o(^-^)o
jjckflsh
lvl.2
Flight distance : 3218360 ft
  • >>>
United States

Hi,

I just got my M3C.  

1.  Tried to charge the DJI RC Pro and M3C batteries.  When I used the DJI  65W  portable charger to charge DJI RC Pro the battery indicator light illuminated briefly the went off.  The unit will not charged.  I can turn it on and it has a charge of three lights but, it will not charged.  The battery charge is diminishing and I have no way of charging the RC Controller.

2.  Trying to charge the three M3C batteries using the DJI portable charger and the DJI 3 battery charging hub.  The charging of the batteries is superslow.  According to the charging manual should take 2 hours.  2 x 3 = 6hours for all three batteries.  Two days latter charging the last batter at two lights?

Any thoughts or Ideas on what to do?

Can't use this platform until this is resolved.
2021-12-1
Use props
Visual Air
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 2710115 ft
  • >>>
Canada

First are you charging the RC pro with the usb A to usb C charge cable or directly off the charger itself? Did you charge each battery individually on the aircraft first?
2021-12-1
Use props
jjckflsh
lvl.2
Flight distance : 3218360 ft
  • >>>
United States

Visual Air Posted at 12-1 08:34
First are you charging the RC pro with the usb A to usb C charge cable or directly off the charger itself? Did you charge each battery individually on the aircraft first?

I am using the DJI supplied USB A to C cable off the charger to attempt to charge the RC pro.  How do you charge right off the charger?  Is what you are saying the cord that is hard wired to the charger?  And, No I did not charge the batteries individually first.  I plugged them all at once into DJI multi charger.   
Thanks!
2021-12-1
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
Flight distance : 9827923 ft
  • >>>
Ireland

Batteries take approx 90 minutes and remote should charge while battery is charging. First charge will take a little longer , but there is something wrong with your charger or power going to charge port.
2021-12-1
Use props
Maxi3D
Second Officer
Flight distance : 307621 ft
  • >>>
United States

I think it's a bad charger you have.
2021-12-1
Use props
EFRPIC
Second Officer

United States

Check to see how warm the actual charger is at the outlet. Also, listen to see if there is any hum. You will need to press your ear to the block. If either is the case, the charger is bad.
2021-12-1
Use props
Flycaster
Second Officer
United States

Also, make sure you did not plug the charger ac cord into an outlet that is on a dimmer....
2021-12-1
Use props
Visual Air
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 2710115 ft
  • >>>
United States

jjckflsh Posted at 12-1 09:04
I am using the DJI supplied USB A to C cable off the charger to attempt to charge the RC pro.  How do you charge right off the charger?  Is what you are saying the cord that is hard wired to the charger?  And, No I did not charge the batteries individually first.  I plugged them all at once into DJI multi charger.   
Thanks!

No to clarify. I was asking if you are using the USB A to C cable to charge the RC Pro. Which you have answered that question. Pretty sure you have to charge each battery in the drone first to wake it from hibernation.
2021-12-1
Use props
ZeuS-FL
Second Officer
Flight distance : 5782297 ft
  • >>>
United States

I use without problem a Dell USB-C Charger 65W with the exact same output specs as the DJI charger. I notice the DJI charger get really warm and concern me. I personally use the original dell charger that I am holding in my hand but that one is an $60 charger
In the second picture there is a generic one with the same specs cheaper.

I hope i am not braking any rule with this.

2021-12-1
Use props
DJI Stephen
DJI team

Hello there jjckflsh. I am sorry for the trouble this has caused and thank you for reaching out. Since you are having this issue, I would recommend for you to contact our DJI Support Team at https://www.dji.com/support?site=brandsite&from=nav for further assistance. We have a team that will do there best to help you and give out the best resolution for the said issue. Again, I am sorry and thank you.
2021-12-1
Use props
djiuser_bc5pMOHYF9FE
lvl.1

United Kingdom

Folks

I had a similar issue in that my brand new RC PRO would not charge from the supplied portable charger with the M3 (it has a USB port).  I

I had to use another charger and cable and the RC Pro sprung into life charging, it took a while to get to this stage however, why do DJI not supply a charger when you are spending over £800 on a piece of kit?

Question for the techs will the RC Pro charge while powered on, first indications are not.  As I had it plugged in trying to charge whilst the DJI Fly App was updating and the battery % indicator just kept dropping.
2022-4-13
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules