RS2 oddity with joystick
1243 6 2021-12-1
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Dr. Fibinotchi
lvl.2

United States

A Question for DJI and users.  I use the gimble for doing hockey games for a team.  The a7 iii set to locked focus to not get the boards to cause the lense to drift.  I use a F4 24-105 I think lens with a seamless ring for zoom attached and set as the front index finger to zoom in and out zoom up and down the ice.  Its worked well for evaluation of coaches and player...with the exception of one issue.  If during the play is right in front down below along the boards closest to you the gimble really needs to look down even if you have the most zoomed out you can't really catch all of the action.  If you use the thumb to look down the system has a very odd hesitation with the gimble.  If you move too soon left and right pan doesn't work and takes a couple seconds.  As you know ice hockey is not a slow sport and back up to a more level shot that gets the upper boards and most of the lower takes to long.  It looks like the cameraman was sleeping...lol.  It really needs to be seamless panning with it on a tripod and fluid head should work well, but the exceptional hesitation has me wondering why moving the joystick would cause this and a remedy for it.

THANKS.
-Cody
2021-12-1
Use props
DJI Susan
Administrator

Hi Cody, please make sure that the RS 2 has been balanced correctly, please try to perform an auto-calibration and system calibration and check again.
If the case is the same, please provide a video of the issue for better assistance, thank you.
2021-12-2
Use props
Dr. Fibinotchi
lvl.2

United States

As you might of guessed there is balancing done, but there is some imbalance from having a zoom lens.  I have minimized the inbalance as much as possible.  IF this is the soul reason then let me know.  I won't have to create a video, upload it, and share.
2021-12-3
Use props
GolfRGT4
New

United States

Any update? I really want to create a remote controlled hockey recording setup w/ zoom control too. Ronin gimbal mounted on a very tall tripod mid rink on the side. But given lots of small rinks, like in your case, you end up pretty close to the boards so have to look down for close up action.
2022-1-27
Use props
Dr. Fibinotchi
lvl.2

United States

I'm not sure what happened honestly.  I don't know if reloading it on my phone from DJI, or if connecting to it after, or if doing a horizontal calibration was part of it.  Either way.  As you look down now its does not have any issue.  Running in quick does a good job.  Medium speed is a little too slow almost, but it works as well.  Have done 24 games now and getting my hand in this much better.  Small tripod with the OEM mount on the tripod is fast and easy after the game.

I'm mid ice about 30 feet up and it does well.  If you where mid ice instead of a 24-105 you'd need a 13-60.  You'd need zoom control and I am not sure how to do that part with Raven because in every youtube, and DJI master I found it does not have the ability through phone, but maybe a controller scenario.
2022-1-28
Use props
GolfRGT4
New

United States

Dr. Fibinotchi Posted at 1-28 04:06
I'm not sure what happened honestly.  I don't know if reloading it on my phone from DJI, or if connecting to it after, or if doing a horizontal calibration was part of it.  Either way.  As you look down now its does not have any issue.  Running in quick does a good job.  Medium speed is a little too slow almost, but it works as well.  Have done 24 games now and getting my hand in this much better.  Small tripod with the OEM mount on the tripod is fast and easy after the game.

I'm mid ice about 30 feet up and it does well.  If you where mid ice instead of a 24-105 you'd need a 13-60.  You'd need zoom control and I am not sure how to do that part with Raven because in every youtube, and DJI master I found it does not have the ability through phone, but maybe a controller scenario.

Nice. Do you have any game footage you could share? For the Raven Eye, I have one of these I can use in it's place. https://www.hollyland-tech.com/detail-mars300pro?gclid=Cj0KCQiAxc6PBhCEARIsAH8Hff1a9v_WeDqV6blLi7zFL7gA9MQxpevD3HOMu5DWk1VUtBetYS2GYjkaAqgZEALw_wcB

Then with a power zoom lens I think it will work fully via remote with the monitor.
2022-1-28
Use props
Dr. Fibinotchi
lvl.2

United States

GolfRGT4 Posted at 1-28 15:23
Nice. Do you have any game footage you could share? For the Raven Eye, I have one of these I can use in it's place. https://www.hollyland-tech.com/detail-mars300pro?gclid=Cj0KCQiAxc6PBhCEARIsAH8Hff1a9v_WeDqV6blLi7zFL7gA9MQxpevD3HOMu5DWk1VUtBetYS2GYjkaAqgZEALw_wcB

Then with a power zoom lens I think it will work fully via remote with the monitor.

I do,  shoot me your email
2022-1-29
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules