What is the top speed to copy files from SSD to PC?
344 7 2021-12-2
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Drone Cuiabá
lvl.4
Flight distance : 13272894 ft
  • >>>
Brazil

What is your fastest speed to copy files from SSD to PC?

I have a model motherboard ROG CROSSHAIR VI HERO. It has USB 3.1 Type-A and Type-C port 10GB:

Connected to this motherboard I have a SSD M2 NVMe Samsung Evo 240GB. The writing speed is 1900MB/sec.

When copying from the M3's SSD to the PC's SSD I have a maximum of 315MB/sec.

Captura de tela 2021-12-02 124722.png

Did anyone get a higher speed?
2021-12-2
Use props
erikjsschneider
lvl.3
Flight distance : 22513 ft
  • >>>
United States

I'll take a look at mine next time. I'm running a MSI MEG X570 ACE mobo and I've been transferring to a Samsung 980 Pro 2TB. Should be getting some drone shots soon to test the transfer speeds again.
2021-12-2
Use props
Buzzyone
lvl.4
Flight distance : 4647913 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Getting 768mbs using a Mac BookPro (10.5gb in 14 secs)

If I’ve done the maths correctly. Although the quoted max is 700mbs. Either way it is reasonable. I did also used a Virtual Machine running Win 10 on my Mac and it was considerably slower, but there will be additional overheads as a result of the VM.
2021-12-2
Use props
Drone Cuiabá
lvl.4
Flight distance : 13272894 ft
  • >>>
Brazil

Buzzyone Posted at 12-2 10:23
Getting 768mbs using a Mac BookPro (10.5gb in 14 secs)

If I’ve done the maths correctly. Although the quoted max is 700mbs. Either way it is reasonable. I did also used a Virtual Machine running Win 10 on my Mac and it was considerably slower, but there will be additional overheads as a result of the VM.

great speed!
2021-12-3
Use props
GlobalGazelle
New
Flight distance : 36512 ft
United Kingdom

Windows isn't recognising M3 Cine at all.  Any tips?  Thank you v much in advance.
2021-12-5
Use props
Buzzyone
lvl.4
Flight distance : 4647913 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

GlobalGazelle Posted at 12-5 04:51
Windows isn't recognising M3 Cine at all.  Any tips?  Thank you v much in advance.

I had this problem on first connection, it would mount and un-mount. Along with the computer audio beeps. On my Mac it wouldn’t even mount, after a few attempts it started to work & has been fine ever since.

There have been some reports of the drone being returned because of this issue.

Suggest you format the SSD and see if that helps.

It should also mount your SD card if that is in the SD slot.
2021-12-5
Use props
GlobalGazelle
New
United Kingdom

Buzzyone Posted at 12-5 05:18
I had this problem on first connection, it would mount and un-mount. Along with the computer audio beeps. On my Mac it wouldn’t even mount, after a few attempts it started to work & has been fine ever since.

There have been some reports of the drone being returned because of this issue.

Thank you.  Actually had it mount successfully on a friend's new Mac, first time, but i can't operate in that way.  

I have an SD Card in there now, but again it isn't mounting.  In Windows device management, the DJI device appears then disappears, appears then disappears.... it goes on like this for 5-ish minutes then Windows says the USB device isnt working properly.

I'm very keen to successfully use this drone.  Perhaps I will try the Format SSD route.  Do I lose anything?  Other than any footage stored on there?  excuse the question...

thanks.
2021-12-5
Use props
GlobalGazelle
New
United Kingdom

GlobalGazelle Posted at 12-5 05:42
Thank you.  Actually had it mount successfully on a friend's new Mac, first time, but i can't operate in that way.  

I have an SD Card in there now, but again it isn't mounting.  In Windows device management, the DJI device appears then disappears, appears then disappears.... it goes on like this for 5-ish minutes then Windows says the USB device isnt working properly.

OK, so a quick update - and I'm sorry this isnt really related to the title of this thread, but maybe there are others in the same situation as me, tearing their hair out.

I got it to work (whether it lasts, who knows).
Hardware: Microsoft Surface Book 3.

USB-C port on laptop: failed to connect (endless repeats of windows 'trying')
USB-A port on laptop: failed to connect (endless repeats of windows 'trying')
USB-A port on a hub connected to another USB-A port on laptop: SUCCESS!

Very very strange.
Maybe the USB-C port didn't work because the port isn't certified Thunderbolt? spec: USB Type-C 3.1 Gen 2.
No idea at all why the USB-A port on the laptop didnt work.

Sorry to clutter the thread. Best advice - keep hacking away at different connections, maybe one will work for you.
2021-12-5
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules