What to do with Air 2 before selling
2296 6 2021-12-1
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
fansddd5f89e
lvl.1
Flight distance : 66424 ft
United States

I just purchased the DJI Air 2S Combo kit with the regular controller. I am giving my Mavic Air 2 Combo kit (that kit has the Smart Controller which I am going to keep and use with the new Air 2S and he will be given the new regular controller that came with the Air 2S to my son and need some help here. I don't want to mess things up so the DJI Care Refresh will stay with the Air 2.  When going to Profile, I then chose Device Management... a menu appears showing on the left 'Account and Device' and to the right shows it is bound to my email address, beneath that in Blue it shows 'Remove Device from Account' with the Aircraft SN below. Beneath 'Account and Device' on the left it shows 'Value-added Service', on the right it shows 'Replacement Service' Valid. Beneath that is shows 'Remote Controller' with the SN and beneath that it shows in Red 'Unbind RC'.  I do not know which one I should do first.  Can anyone give me the correct way of doing this so he can fly and register the Air 2 in his account with DJI? Apparently if I do not do the right thing here, the 'Fly Away' coverage from the DJI Care Refresh plan will no longer be valid.  I tried going into support on DJI earlier, but after waiting for quite some time I had to log out.  Thank you so much to anyone who can help me here!  Bob

2021-12-1
Use props
RGB47
lvl.1
United States

Disregard ... we found how to do it and it worked. Thank you.
2021-12-1
Use props
DJI Wanda
Administrator

Hello, there. Thank you for the inquiry. We are glad to how you have already know how to unbind the account.
In case other people need it, we will put our answer here, too.
The value-added service is bound to aircraft SN.
When you change the remote controller, please be sure to go to [Profile] - [Device Management] in the app to bind your app account with the aircraft in advance, and also to bind the remote controller with the aircraft.
About the account binding and remote controller binding, please refer to the picture below or the link: https://www.dji.com/service/djicare-refresh/info#faq

2021-12-1
Use props
Montfrooij
Captain
Flight distance : 2560453 ft
  • >>>
Netherlands

RGB47 Posted at 12-1 22:09
Disregard ... we found how to do it and it worked. Thank you.

Can you share what you have found (so others can benefit)?
2021-12-2
Use props
RGB47
lvl.1
United States

Montfrooij Posted at 12-2 00:07
Can you share what you have found (so others can benefit)?

It was confusing to me at first (see my original post above), but turned out to be quite simple.  
1. Go to Profile
2. Select Device Management
3. Menu on Left: 'Account and Device', below that 'Value-added Service'.
4. While in the 'Account and Device' menu, on the right you will find information on various items. Under 'Bound To' which shows your account email address, Select the 'Remove Device from Account' which shows in Red.
That will remove the device (drone) from your account and it will also remove the Remote Controller your drone was bound to.  No need to go to the 'Value-added Service' to unbind your Remote Controller as the steps above will do that automatically.

You need to do this with the drone you will be selling or giving to someone. If you don't, the new owner will not be able to fly nor have access to the DJI Care Refresh plan you may have on the drone.
2021-12-2
Use props
Montfrooij
Captain
Flight distance : 2560453 ft
  • >>>
Netherlands

RGB47 Posted at 12-2 08:51
It was confusing to me at first (see my original post above), but turned out to be quite simple.  
1. Go to Profile
2. Select Device Management

Thanks for sharing!
2021-12-2
Use props
RGB47
lvl.1
United States

You're very welcome!
2021-12-2
Use props