Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
Help me choose: Mini 2 vs Air 2
1406 9 2021-12-1
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
SuP3R1oR
lvl.1
Flight distance : 92457 ft
Thailand

Hello everyone,

I have a bit of a dilemma, I used to have a Mavic MINi, I quite liked it but wifi just got the better of me, the range was aweful with frequent lost of singal so I sold it.

Right now I am thinking of getting back into it and I have a pretty tight budget. Here are my options, I can either buy a Mavic Mini 2 Fly more combo or I can buy Mavic Air 2, but I can't afford fly more combo for Air 2, so if I would stretch my budget from Mini 2, I can only buy Single pack (drone, controller and 1 battery).

I know they are different kind of drones, from Mini I like size and picture quality, from Air 2 obviously tracking and obsticle avoidance (front only) system and better quality.

What do you recommend in this situation?

Thank you.

2021-12-1
Use props
DJI Stephen
DJI team

Hello there SuP3R1oR. Good day and /thank you for choosing DJI.  For reference I will post a link where in you can compare the specifications of the DJI Mini 2 drone to the DJI Mavic Air 2 drone and to other DJI consumer drones as well ( https://www.dji.com/products/com ... ndsite&from=nav ). Thank you for your valued support.

2021-12-1
Use props
SuP3R1oR
lvl.1
Thailand

DJI Stephen Posted at 12-1 22:16
Hello there SuP3R1oR. Good day and /thank you for choosing DJI.  For reference I will post a link where in you can compare the specifications of the DJI Mini 2 drone to the DJI Mavic Air 2 drone and to other DJI consumer drones as well ( https://www.dji.com/products/comparison-consumer-drones?site=brandsite&from=nav ). Thank you for your valued support.

[view_image]

Thank you very much, I had looked at the specs prior. Wanted to hear from people that actually used both.
2021-12-1
Use props
Montfrooij
Captain
Flight distance : 2560453 ft
  • >>>
Netherlands

I own the Mini 2 because that allows me to fly in places where I'm not allowed to fly with any other drone right now (at least here in EU that is).
Otherwise,I would have bought the Air 2s.
2021-12-2
Use props
DAFlys
Captain
Flight distance : 95125112 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Do you have any weight rules in Thailand that need to be considered,   the Mini2 being <249grams can legally fly more places in the world than heavier drones.
2021-12-2
Use props
SuP3R1oR
lvl.1
Thailand

DAFlys Posted at 12-2 00:09
Do you have any weight rules in Thailand that need to be considered,   the Mini2 being

The thing is in Thailand all drones need to be registered, regardless of their weight. Process takes months! I flew my mini before without registering it. I usually do landscapes in the countryside where nobody lives.
2021-12-2
Use props
DAFlys
Captain
Flight distance : 95125112 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

SuP3R1oR Posted at 12-2 01:17
The thing is in Thailand all drones need to be registered, regardless of their weight. Process takes months! I flew my mini before without registering it. I usually do landscapes in the countryside where nobody lives.

Well if it helps the Mini2 range is the same as my Mavic 2 Pro,  they both have O2 and Ive not had any disconnecting problems.
2021-12-2
Use props
DowntownRDB
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 1722 ft
  • >>>
United States

I have both drones and fly both fairly regularly.  Each drone has their own pros and cons.  If it is a bit windy my go to is the Air 2.  If I'm out traveling I take the Mini 2 as it is smaller and a bit more portable.  The APAS 3.0 OA is nice to have on the Air 2.  I bought both with Fly More Combos so I could have extra batteries, etc.  

If I could only buy one I would have to go with the Air 2.  
2021-12-2
Use props
DJI Stephen
DJI team

SuP3R1oR Posted at 12-1 23:40
Thank you very much, I had looked at the specs prior. Wanted to hear from people that actually used both.

Hi there SuP3R1oR. You are very much welcome and thank you for the reply. I hope that our fellow DJI co pilots can give out there best recommendation with regard to this matter as well. Thank you and keep flying.
2021-12-6
Use props
fans043186b7
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1640367 ft
Poland

Air 2 is much better
2021-12-7
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules