app keeps crashing
12Next >
34294 75 2021-12-2
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
FortuneTeller
lvl.1

Switzerland

Hi. I'm running the DJI fly app on my Samsung S21 ultra with Android 12.
Since the latest update of 29 november, the Dji fly app keeps crashing right after launching.
Any advice?

2021-12-2
Use props
DAFlys
Captain
Flight distance : 312090263 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Are you running the 2025 build,   that should fix the issue.   See https://forum.dji.com/forum.php? ... 6orderby%3Ddateline
2021-12-2
Use props
FortuneTeller
lvl.1

Switzerland

I've downloaded the app from here:

https://www.dji.com/ch/downloads/djiapp/dji-fly

but no way. Shall I download the app 2025 build from somewhere else?

2021-12-2
Use props
Popeye1
lvl.3
Flight distance : 511722 ft

United Kingdom

FortuneTeller Posted at 12-2 03:09
I've downloaded the app from here:

https://www.dji.com/ch/downloads/djiapp/dji-fly

This is the official download site for the app. Did you uninstall previous app before installing the latest version. Some time's old files can cause issues..
2021-12-2
Use props
FortuneTeller
lvl.1

Switzerland

yes i did, i'vet tried everything.
2021-12-2
Use props
Popeye1
lvl.3
Flight distance : 511722 ft

United Kingdom

FortuneTeller Posted at 12-2 04:52

May sound strange, But log out of app, close and reopen app!!
2021-12-2
Use props
DJI Wanda
Administrator

FortuneTeller Posted at 12-2 04:52

Hi, there. Sorry for your inconvenience. Would you please reinstall the App from our website? Here is the link: https://www.dji.com/downloads/djiapp/dji-fly
For your notice, Because the compatibility strategy between the DJI App and Google Play Store is changing, you currently cannot finish downloading and updating using Google Play. Thank you for your understanding. You can visit the DJI official website to download and install the latest app and obtain the complete updates in the app.
2021-12-2
Use props
FortuneTeller
lvl.1

Switzerland

Thanks but I've already done that several times: uninstalling app, clearing cache, reinstalling from dji - download site.
Anyway i've done that right now one more time, but it's always the same crash.
2021-12-2
Use props
djiuser_fo7wuoIVVqFK
New

United States

DJI Wanda Posted at 2021-12-2 18:52
Hi, there. Sorry for your inconvenience. Would you please reinstall the App from our website? Here is the link: https://www.dji.com/downloads/djiapp/dji-fly
For your notice, Because the compatibility strategy between the DJI App and Google Play Store is changing, you currently cannot finish downloading and updating using Google Play. Thank you for your understanding. You can visit the DJI official website to download and install the latest app and obtain the complete updates in the app.

I Uninstaller app and tried to download from dji site but it says it's not safe. I downloaded anyway and it won't open.
2022-1-28
Use props
DJI Wanda
Administrator

djiuser_fo7wuoIVVqFK Posted at 1-28 13:11
I Uninstaller app and tried to download from dji site but it says it's not safe. I downloaded anyway and it won't open.

Hello, there. Sorry for your inconvenience. Would you please tell me your phone model, system version, and which product you are using?
2022-1-28
Use props
djiuser_bCoIB2iJGseY
New

Singapore

Have the same problem. The handphone model I am using is Samsung note 20 ultra.
2022-3-5
Use props
Laura Grier
New

United States

I have the exact same issues as above and I also have a Samsung s20 ultra. Any fixes for this phone??
2022-3-13
Use props
djiuser_4AvNgrnP8iTE
New

Israel

I have the same problem on my Samsung galaxy S10+. The app just crashes immediately.
2022-3-27
Use props
djiuser_4AvNgrnP8iTE
New

Israel

djiuser_4AvNgrnP8iTE Posted at 3-27 21:57
I have the same problem on my Samsung galaxy S10+. The app just crashes immediately.

2022-3-27
Use props
djiuser_gRj4czAyOmRU
New

United States

Same here.  I have a S22 Ultra.  I've done all of the above.  App keeps crashing.
2022-3-29
Use props
trggrhppylmbx
lvl.1
United States

Also S22 Ultra. Also keeps crashing. I am getting fed up with this. This is not some exotic device, but one of the most common Android devices. Buying an outdated phone just to run DJI Go is not an acceptable solution. DJI, fix this!
2022-4-9
Use props
HOF_Lander
lvl.1
Flight distance : 397113 ft
Netherlands

Same problem with Samsung S21 Enterprise. Awefull to use my ipad to fly my drone!
2022-4-20
Use props
DJI Thor
Administrator
Flight distance : 13602 ft

HOF_Lander Posted at 4-20 10:07
Same problem with Samsung S21 Enterprise. Awefull to use my ipad to fly my drone!

Hello, there. Sorry for the late reply. Please try to update the firmware of your device and redownload the APP from our official website to see if it works. Here is the link: https://www.dji.com/id/downloads/djiapp/dji-fly
2022-4-23
Use props
fans4a6944db
lvl.1
Flight distance : 337776 ft
United States

Same here wiyh samsung galaxy s10 5g
2022-4-24
Use props
theSilaS
lvl.1
Flight distance : 2442907 ft
  • >>>
Hungary

And same crashes here with latest 2.5.3.1 dji pilot on Samsung z fold 2 with latest Android 12.

Please help! It is a joke, that we have to use an android 10
Screenshot_20220425-204914_Settings.jpg
2022-4-25
Use props
djiuser_hydF1TCIZd0I
New

Australia

Same here... S22 Ultra. My old S20+ which hasn't been updated still works.

Come on DJI.. not good enough... This issue is all over the web has has been for 6 months.. poor form and clearly not seeking a fix... Certainly will be reconsidering my next Drone purchase
2022-7-4
Use props
InstaGator
New

United States

I've had issues with DJI products every time I try to fly my phantom 3 pro. Customer service is horrible. DJI doesn't update anything for Android users. I ended up just using an older iPhone to fly it because even the "fixes" don't work with newer Android products anymore. DJI has always had horrible customer services and if they would sell to someone with a little common sense I don't think Android users would have issues anymore. Their are apps like Litchi that you can buy(for $25) that seem to work, but as far as DJI is concerned they don't give a $h*t about whether or not the app works, as long as you already bought their product.
2022-7-5
Use props
DJI Thor
Administrator

InstaGator Posted at 7-5 13:08
I've had issues with DJI products every time I try to fly my phantom 3 pro. Customer service is horrible. DJI doesn't update anything for Android users. I ended up just using an older iPhone to fly it because even the "fixes" don't work with newer Android products anymore. DJI has always had horrible customer services and if they would sell to someone with a little common sense I don't think Android users would have issues anymore. Their are apps like Litchi that you can buy(for $25) that seem to work, but as far as DJI is concerned they don't give a $h*t about whether or not the app works, as long as you already bought their product.

Hi, there. We are greatly sorry to hear about that. Could you please tell us more details about your issue? May we know the model of your device? We will try our best to help you out.
2022-7-7
Use props
DJI Thor
Administrator

djiuser_hydF1TCIZd0I Posted at 7-4 02:51
Same here... S22 Ultra. My old S20+ which hasn't been updated still works.

Come on DJI.. not good enough... This issue is all over the web has has been for 6 months.. poor form and clearly not seeking a fix... Certainly will be reconsidering my next Drone purchase

Hi, there. We are greatly sorry to hear about that. Please try to reinstall the latest version of the DJI Fly app from our official website to check if the problem persists, note to back up the video/picture files.
Here is the link: https://www.dji.com/downloads/djiapp/dji-fly
2022-7-7
Use props
djiuser_IjKebFRsAYYH
lvl.2
Flight distance : 1616693 ft
United States

nothing improves by uninstalling and reinstalling !
How about your team looks at the crash reports. I should have just generated 8 of them
UPDATE:
I installed the app on my old Android 7 phone. That works!
2022-7-17
Use props
djiuser_j8qzeA5f1rhY
lvl.1
Germany

Same here Google Pixel 3xl and Pixel 4a both Android 12
fresh install of V1.6.9 doesn't fix the force close one app start
2022-7-29
Use props
fans4db0f709
lvl.1

United States

I'm having the same issue now. Pixel 3xl. Android 12. Dji fly app 1.6.9.

This must be fixed immediately.
2022-7-29
Use props
VinniDoddu
lvl.1
Flight distance : 1926 ft

France

Same for me ! Please do something. There at least 5 different threads on that issue !
2022-7-30
Use props
fans272a2d9d
New

United States

Alright I've done everything listed, cleared old apps. Cleared cache, re-downloaded app off website and everything seems to work. I can accept all the privacy settings and permissions and get into the app's home screen. But only if I'm connected to a regular WiFi or cell network, as soon as I try to switch to the drones WiFi the app closes back to log in, and then just constantly refreshes. I can no longer log in or do anything else with the app. The Drone and controller are now just paperweights, I was able to use it after a severe storm brought down trees on my property two months ago but now I can't use it at all.

I have used and still use a Samsung Galaxy S20, version 12. Phantom 3 Standard.

Do I just have to buy an old device to use my drone now?
2022-7-30
Use props
GTS 350
lvl.4

United States

Not that dji cares but like all the others I have the same issue. I tried all the suggestions nothing works. dji is a terrible company.
2022-7-30
Use props
fans272a2d9d
New

United States

GTS 350 Posted at 7-30 18:24
Not that dji cares but like all the others I have the same issue. I tried all the suggestions nothing works. dji is a terrible company.

Well maybe I will buy an old phone then...
2022-7-30
Use props
djiuser_xAT3GWb8xH9C
lvl.1

United States

fans272a2d9d Posted at 7-30 18:35
Well maybe I will buy an old phone then...

I agree it seems that dji does not care. Same issue 4a5g here uninstalled it may times. The best option I got from customer service is to buy another phone. If I do buy something and I will have too very soon I use it for work. I will never go back to dji. Smh oh to fix a problem spend more money.  Not cool
2022-8-4
Use props
djiuser_k39LZ03tUc4E
New

Italy

Also Mine, Android 12, keeps crashing on boot with version 1.6.9, tried to reinstall, clear cache, different times, no changes
2022-8-7
Use props
DJI Natalia
Administrator

Dear all:

We are sorry for the inconvenience caused.
Please don't worry, our relevant team is checking this problem.

If you are urgent about this issue, you can also ask me for a further help. (You can contact me via PM)

Besides, if you need any support, you can contact us anytime here.
2022-8-8
Use props
djiuser_mqC1pgbk5YKi
lvl.1
Flight distance : 18241 ft
Germany

Can you send me the Testfile?
2022-8-8
Use props
djiuser_JpAqZqSgkvyI
New

Canada

DJI fly app crashing as soon as I open it. Any suggestions? I tried uninstalling and clearing catch.

Using Pixle 6 with a Magic Mini
2022-8-8
Use props
jfbond
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1240538 ft
Ireland

Hi everyone.

If I knew this thread existed I wouldn't have created a new one : https://forum.dji.com/forum.php?mod=viewthread&tid=271258

It is not just the fly app that has the issue : my Android 12 has Fly and Mimo, both apps crash on start.
2022-8-8
Use props
Temag1981
lvl.1

United Kingdom

Hello everyone.
My Dji Fly started crushing yesterday when I needed it so much, as well as Dji Go and Dji Pilot. I tried several times to reinstall the apps using Dji download center but there was no any success.  
I am using Oneplus 9pro Android 12

2022-8-8
Use props
jron
New

United States

So sick of the amount of problems I've had with DJI software. Feels like every time I have an important time to use the drone I get screwed by one problem or another. I've had this happen to me a couple of times in the past, where the app crashes instantly from loading, usually installing the latest version would fix it but not this time. I have a google pixel 5 and have tried everything. Even traveled just to get wifi to download the latest version so I could use the drone while on vacation before finding this thread and realizing it won't make a difference.
2022-8-9
Use props
djiuser_R1xRTGJdjxUQ
lvl.2
Flight distance : 279455 ft
United Kingdom

jron Posted at 8-9 11:03
So sick of the amount of problems I've had with DJI software. Feels like every time I have an important time to use the drone I get screwed by one problem or another. I've had this happen to me a couple of times in the past, where the app crashes instantly from loading, usually installing the latest version would fix it but not this time. I have a google pixel 5 and have tried everything. Even traveled just to get wifi to download the latest version so I could use the drone while on vacation before finding this thread and realizing it won't make a difference.
I have the same problem since yesterday. App force closes on launch nothing updated recently. I have tried everything but nothing works. I have a Google pixel 4a5g that I have no plan to upgrade. Dji app support is dire to be honest.
2022-8-9
Use props
12Next >
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules