Shooting Osmo Action with Dome Port
3036 5 2021-12-2
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Mike_Zinin
lvl.4
Thailand

Hello DJI fans. I have been using the Osmo Action for 1 year and I mainly use this camera for taking pictures in half water with a dome port. Before that, I used the GoPro 4 BE kit with Dome Port. I want to share my observations. My Osmo Action is a good action camera for capturing videos, but for capturing photos, I was completely disappointed. The most important function that I need is a burst shooting in RAW. With ratio 4:3, I chose the maximum speed of 7 frames per pass. And then I was disappointed, after a series of shooting, the camera freezes for 7 seconds until everything is written to the memory card. Just imagine 7 Seconds! holding a person on the water, controlling itself and catching the height of the wave, Osmo Action transfers photos to memory for a very long time and for my task it is critical. I really hoped that they would fix it with new firmware, but I was wrong. I bought SanDisk Extreme microSDXC UHS-I A2 64Gb V30 R-160MB/s, W-60MB/s and it didn't help speed up the process, then I bought SanDisk Extreme PRO microSDXC UHS-I A2 64Gb V30 R-170MB/s, W- 90MB/s and that didn't help either. The recording was frozen for 7 seconds. The last hope was to buy a V90 card. For this I ordered KINGSTON microSDXC UHS-II A1 64 GB V90 Canvas React Plus R-285MB/s, W-165MB/s and what do you think !? It didn't help either. The freeze continued for 7 seconds. I would like to address the last hope to the technical update development team. The last update was a year ago. Please modify the recording speed in the machine gun mode. This is the main mode in which I use Osmo Action. Please hear my request!

P.S.
Please do not suggest Time Laps mode. The minimum interval is 1 photo in 2 seconds when shooting in RAW.
But I would be satisfied with this mode if the interval was shortened to 0.5 seconds

Similan Islands

Similan Islands
2021-12-2
Use props
johansenfoto
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1173379 ft
  • >>>
Norway

I think for your task it would be a better choice to use Olympus TG-6.
20 fps burst, waterproof + better image quality since bigger sensor
https://www.dpreview.com/reviews/olympus-tg-6-review
2021-12-2
Use props
DAFlys
Captain
Flight distance : 312090263 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Great Shot    
2021-12-2
Use props
Mike_Zinin
lvl.4
Thailand

johansenfoto Posted at 12-2 03:03
I think for your task it would be a better choice to use Olympus TG-6.
20 fps burst, waterproof + better image quality since bigger sensor
https://www.dpreview.com/reviews/olympus-tg-6-review

Thanks, but I already have a dome port for an action camera. And everything suits me, except for one burst shooting mode.
029F71BE-84BA-4F2F-9CFC-6C90241D7AB2.jpeg
2021-12-2
Use props
Nepton
lvl.1

Israel

Amazing Photo))
Tried to find a dome for DJI 3 & 4 but with no luck!!
1-24 07:20
Use props
lutzmix
lvl.4
Germany

Nepton Posted at 1-24 07:20
Amazing Photo))
Tried to find a dome for DJI 3 & 4 but with no luck!!

Telesin offer a Dome Port for Action 4/3

https://youtube.com/shorts/InRUl3Tw4mU?si=TVuVxSp-Gx7Pl963

1-24 20:34
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules