3610 15 2021-12-1
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Buzzyone
lvl.4
Flight distance : 4647913 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

There have been a few people saying the file app installed on the RC Pro can’t transfer files from the controller to the SD, the reason seems to be that the native app does not prompt the user to allow access to the inserted card.

I side loaded a file explorer program ‘Cx  File Explorer’ from APK Pure.

When selecting the SD card it prompts for permission to access the SD card. Once done files can be moved or copied to/from the internal memory & SD card.

After that the native app ‘Files’ will also work as intended.
2021-12-1
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
Flight distance : 9827923 ft
  • >>>
Ireland

Cheers thanks for that, it will really help.
2021-12-1
Use props
Harkco
lvl.2
Flight distance : 288658 ft
United States

Thanks for that also.  Will try tonight.  I don't mess with Android much.  How difficult is it to side load?
2021-12-1
Use props
DJI Stephen
DJI team

Hello there Buzzyone. Good day and thank you for sharing these interesting information with us. Again, thank you for your support and keep flying. .
2021-12-1
Use props
Buzzyone
lvl.4
  • >>>
United Kingdom

DJI Stephen Posted at 12-1 19:55
Hello there Buzzyone. Good day and thank you for sharing these interesting information with us. Again, thank you for your support and keep flying.  .

Glad I could assist. If you can forward the issue to your software engineers in time for the January update please :-)
2021-12-2
Use props
DowntownRDB
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 1722 ft
  • >>>
United States

Interesting find.  Thanks for sharing.
2021-12-2
Use props
Marcusp1974
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1208635 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

I managed to do as you suggested BUT problem now is my iPhone can’t pick up my SD card because of the format, any help much appreciated please
2021-12-2
Use props
Buzzyone
lvl.4
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Marcusp1974 Posted at 12-2 10:00
I managed to do as you suggested BUT problem now is my iPhone can’t pick up my SD card because of the format, any help much appreciated please

Not sure what you mean, the format should be FAT so should pose much of an issue, Do you mean if you plug the SD card into a lightning SD card reader?
2021-12-2
Use props
NGC
Second Officer
Flight distance : 50003 ft
  • >>>
United States

Tip: the author has been banned or deleted automatically shield
2021-12-2
Use props
Marcusp1974
lvl.4
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Buzzyone Posted at 12-2 10:08
Not sure what you mean, the format should be FAT so should pose much of an issue, Do you mean if you plug the SD card into a lightning SD card reader?

Yes sorry if I plug it into the lightning connector
2021-12-2
Use props
Buzzyone
lvl.4
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Yeah a bit annoying, although I did sort out a work around that makes the SD card work as it should.

The customised buttons C1 & C2 is a bit of an annoyance.
2021-12-2
Use props
Buzzyone
lvl.4
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Marcusp1974 Posted at 12-2 10:40
Yes sorry if I plug it into the lightning connector

I do not seem to have that problem here, if I take the SD card out of the RC Pro and put it in to either an Apple SD USB-C or an Apple Lightning SD Card reader I can access the card no problem.

I can't access the smart controller by plugging a USB-C to lightning cable into RCP. I wouldn't need too to be fair.

Plugging in my iPad (USB-C version) into the drone USB gives access to the SSD & the SD, however the USB-C to lightning cable to the iPhone does not mount the SD or SSD drives, so they cannot be accessed.

Connecting the drone to DJI Co-Pilot (DJI External Hard Drive) mounts the SSD but not the SD.
2021-12-2
Use props
KLRSKIR
lvl.4
Flight distance : 28368625 ft
  • >>>
United States

I too can confirm that File Manage + works great with the RCPRO.
2021-12-2
Use props
Marcusp1974
lvl.4
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Buzzyone Posted at 12-2 12:15
I do not seem to have that problem here, if I take the SD card out of the RC Pro and put it in to either an Apple SD USB-C or an Apple Lightning SD Card reader I can access the card no problem.

I can't access the smart controller by plugging a USB-C to lightning cable into RCP. I wouldn't need too to be fair.

I will try putting my card direct into the controller and see how I go with that thanks
2021-12-2
Use props
coloradoskier
lvl.3
Flight distance : 906411 ft
  • >>>
United States

Thanks for calling this out, getting an RC Pro on Thursday...
2021-12-6
Use props
DJI Stephen
DJI team

Buzzyone Posted at 12-2 00:13
Glad I could assist. If you can forward the issue to your software engineers in time for the January update please :-)

Hi there Buzzyone. Thank you for the reply and for these information. I will cascade these information to the designated DJI department for further attention. Have a safe and a happy flying always. .
2021-12-6
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules