1045 10 2021-12-2
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Suren
Captain
Flight distance : 13425892 ft
  • >>>
New Zealand

This guy explains itt much better in regards to Dji Occusync and how it works between the range of drones Dji made.
2021-12-2
Use props
DJI Stephen
DJI team

Hello there Suren. Good day and thank you for posting this video here at DJI Forum. Again, thank you for your support and have a nice day.
2021-12-2
Use props
GaryDoug
First Officer
Flight distance : 1264639 ft
  • >>>
United States

Thank you Suren for this link. But maybe a better communication would be your brief summary of the video. Just saying, we trust you more  ;-)
2021-12-2
Use props
Suren
Captain
  • >>>
New Zealand

GaryDoug Posted at 12-2 22:18
Thank you Suren for this link. But maybe a better communication would be your brief summary of the video. Just saying, we trust you more  ;-)

Don't trust me, I just lift off and fly. This guys explains it well and this should help the who wants to know why the old SC does not work with the Mavic 3.
2021-12-2
Use props
Montfrooij
Captain
Flight distance : 2560453 ft
  • >>>
Netherlands

Interesting video (a bit long for me, especially since he did not bother to add an index)
2021-12-3
Use props
DAFlys
Captain
Flight distance : 312090263 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Thanks for sharing. .  
2021-12-3
Use props
dr6583
Second Officer
Flight distance : 490627 ft
United States

Good breakdown.  A little technical, but good.
2021-12-3
Use props
DowntownRDB
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 1722 ft
  • >>>
United States

Nice find Suren.  I really wish he would have indexed the video.  I could have skipped all the complex technical info and gone straight to hearing in layman's terms why the M3 can't run on old guard SC.  I believe that started at 23:00.  

Thanks for sharing.  
2021-12-3
Use props
Raf_IZ0QWM
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1640843 ft
Italy

Thank you good video.
I like to learn more and more about Ocusync.

I'm pretty sure that the P1 and the S1 are the core of the SDR coding/encoding Ocusync protocol.
The S1 chip decodes only the part of the Ocusync relating to the communication of the commands, extrapolates the ocusync packets and sends the video part to the smartphone that will manage the video stream.
For this it is also a bit slower and dependent on the decoding speed of the smartphone.

Instead, the P1 decodes all of the Ocusync, including the video. In fact we find it in the DJI FPV where there is no smartphone.
It is likely that they have also decided to insert it in the new SmartController to speed up the decoding operations.

It is a rather common situation for example in DVB-S2 digital communications: adding the header, scrambling, encoding, FEC, interleaving, etc., are performed by an FPGA, the rest by a CPU but an FPGA can also do everything, it depends on the speed you want to achieve in decoding.
But a CPU can do it all too. It is full of examples in GnuRadio.
2021-12-4
Use props
Suren
Captain
  • >>>
New Zealand

DowntownRDB Posted at 12-3 15:10
Nice find Suren.  I really wish he would have indexed the video.  I could have skipped all the complex technical info and gone straight to hearing in layman's terms why the M3 can't run on old guard SC.  I believe that started at 23:00.  

Thanks for sharing.

hahaha yeah I guess he just got into it. Well at least now we know about O3
2021-12-5
Use props
DowntownRDB
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 1722 ft
  • >>>
United States

Suren Posted at 12-5 10:19
hahaha yeah I guess he just got into it. Well at least now we know about O3

I have to give him credit as he really did come through about O3.  
2021-12-6
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules