Dji Mini 2 phone compatability
1168 7 2021-12-1
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
V4monster
lvl.1

United Kingdom

Hi I am looking for a phone to run the new Mini 2 drone by DJI. I looked at the list on DJI and it is unclear after research which phones will actually work as the downloadable software for the drone app does not always work. Some phones having issues like the S21 Galaxy. I REALLY DO NOT WANT TO FORK OUT 600£ to find the app does not work.

I understand it has to be 64 bit but there seems to be issues with chipsets in phones. Can anyone enlighten me what Android phones actually work with DJI drone Mini 2 software

Please dont just say see the list as that is not correct
Regards V4
2021-12-1
Use props
DJI Stephen
DJI team

Hello there V4monster. Good day and thank you for reaching out. For reference, I will post a link where in you can find the different recommended mobile devices for the DJI Mini 2 and for the DJI Fly application. Thank you and have a nice day.

https://www.dji.com/mini-2/downloads

2021-12-1
Use props
V4monster
lvl.1

United Kingdom

Stephen with the Samsung S21 people have issues with the latest update 12 on their operating system because they can't film 4 k or end up with black screen issues. Is this going to be resolved with DJi or is it chance that the DJI app will work?  Regards Ade
2021-12-1
Use props
V4monster
lvl.1

United Kingdom

Most of these Android phones you can't buy anymore mainly Android are the Samsung S21 and possibly the S20. It's becoming difficult if you don't have a older phone to fly this drone. Ade
2021-12-1
Use props
DAFlys
Captain
Flight distance : 312090263 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

For best compatibility Id really recommend either a Smart Controller or an iPhone.
2021-12-2
Use props
V4monster
lvl.1

United Kingdom

What is a smart controller? Sorry though the app DJI was either Android or iPhone based
2021-12-2
Use props
yogi053
Second Officer
Flight distance : 26104915 ft
United Kingdom

V4monster Posted at 12-2 03:09
What is a smart controller? Sorry though the app DJI was either Android or iPhone based

A smart controller is an expensive accessory which enables you to fly some drones without using phones, tablet, etc
You will find lots of information on them, especially using youtube videos. The older model (there is a new one just released) is out of stock I believe but 2nd hand models are on ebay etc but still command quite a high price.It is Android based by the way.
2021-12-2
Use props
V4monster
lvl.1

United Kingdom

yogi053 Posted at 12-2 03:29
A smart controller is an expensive accessory which enables you to fly some drones without using phones, tablet, etc
You will find lots of information on them, especially using youtube videos. The older model (there is a new one just released) is out of stock I believe but 2nd hand models are on ebay etc but still command quite a high price.It is Android based by the way.

Hi Thankyou. I have bought a S21 phone for the mini2 a expensive way to fly a drone. Why cant the controller out of the box just fly the drone. I know technology but where do we stand in 3vyears when dji wont support the app and we cant fly. Well for now im flying .
2021-12-4
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules