549 5 2021-12-1
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
TeddyBozeman
lvl.4
Flight distance : 152044 ft
  • >>>
United States

Well, I spoke too soon. After tonight's flight, my RC Pro and Cine are only sporadically connecting to one another.

Brought it in after it connected fine earlier for my flight, was going to wipe the SSD, turned it back on and the two won't talk to each other. It then said I had an app update, which I did, still nothing. On and off a few times, then it finally connected and showed me the 'ready to fly' screen, then it said it had a firmware update for the drone(???) which I then did. After rebooting, it wanted me to again, bind the controller, so I did. Still no dice, it's just showing the 'screen with a background photo' on the Fly app with the 'connection guide' button in the corner, and trying to pair the two doesn't work. What the heck is going on DJI?
2021-12-1
Use props
Buzzyone
Second Officer
Flight distance : 4647913 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Sounds like a defective RCP to me, here the RC Pro connects no different to other DJI drones I have. Typically the status light on the remote goes green as soon as the drone finishes starting up. Sorry it doesn’t really help you but it does sound like faulty equipment. Identifying if its the drone or the RCP will be tricky unless you have an RC-1N or an RC231 to pair with it.
2021-12-2
Use props
TeddyBozeman
lvl.4
  • >>>
United States

Buzzyone Posted at 12-2 00:11
Sounds like a defective RCP to me, here the RC Pro connects no different to other DJI drones I have. Typically the status light on the remote goes green as soon as the drone finishes starting up. Sorry it doesn’t really help you but it does sound like faulty equipment. Identifying if its the drone or the RCP will be tricky unless you have an RC-1N or an RC231 to pair with it.

Yeah, I think the RC Pro has a firmware bug; it seems a lot of people are having this same issue. Strangely, I noticed it partially connects; the light on the controller turns green, as does the drone lights, but never fully connects. Also oddly, it cycles in a 'connected for 20 seconds', 'disconnects for 10 seconds', over and over pattern.
2021-12-2
Use props
DJI Wanda
Administrator

Hello, there. Sorry for your inconvenience. Would you please send us the logs of the aircraft and remote controller?  Just the date of logs when the issue happened. We will forward it to our designated team and further verify the issue. You may upload it to Google Drive or Dropbox and send the link to us through PM. Thanks!
2021-12-2
Use props
TeddyBozeman
lvl.4
  • >>>
United States

Finally figured this out! For some reason, assigning a static IP to the RC Pro (required to get my RC Pro to play well with my Asus mesh system), stops the RC Pro from connecting to the M3. Seems to be some sort of bug on the RC Pro side?
2021-12-8
Use props
DarthSLR
First Officer
Flight distance : 1846716 ft
  • >>>
United States

TeddyBozeman Posted at 12-8 13:40
Finally figured this out! For some reason, assigning a static IP to the RC Pro (required to get my RC Pro to play well with my Asus mesh system), stops the RC Pro from connecting to the M3. Seems to be some sort of bug on the RC Pro side?

Interesting... Glad you have figured it out.
2021-12-8
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules