the upgrade causes more issues then what it was worth.
What is really concerning is the fact that DJI representative hasn't replied to any of the aforementioned posts. Is that how this works? Answers are only given if they want to? Don't answer and maybe they will go away?
Answering the consumer questions is appropriate.
2021-12-9
Use props
WebParrot
First Officer
Flight distance : 23625 ft
  • >>>
United States

fans043186b7 Posted at 12-6 12:07
If DJI informs exactly what has been repaired, it runs the risk of lawsuits from all those who lost their drones.

Nonsense...
2021-12-9
Use props
fans043186b7
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1640367 ft
Poland

Got an idea why they don't provide details?
2021-12-9
Use props
Zorik
New
Flight distance : 56614 ft
Israel

some bugs fixed and some not
2021-12-9
Use props
MySky
lvl.4
Flight distance : 364902 ft
Germany

fans043186b7 Posted at 12-9 10:00
Got an idea why they don't provide details?

It is the asian cultural behavior. If they would show their faults, they would loose their face.
So they will never do. And they just don't care.
2021-12-10
Use props
kiminx
Second Officer
Indonesia

Mission XR Posted at 12-9 07:12
I would agree that defining "fixed bugs" is lackluster for a tech company. I worked with many industrial PLC companies over my time and when upgrades came out they listed "Release Notes" Fixed issues with a full description of the issue and open issues. You could then decide if any fixes are beneficial to your application or just pass on the upgrade and stay with what works. At times when upgrading I found that the upgrade caused irreversible damage to the code rendering a looooong night of keyboard pounding.

DJI needs to send out detailed release notes so the consumer can decide, do I or do I not upgrade. Not wait to see IF the upgrade causes more issues then what it was worth.

100% agree with your post!
2021-12-10
Use props
djiuser_OSjvWtcWbTVE
New
Philippines

hello guys...Please I need a help

My DJI Mavic Air 2 remote controller battery was drain and will not power on. I charge it immediately but it doesn't charge at all  ... As of now I really don't know what to do please help me

Thanks
2021-12-11
Use props
djiuser_sae7iOm6qJ8r
lvl.1
Flight distance : 20003 ft
United States

Please provide details on what was added/changed.
2021-12-11
Use props
djiuser_Eda4qsznykEI
New

United States

Anyone experiencing problems with new version when using the IPAD Mini with FLY. The IPAD complains that the CPU is fully loaded and related performance will be affected??
2021-12-11
Use props
Jed20xx
New
Flight distance : 384357 ft
Philippines

i cant update my remote control via app and via dji assistant 2 software
2021-12-16
Use props
Dong ZeYuan
lvl.4
Flight distance : 57060 ft
United States

Thanks for sharing.
2021-12-21
Use props
djiuser_RPFxGsF2gSPe
New

United States

New update don't let me unlock zone, show only blank page can't flying without unlocked.
2021-12-25
Use props
hendraadi::
lvl.2
Flight distance : 1786450 ft
Singapore

Any newest update? Smart Controller please!
2021-12-31
Use props
TheSmels
lvl.2
Flight distance : 2062848 ft
  • >>>
United States

I also agree 100%.  Just telling users that you (DJI) fixed bugs means you either have poor software engineering practices and/or you are afraid of what your users reactions will be if you provided a more detailed change log.
2021-12-31
Use props
AE1M
lvl.4
United States

I updated to the new firmware and the new controller firmware, all works just fine.  I have been through 2 DJI drones and multiple firmware updates and have NEVER had a problem.  Only use iPhones with the controllers.
2022-1-1
Use props
Magnum P.I.
lvl.2
Flight distance : 140085 ft
United States

Tracking nanobot installed.  Also allows DJI to send ecm to bring down drone remotely.
2022-1-2
Use props
12Next >
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules