Remote ID Tab Missing
2917 7 2021-12-2
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
CBR549
lvl.2
United States

Remote ID tab is missig in DJI Fly app update. Wondering why?
2021-12-2
Use props
DAFlys
Captain
Flight distance : 312090263 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Remote ID is still a work in progress by the FAA,   This is Aeroscope and I think the name is confusing people.
2021-12-3
Use props
CBR549
lvl.2
United States

DAFlys Posted at 12-3 00:24
Remote ID is still a work in progress by the FAA,   This is Aeroscope and I think the name is confusing people.

Please explain this. All I know is that it was there in as apart of the DJI Fly app and now it is not. What does Aeroscope  have to do with it?
2021-12-3
Use props
DAFlys
Captain
Flight distance : 312090263 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

CBR549 Posted at 12-3 14:14
Please explain this. All I know is that it was there in as apart of the DJI Fly app and now it is not. What does Aeroscope  have to do with it?

Remote ID spec from the FAA is not yet complete.   The DJI drones have their own system called Aeroscope.  If they call it remote id it may lead to some confusion.

http://dji.com/aeroscope
2021-12-4
Use props
CBR549
lvl.2
United States

No confusion here! It was already listed "Remote Identification" then under that "UUID". So why was it remove it from DJI Fly app?
2021-12-4
Use props
CBR549
lvl.2
United States

Why no answers? Why was it removed from the DJI Fly app?
2021-12-13
Use props
CBR549
lvl.2
United States

I have been in touch with DJI support several times about the missing "Remote Identification" tab and they assure me that it is still featured in DJI Fly APP however, with the Mavic Air 2and a Mini 2 that I have it does not show up!
Both aircraft fly and maneuver fine just no  "Remote Identification" tab within DJI Fly app.
2021-12-15
Use props
CBR549
lvl.2
United States

DJI is up to inept and deceptive practices again. First I was told by DJI support that the "Remote Identification" tab option never existed. Then I was told that it must be something with the drones I have and to send them in for an inspection , really to charge for more services to get a refurbished drone. After some research, evidently the last few updates have removed the "Remote Identification" tab option! Roll back app a little and it reappears again, roll back a little further and then it's named Aeroscope. All they had to do is explain this instead of many calls, emails and postings!
2021-12-15
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules