Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
TonyPHX
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 11229610 ft
  • >>>
United States

DJI Folks,

I am not trying to be rude or disrespectful, but I think this is long past time and needs to be said.  When you release new firmware for devices and controllers, or new software control applications, I think you should take a more professional approach on your release notes.  Simply stating "Fixed a few bugs" or some other comment just seems lazy.

Product managers of consumer, prosumer, and enterprise class hardware should all treat their product with the respect it deserves and advise their consumers what is going on.  Whether this is just laziness, or your own team testing to see what they can get away with, it does not put DJI in the highest regard.  Simple things like this point to overall quality and how a company is run.  

It is also not reasonable to publish firmware updates without advising what exactly was changed or fixed.  Certainly you would not expect us to pay an invoice and just say "send me a drone".  Please have the respect for your customers and keep your development team accountable for documenting release notes with your product.

Tony Simek

2021-12-2
Use props
TonyPHX
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
United States

Well, I guess my feedback was not taken well given it having been buried.  Nonetheless, I think this is valid and worthy feedback.
2021-12-3
Use props
Dronepilot X
New

Sweden

I agree - patch notes are a must internally and so it is industry standard to post a set of public patch notes as well; they're already more or less done, and the users will be better able to understand and use the software if they are informed what changes are being made to it.
2021-12-3
Use props
DJI Gamora
Administrator

Hi, TonyPHX. Thank you for your feedback, we will note it down and transfer to the relevant team. Thank you for your support.
2021-12-3
Use props
TonyPHX
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
United States

DJI Gamora Posted at 12-3 22:43
Hi, TonyPHX. Thank you for your feedback, we will note it down and transfer to the relevant team. Thank you for your support.

I appreciate you doing that.  I think it will improve the quality of communication and trust.
2021-12-5
Use props
TonyPHX
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
United States

DJI Gamora Posted at 12-3 22:43

@DJI Gamora, the release notes that shipped with the most recent M3 update were a perfect example of doing it right!  It shows that is can be done, and clearly was.  
2021-12-10
Use props
DJI Gamora
Administrator

TonyPHX Posted at 12-10 12:06
@DJI Gamora, the release notes that shipped with the most recent M3 update were a perfect example of doing it right!  It shows that is can be done, and clearly was.

Thank you for your positive feedback, which provides us motivation to keep improving! Should you have any further questions, please feel free to contact us at any time, we're glad to help.
2021-12-10
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules