842 32 2021-12-1
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Suren
Captain
Flight distance : 13425892 ft
  • >>>
New Zealand

So there is now a combo which comes with the normal Mavic 3 which includes the RC Pro 2. Check the link below, apparantly we will get a credit if we purchased the RC Pro2 seprately. Can Dji confirm this? Is it available to all regions?https://www.suasnews.com/2021/12 ... -combo-with-rc-pro/
2021-12-1
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
Flight distance : 9827923 ft
  • >>>
Ireland

That’s a good result hopefully, it was wrong from the beginning and at this stage if we got the price of a new battery I’d be happy. Nice find thanks for posting.
2021-12-1
Use props
The Saint
First Officer
Flight distance : 5902228 ft
  • >>>
United States

what bugs me is they have had many years since the m2p/m2z and a half-dozen other drones since to understand the customer and determine the package configurations including the pricing.  seems they should have been spot on with their best ever drone, the m3.  instead, they screwed up right out of the gate.  many people bought the cine because they wanted the sc pro and didn't want to fly their drone with a cheap remote.  how are you supposed to handle those who would have opted for this new package had it been available?

my opinion follow:
1.buy the package configuration with the sc included if you don't want to pay full price for the sc
2.buy the package configuration with the sc included if you don't want 2 remotes or don't want to "pay" for 2 remotes
3.it's ok to included the sc in "fly more combo" only and not the base package since the base package is primarily for new-to-dji flyers and those who want to build out
4.if everybody gets 2 remotes than the drone should allow you to fly with 2 remotes

don't get me wrong, better late than never, but hopefully they time it so new m3 drones come with january software AND hardware improvements already installed with the "new combo."  many of us are holding off on purchases until spring 2022.  i have no stomach for the circus, not at this price point.
eta:btw, this story was posted this morning here where there is a cite on this site:  https://dronedj.com/2021/12/01/d ... ith-the-dji-rc-pro/

2021-12-1
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
  • >>>
Ireland

The Saint Posted at 12-1 14:49
what bugs me is they have had many years since the m2p/m2z and a half-dozen other drones since to understand the customer and determine the package configurations including the pricing.  seems they should have been spot on with their best ever drone, the m3.  instead, they screwed up right out of the gate.  many people bought the cine because they wanted the sc pro and didn't want to fly their drone with a cheap remote.  how are you supposed to handle those who would have opted for this new package had it been available?

my opinion follow:

You’re right they botched the release in many ways, they should have compensated all early adopters “extra battery or free filters for those who bought without much loved features. And the combo fiasco was just ill thought out, my guess is they have huge stock of this controller which now flys 2 minis 2 airs and a mavic and so basically decided “NOT” to design new controller for this new flagship drone. Pity how the square this we shall see.
2021-12-1
Use props
Suren
Captain
  • >>>
New Zealand

hallmark007 Posted at 12-1 14:44
That’s a good result hopefully, it was wrong from the beginning and at this stage if we got the price of a new battery I’d be happy. Nice find thanks for posting.

I have been contemplating buying the RC Pro but not worth spending $1650NZD on just a RC. If they had the combo earlier I would have bought it then I would not have got the iPhone 13 Pro Max to use as a screen.
2021-12-1
Use props
Suren
Captain
  • >>>
New Zealand

The Saint Posted at 12-1 14:49
what bugs me is they have had many years since the m2p/m2z and a half-dozen other drones since to understand the customer and determine the package configurations including the pricing.  seems they should have been spot on with their best ever drone, the m3.  instead, they screwed up right out of the gate.  many people bought the cine because they wanted the sc pro and didn't want to fly their drone with a cheap remote.  how are you supposed to handle those who would have opted for this new package had it been available?

my opinion follow:

I agree, very poorly planned from Dji. They could have done this much better.
2021-12-1
Use props
Visual Air
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 2710115 ft
  • >>>
United States

The entire roll out has been an epic failure.  I am Just happy for those of us that purchased the Rc Pro might be getting some kind of compensation.
2021-12-1
Use props
DJI Wanda
Administrator

Hello, there. We have announced the notice here: https://forum.dji.com/forum.php?mod=viewthread&tid=254464
We know that there are lots of customers from other regions who also care about this activity. For more details of the program in other countries, please pay attention to our official communication channels.
Thanks for your understanding and support.
2021-12-1
Use props
Montfrooij
Captain
Flight distance : 2560453 ft
  • >>>
Netherlands

That is an interesting combo!
2021-12-2
Use props
DAFlys
Captain
Flight distance : 312090263 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Its not available in the DJI store yet for my region.
2021-12-2
Use props
Nicodema
lvl.4
Flight distance : 90259 ft
United Kingdom

Suren Posted at 12-1 15:44
I have been contemplating buying the RC Pro but not worth spending $1650NZD on just a RC. If they had the combo earlier I would have bought it then I would not have got the iPhone 13 Pro Max to use as a screen.

At least you got to adjust your control Expos while the Android software struggles to catch up.
2021-12-2
Use props
yogi053
Second Officer
Flight distance : 26104915 ft
United Kingdom

DAFlys Posted at 12-2 00:18
Its not available in the DJI store yet for my region.

Are you getting one DAFlys?
2021-12-2
Use props
DAFlys
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

yogi053 Posted at 12-2 03:43
Are you getting one DAFlys?

No,   I just got the smart controller instead for my other drones.    Without the C marking Im not risking it.
2021-12-2
Use props
yogi053
Second Officer
United Kingdom

DAFlys Posted at 12-2 03:53
No,   I just got the smart controller instead for my other drones.    Without the C marking Im not risking it.

Good call DAFlys.
2021-12-2
Use props
DAFlys
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

So far I have to say I quite like it.   
2021-12-2
Use props
yogi053
Second Officer
United Kingdom

DAFlys Posted at 12-2 04:24
So far I have to say I quite like it.

Do you have any 'niggles' changing from M2P to Mini 2 and back again using the SC?
2021-12-2
Use props
DAFlys
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

yogi053 Posted at 12-2 05:47
Do you have any 'niggles' changing from M2P to Mini 2 and back again using the SC?

Ive literally only had a couple of hours still getting things setup.
2021-12-2
Use props
yogi053
Second Officer
United Kingdom

DAFlys Posted at 12-2 06:08
Ive literally only had a couple of hours still getting things setup.

Just FYI I had a small problem of switching drones from M2P to Mini 2. When I did so I had to go through a longer selection process but going the other way was easier and quicker. So now my M2P is on the SC and the Mini 2 is on its regular controller.There's probably a 'fix' somewhere but I cannot be bothered to look for it just now.
2021-12-2
Use props
DAFlys
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

yogi053 Posted at 12-2 06:18
Just FYI I had a small problem of switching drones from M2P to Mini 2. When I did so I had to go through a longer selection process but going the other way was easier and quicker. So now my M2P is on the SC and the Mini 2 is on its regular controller.There's probably a 'fix' somewhere but I cannot be bothered to look for it just now.

From what I can see,   if Im on either drone and swipe down and select Switch Aircraft I only see the current drone and not the other one,   I have to go to settings,  Aircraft management and then select it there.  Not how I expected it to work.
2021-12-2
Use props
yogi053
Second Officer
United Kingdom

DAFlys Posted at 12-2 06:25
From what I can see,   if Im on either drone and swipe down and select Switch Aircraft I only see the current drone and not the other one,   I have to go to settings,  Aircraft management and then select it there.  Not how I expected it to work.

If I remember right that is what I found, except going from Mini 2 to M2P steps were a lot shorter. I'm sure there is a thread on here somewhere about it but I couldn't be ar**d about looking for it!
2021-12-2
Use props
DowntownRDB
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 1722 ft
  • >>>
United States

Nice find and thanks for sharing Suren.    Guess DJI finally woke up on user's needs and desires.  Better late than never as they say.  Hope you get some type of compensation for being an early adopter.  
2021-12-2
Use props
djiuser_BlElNd7pTX7P
lvl.2
Flight distance : 1811699 ft
United Kingdom

Dji mess this up big time...
2021-12-2
Use props
Lucas775
First Officer
Flight distance : 50642090 ft
  • >>>
United States

I think that M3 should have came with the SRC only.
2021-12-2
Use props
Electromen
lvl.3
Flight distance : 275531 ft
United States

hallmark007 Posted at 12-1 14:44

Mavic 3 battery is $209, In the DJI web site under Accessories
2021-12-2
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
  • >>>
Ireland

Electromen Posted at 12-2 17:10
Mavic 3 battery is $209, In the DJI web site under Accessories

Yeah minimum they could do for forcing early adopters into buying a remote they would never need.
2021-12-2
Use props
Suren
Captain
  • >>>
New Zealand

DowntownRDB Posted at 12-2 07:19
Nice find and thanks for sharing Suren.    Guess DJI finally woke up on user's needs and desires.  Better late than never as they say.  Hope you get some type of compensation for being an early adopter.

But to think they should be more experienced with stuff like this. They already know what their customers want so give all the options at the launch and not after the fact
2021-12-2
Use props
DowntownRDB
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
United States

Suren Posted at 12-2 23:26
But to think they should be more experienced with stuff like this. They already know what their customers want so give all the options at the launch and not after the fact

Having some corporate level experience myself I can tell you for a fact that "common sense" is not always an overriding factor.  Greed is the driving factor.  
2021-12-3
Use props
Suren
Captain
  • >>>
New Zealand

DowntownRDB Posted at 12-3 14:45
Having some corporate level experience myself I can tell you for a fact that "common sense" is not always an overriding factor.  Greed is the driving factor.

Looks like Christmas money was important. I think this is the first time I have seen Dji release a drone that had so many features missing.
2021-12-5
Use props
DowntownRDB
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
United States

Suren Posted at 12-5 10:17
Looks like Christmas money was important. I think this is the first time I have seen Dji release a drone that had so many features missing.

Agree with you 100%.  It seems that waiting over 2 months to put out a major firmware update is a first for them.  Hopefully, the firmware date will happen on time and have zero bugs.  
2021-12-6
Use props
NGC
Second Officer
Flight distance : 50003 ft
  • >>>
United States

Tip: the author has been banned or deleted automatically shield
2021-12-6
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
  • >>>
Ireland

DowntownRDB Posted at 12-6 05:06
Agree with you 100%.  It seems that waiting over 2 months to put out a major firmware update is a first for them.  Hopefully, the firmware date will happen on time and have zero bugs.

This is not a first, similar happened with spark when 6 weeks after release many promised features arrived in a pretty big FW update. This is probably the first time that all features arrived together ;+)
2021-12-6
Use props
DowntownRDB
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
United States

hallmark007 Posted at 12-6 07:37
This is not a first, similar happened with spark when 6 weeks after release many promised features arrived in a pretty big FW update. This is probably the first time that all features arrived together ;+)

Thanks for the info hallmark.  I haven't been on the forum way back to the Spark intro days so I stand corrected.  
2021-12-6
Use props
DowntownRDB
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
United States

NGC Posted at 12-6 06:34
Zero bugs on a firmware update will be a first in the history of DJI. Not gonna happen, especially when there are so many bugs right now in addition to all the missing features.

I"m sure you are absolutely right, but one can only hope and nothing more.  
2021-12-7
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules